It Should Have Been (And In The Future Will Be) A Defensive Gun Use: Indy Restaurant Offers Concealed Carriers Discount

635813727061885821-ftsuperbowl-12.191714

Want to know the safest place in Indianapolis to eat these days? Hmm, we’ve got a taste for cajun. How about Papa Roux? “The Eastside restaurant owned by (Art) Bouvier was robbed Saturday night, the first time that’s happened in the popular Cajun eatery’s eight years of business. Now, Bouvier is offering a 25 percent discount to customers who can show a handgun license.” It’s too bad it took getting held up to convince Bouvier that encouraging concealed carry was a good idea, but it’s good no one was hurt. We’re guessing he’ll have more business and a lot less trouble with the riff raff going forward. Although we can think of one local who may not become a regular.

comments

1. avatar Removed_californian says:

how come when i hover my mouse over the link for shannon watts it comes up as “shannon troughton”?

guessing its an old name?

1. Huh. Must be her maiden name.

1. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

I thought her maiden name was Watts. And her married name was Diggler, which she’s been keeping quiet about for obvious reasons.

Shannon Marmion Watts also went by the names Shannon Renee Troughton, Shannon Renee Weaver and Shannon Renee Marmion. One is her maiden name, one is he name of her ex-husband, one her current husband and the other — who knows.

2. avatar dh34 says:

As the late Justin Wilson might say…Dem manic mommas, dey won’t like dat…no child, not one bit.

3. avatar jwtaylor says:

Do they have a good duck gumbo? JDub would fly to IN for some good gumbo.

1. avatar dh34 says:

Drive out I10 to Winnie, just west of Beaumont. Al T’s…etouffee smothered sirloin…with a cup of gumbo on the side…yeah baby!

1. avatar jwtaylor says:

Awesome. Thanks.

4. avatar Gunr says:

25% off! That’s a lot! Good for him. Hope he gets a lot of business.
    Looks like Broad Ripple has changed a bit. I grew up in that section and went to school there.

1. avatar Art out West says:

That is what I was thinking. 25% is a pretty substantial discount. I’d definitely go there if I lived nearby.

5. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

Just make sure to put up a big sign by the front door advertising the policy. Won’t matter much if anybody actually takes you up on the discount, you won’t be robbed again. At least not during business hours.

Shoot a robber, get a free meal. Now that’s a deal.

1. avatar dh34 says:

The would be robber may have a starring role in the next batch of boudin.

7. avatar TroyBilt says:

This story reminds me of my new bank. They use to be posted with gun buster signs. After they where robbed by two guys shooting 12GA off inside the bank the stickers came down.

This is when I switched banks from my posted bank. I called my new bank (the freshly robbed bank) and asked them if I switched my account to them if I could open carry there. The manager called me back in 10 min and asked if I had friends that would join and open carry also.

1. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

You should consider Chappell Hill Bank in Chappell Hill, TX, about an hour NW of Houston. They’re famously pro-2A.

8. avatar ThePontificator says:

Isn’t Papa Roux the restaurant that gave a guy (a veteran) a job after he walked miles and miles in the snow to a job interview because he had no job or car?

9. avatar Steven says:

I’ll be in that city before the end of the year. I’ll be certain to have a meal there.

10. avatar Hannibal says:

Nice thought, but while I’d be happy to eat there I’m not sure I would want to try and stop an armed robbery for that 25% discount…

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Point is, by advertising the discount and alluding to the presence of concealed weapons the chance of ANYONE in that establishment ever having to clear leather has decreased by about 99%. There are still a few crooks who can’t read good, after all.

1. avatar Chip Bennett says:

Exactly.

Criminals may not be the most intelligent demographic, but when it comes to survival instinct, they’re not stupid.

“Owner encourages armed citizens to eat here” = “I’ll find an easier mark elsewhere”

11. Not a to painful lesson. I will eat there after elected.
    No double standards DC politicians on Obamacare and SS.Thanks for your support and vote.Pass the word. mrpresident2016.com

12. avatar alanstorm says:

Has anyone told Tam?

13. avatar Kyle says:

very clever idea. You get security for low cost. Good will from the gun community. Odds are good they wont get robbed in the future.

Very Smart.