It Should Have Been a Defensive Gun Use: Fine Young Cannibal Edition [VIDEO]

TTAG reader MM writes:

I want to forward a story about a man [Thomas Cottingham] who gave his life to protect a young women and her child from a lunatic with a knife. [Click here and here for news reports.] A young man named Thomas Cottingham also know as “cannibal” or “scumbag” gave his life to protect another citizen. He was a fan of hip hop group called the Insane Clown Posse. He called himself a Juggalo which was know the the FBI as a hybrid gang until this year when the group and the Michigan ACLU fought and won to remove the gang classification. Just because someone dresses different or looks different or listens to weird music doesn’t deny them the right to defend themselves or others.

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

Respects to scumbag. Facing a knife for another. Sometimes, to walk as a man, you have to put it all on the line.

May he find peace.

1. avatar Benny the Jew says:

2. avatar Felix says:

Are you sure the Juggaloes beat the FBI? It says here they just won an appeal restoring their lawsuit to challenge the FBI’s classification.

1. avatar Max says:

No they won the appeal. They were taken off the FBI’s gang list

1. avatar Felix says:

Here’s a quote from that link I gave: “In other words, the Sixth Circuit did not hold that the classification was “flat-out ridiculous and un-American bullshit” , just that ICP and the Juggalos can try to prove it was (and that it injured them).”

Can you provide a link showing anything more?

1. avatar Max says:

A federal appeals court has ruled in favor of the Insane Clown Posse in their bid to get the FBI to remove the Detroit hip-hop duo’s followers — known as “Juggalos” — from a gang list.

They are still going to court to sue the FBI and the DOJ. That’s different from being removed from the gang list.

3. Now we should ban knifes, all knifes. Including butter knifes, hay it is a knife. Any knife can kill even the children. Oh can’t we please think of the children. With that sarcasm said, a bright light has been taken out of this world, and we all suffer because of it.

4. avatar neipwa says:

Stupid people, stupid places doing stupid things.

And once more -“just starting to turn life around”, starting college, writing the great American novel and curing cancer.

Decide to act like/dress like a moron may lead to being treated by normal society as a psycho (lose your firearms). Selfdescribe as INSANE CLOWN might be a clue.

1. avatar actionphysicalman says:

You do realize that the “insane clown” was the good guy in this story?

2. avatar Grindstone says:

Are you intentionally dense or what?

Okay, I’m an OFWG, a retired lawyer, a POTG, raised on hard rock so I’m no Juggalo — but I like ICP. So sue me.

1. avatar HeySpanky says:

This made me chuckle. There’s a little ICP in all of our iPods.

2. avatar actionphysicalman says:

I think I have House of Horrors on a playlist or two as well.

3. avatar Grindstone says:

The only song I’ve ever heard is the one about magnets.

1. avatar anaxis says:

You should give “Home Invasion” by Violent J a listen. It’s about a DGU, and not from the perpetrator’s viewpoint.

1. avatar Grindstone says:

Thanks but no thanks, not my kind of music. Not saying it’s bad. Just not for me.

4. avatar anaxis says:

Somehow…. I’m not surprised you’re down with the Clowns. \m/ >_<

6. avatar Bill Kohnke says:

Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for another.

1. John 15:13 my favorite verse. And so right in this context.

2. avatar SkyMan77 says:

+ Another… Thanks Bill… God Bless…

7. avatar rc says:

Godspeed scumbag. You put it down that others may live…the best thing that could be said of a man.

8. avatar WRH says:

I’m going to pour some Faygo Red Pop out on the curb in his honor.

1. avatar anaxis says:

For special occasions use Rock’in Rye. Red Pop is for spraying crowds.

1. avatar karlb says:

Oh, Man, it has been years since I had a Rock’ in Rye.

1. avatar Max says:

Actually they used diet root beer and diet cream soda to spray the crowds. Diet so it’s not sugary and stick. Root beer and cream soda because it foams or carbonates better to launch them.

9. avatar PeterK says:

There is something grammatical going on here: “which was know the the FBI”

Maybe ‘which was know to the FBI’?

That is a sad story. He was obviously a good man.

10. Have you ever been old to “not run with scissors.”? Should they be illegal. I read were England is trying to ban knives, sorry don’t have a link. It has gone to far. If you are afraid every time you set out of the house stay home.The 2nd Amendment was put into the Constitution so the people could protect themselves from a corrupt government. I believe the people should have what the government has including machine guns. The only gun control law there should be is that criminals can’t have any firearms. Thanks for your vote, pass the word. mrpresident2016.com