Alex Bosco’s pistol arm brace is a game-changer. Not only does the device help disabled Americans defend themselves, it makes pistol versions of modern sporting rifles useful for all. But utility is only half the reason for getting a brace. It also makes the firearm look complete . . .
The aesthetic difference between an AR-15 pistol with a bare buffer tube and one with an SB-15 brace on the end is night and day. It adds much needed balance to the firearm, and provides a stable shooting platform for an otherwise unwieldy weapon. We’ve had a chance to check out SB Tactical’s new braces in person. They look great and transform the guns to which they are attached. The only problem . . .
Ever since the ATF pulled a fast one and started warning against shouldering a brace-equipped gun there have been some people who have been cautious about buying them. Even when we pulled the guns out of their gun cases to check the new stuff out, the very first thing their PR guy told us was “don’t shoulder it.” That was advice we promptly ignored. You know; in theory.
There are three new braces, two for H&K style firearms and one for POF-USA’s new Patriot Sub Gun. Interestingly, the PSG-related brace also fits perfectly (both in dimension and style) with the KRISS Vector pistol. Almost like it was designed for that gun originally. Huh.
Here’s the press release (seen here, exclusively on TTAG, before anywhere else):
Saint Petersburg, FL – SB Tactical™, the inventor and manufacturer of the Stabilizing Brace™, is pleased to announce the immediate release of new products for multiple firearms platforms. The new website and online store, accessible at www.sb-tactical.com, will allow customers to purchase product directly from SB Tactical™. This is the start of a new era for SB Tactical™ which to date, has distributed product exclusively through partnerships with Sig Sauer for AR pistols and Century Arms for AK pistols.
SB Tactical™ innovates, designs, develops and manufactures accessories for firearms, specifically personal defense weapon (PDW) pistols. The initial product introduced to market in 2013 was the SB15® Stabilizing Brace™, often referred to by enthusiasts as the “Sig Brace.” The product was developed specifically to improve shooting accuracy and reduce felt recoil when PDW pistols. That same year the SB15® was named the Firearm Accessory of the Year and the Stabilizing Brace™ has since revolutionized shooting sports for those in need of improved stabilization and assistive devices.
The market for Stabilizing Braces™ spans hundreds of different gun platforms across many firearms manufactures, from volume producers to custom fabricators. The direct sell model and expansion of SB Tactical™ is designed to support the development and rollout of new Stabilizing Brace™ product lines for Sig Sauer, Heckler and Koch (H&K) and Patriot Ordnance Factory (POF) among others. In the coming weeks, SB Tactical™ will be releasing information on several additional products that will be available for purchase soon and is investing in research and product development for assistive accessories for any firearms platform that requires them.
The entire Stabilizing Brace™ family of products are 100% U.S. manufactured in Lexington, KY. A portion of all proceeds from the sale of Stabilizing Braces™ goes to support Honored American Veterans Afield (HAVA).
Products Now Available
- The SB®15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace™ is SB Tactical’s™ first stabilizing brace designed for the AR-15 family of firearms. It was designed to provide increased stability and improved accuracy while firing with one hand. Sig Sauer Inc. is the exclusive distributor for the SB®15 product.
- The SB®X Pistol Stabilizing Brace™ is SB Tactical’s™ second generation brace designed for Sig Sauer’s MPX and MCX line of firearms. The SB®X brace is an update to the SB®15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace™ and features a more streamlined design with a thicker strap for extra stability. The SB®X can also be used on conventional AR-15 type weapons.
- The SB 89® Stabilizing Brace™ was developed for the Heckler and Koch (H&K) MP5k.
- The SB® 93/94 Stabilizing Brace™ was developed for the Heckler and Koch (H&K) 93/94 and MP5 series of weapons
- The SB® PSG Stabilizing Brace™ was developed for the Patriot Ordnance Factory’s (POF-USA) Patriot Sub Gun (PSG). This brace also fits the KRISS Vector pistol with an additional KRISS Vector M4 Adapter available through other retailers.
- The SB®47 Stabilizing Brace™ was designed for the AK-47. Century Arms, the largest importer of AK-47’s in the country, is the exclusive distributor of the SB®47 Stabilizing Brace. The SB®47 can be used with any Century Arms PAP M92 PV, PAP M85 PV & NP, Draco and C39 Pistols.
SB Tactical™ is the owner of the utility and design patent for the Stabilizing Brace™, securing the company as the clear provider for Stabilizing Brace™ accessories.
SB Tactical’s ™ website and online store can be accessed at www.sb-tactical.com. For high-res images associated with this announcement, please visit this LINK.
Full reviews to follow shortly.