What’s Up SilencerCo’s Sleeve?

You have to give it to SilencerCo. They don’t scrimp on the production values. To wit, the teaser they issued this week for their new, well, what? A reverberating carbonizer with mutate capacity? M41A pulse rifle? Or maybe just a more elegant weapon for a more civilized age? Probably none of those. In their press release (below), they obliquely refer to “human augmentation devices.” And we assume they don’t mean holographic display night vision ski goggles. Or do they? Your guess is as good as ours. What will the big reveal reveal? . . .

SilencerCo Weapons Research (SWR) was created with the intent of making hunting and shooting technologies accessible to everyone. For too long, certain technologies have been unnecessarily prohibited from commercial sale or priced out of the attainable range of most civilians.

SWR not only believes that you deserve better – we plan to show it.

SWR is designing human augmentation devices that are both affordable and capable in order to enhance the shooter’s ability to engage targets, positively identify prey in multiple spectrums, and reduce shooter signature.

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 10.18.31 AM

DO WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

Be the first to know how SWR will take you Beyond Human by visiting beyondhuman.com and signing up to be the first to receive product information and special SWR subscriber content.

The inaugural SilencerCo Weapons Research product will be announced in less than a week, and by signing up at www.beyondhuman.com, you will have access to exclusive, behind-the-scenes information from our launch event in Key West, FL. Not to mention you’ll get a limited-edition SWR t-shirt for half price. Win-win.

comments

1. avatar Grindstone says:

Obligatory “phased plasma rifle in 40watt range” reference.

1. avatar MP says:

Hey, just what you see, pal!

2. avatar Mark Lee says:

Maybe an electronic scope that transmits to a heads-up display in some new goggles? I saw here a number of weeks ago about a scope that transmits to your cellphone, so if it is this kind of setup then it is an extension of the same concept.

I once sold a reverberating carbonizer with mutate capacity to an unlicensed cephalopoid. Hey, he passed his background check.

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

I agree, he looked alright to me.

4. avatar SixEightSays says:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I don’t know what it is, but I already want one.

5. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Im guessing some type of blue tooth HUD in the goggles that goes to a nightvision or heatvision camera attached to the scope.

6. avatar NDS says:

They had me at half price T-shirt. It’s too bad more companies don’t take advantage of the “swag” factor – silly as it sounds, it can really build brand loyalty. Look at Larue and Noveske; it’s true they build great rifles but they have a dedicated customer base that will never buy a $3k+ build from them.

7. avatar Grant in IN says:

Zaniest guess I can think of is they are partnering with Oculus.

8. avatar Simon says:

Did they buy out TrackingPoint?

9. avatar Chadwick P. says:

If it is head mount night vision or thermal then sign me up for the affordable part. Sub $1k for either would be killer.

1. avatar Kapeltam says:

Sub $1k for thermal would be sweet. Current pricing I’ve seen has them running over $2000.

10. avatar DrewR55 says:

Give me a quality silencer with a street price of two hundred or less and I’d call that revolutionary. That’ll drive the market crazy. Heck, if they could offer their version of the Gemtech Multi-Mount for two bills then I’d buy several.

The more they can reduce the price of silencers the more people will jump into to owning one.

1. avatar Mark N. says:

Since they are so cheap in New Zealand, I have to believe that the price has a lot to do the exclusivity due to government regulation has a lot to do with the price.

11. avatar barnbwt says:

“Human augmentation devices?” What is this, Dues Ex, or something? Way to make whatever cool, over-hyped gadget you’re hocking sound sinister. Next you’ll say the surgery to install it is so painless “it’s no wonder you’re number one”

1. avatar WedelJ says:

“Human augmentation device” is a big word that means “tool”, as in anything that allows a person to do more than they could without it. (see: guns, knives, hammers, rocks, etc.)

12. avatar dlj95118 says:

At 0:54, you can see dual lenses on the shooter’s face. I’m guessing 3D, augmented-vision googles.

13. avatar 0351 says:

Also I’m fairly certain that I saw someone turn on active cloaking… Neat video and all but unless you actually *have* active cloaking, that’s just a tease. On the other hand, if you do… You can have my house.

14. avatar Mark N. says:

Whatever it is, it will be illegal in California.

15. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

(Later)

Silencer Co has announced they must sell 1 million pre-orders to turn a profit on their latest device. SilencerCo CEO cited increased advertising costs, and the secondary market, as factors.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

How do they expect to sell any preorders if they don’t tell us WTF it is or how much it costs?

16. avatar Kaveman atx says:

Uhhhh…. little too luciferian for my taste….. transhumanism, weapons, riches, etc.

17. avatar Libertarian says:

Under 640×480 @30 (better 60 fps) thermal cam”s suckt at pixelmash and lag and if you got that the price (5500 dollar + more as an transferable mac10 in acp45) suckt.
    Hope some times in the future it got more mainstream.

18. avatar Chief Master says:

I’m going for the cloaking device, personally.

19. avatar Mike says:

Callahan Full-Bore AutoLock. I call her Vera.