Quote of the Day: Placing Blame Where It Belongs Edition

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 1.58.59 PM 1

“When it comes to gun grabbing and gun control, I always like to make the point that…when my uncle Jimmy was murdered point blank, never once for a second did my family even consider…promoting stricter gun laws. I make the joke that we went after the criminal, we didn’t put the gun in jail.” – Kelly Carlson [click image above to view video]

[h/t WS]

comments

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

We shouldn’t blame beer for all the low-speed, high-drag, tactical beer bellies either.

1. avatar jonwaynetaylor says:

Dude, that’s my tactical reserve!

2. avatar Ray says:

Just as word processors do not commit plagiarism or libel. BTW, get ready for the concerted mission in Hollywood to make sure she never works again.

Ray

2. avatar Templar says:

Nip tuck gave me such a huge crush on her. The fact she can handle a rifle makes it so much better. <3

3. avatar Bob in Washington says:

Didn’t know who she was but am a fan now. She refused to be a victim. Smart girl Kelly.

4. avatar Bill Kohnke says:

“No Me Saques Sin Razon; No Me Enbaines Sin Honor.”
    (Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor)

A code to live by, or die trying.

5. avatar Another Robert says:

Never heard of her, but that means exactly nothing since I don’t go to movies and don’t own a TV. I hope she’s had a good career up til now because I suspect it’s headed for a nose dive.

6. avatar Templar says:

She was supposed to only be in the pilot of the show nip/tuck but her character was so well received they made her a major part of the show

7. avatar IN Ken says:

Her character’s name in Nip/Tuck was Kimber. Very fitting.

8. avatar NYC2AZ says:

Gun jail… Hmmmm, the better name for “gun buybacks”? Followed by the gun death penalty when the guns are melted down or turned into “art” pieces. That actually captures the logic gap between pro and anti quite well.

9. avatar Marcus (Aurelius) Payne says:

Awesome! I wonder if she didn’t ruin her career with this.

10. avatar WS in SC says:

Personally, I think this was the best statement in her interview:

“Owning a firearm…was life changing for me because women for sure, but even men too can be in a very, very vulnerable position with no options if you have intruders or any scenario where you’re being dominated physically,” Carlson told FOX411. “[A firearm] is the only equalizer you have.”

11. avatar scooter says:

Awesome sauce.

12. avatar Gunr says:

I love that new slogan, or saying, “Put the criminal in jail, not the gun” TTAG should adopt it for their motto!

13. avatar Snug says:

Brains and beauty! Just to think she comes from that socialist state Minnesota. Maybe there is still hope!

14. avatar Silver says:

You mean there was a time when it was the norm to place responsibility on a person and not demand that a free nation utterly destroy its core principles as a kneejerk emotional response to isolated incidents? When was this glorious golden age?