BREAKING: Reports of Another Washington Navy Yard Shooting, Facility on Lockdown

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 7.44.05 AM

As you’ll probably remember, a man with a shotgun shot 12 people (killing four) at the Washington Navy Yard almost two years ago. The Yard is on lockdown again this morning with reports of shots fired. Like initial accounts in 2013, wusa9.com is relaying reports (live video at the link) of two shooters involved. A similar report turned out to be false two years ago. As always in these situations, what’s actually happening will be revealed in the fullness of time – and it will likely be significantly different than what’s going out over the airwaves now. Watch this space. UPDATE: from wusa9.com – 9:20: Metropolitan Police Department source tells Garrett Haake no shots were ever fired. Initial indications are that loud noises frightened someone.

comments

1. avatar AJ says:

current fox news states no shooter found, no casualties (so far)

Wonder what security improvements were made since the previous shooting

1. avatar blahpony says:

A bigger “No Guns” sign.

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

They also added the word “PLEASE” in all caps, red and bold with Spanish and Arabic translations

2. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

Now that’s funny. Well played, both of you.

2. What is the tactical advantage to gridlocking 500 police, military and rescue vehicles?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“What is the tactical advantage to gridlocking 500 police, military and rescue vehicles?”

The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

Now they know how they’ll react…

1. That’s my point, but I was thinking from law enforcement standpoint.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

There are going to be more attacks.

*If* it comes from an organization such as ISL(ISIS), they will learn and apply what they learn toward future attacks.

Quite frankly, I’d hate to be in LE right now.

2. I wouldn’t want to be a cop either but not because of terrorists threats. I couldn’t stomach the progressive bureaucracy. But if I were a cop and I heard 20+ responders were already on scene, I would hold back and patrol my beat. Remember the 50 or so Compton cops chasing the bank robbers and then shooting 300 rounds into a vehicle containing hostages? Blues Brothers was a spoof of cops but now that seems to be SOP.

2. avatar Dustin says:

Their arrogance and over-confidence… It’s a tactical, no, strategic advantage; for any aggressor with an IQ above 60…

3. avatar Don says:

It is a tense fustercluck on the beltway the past few days leading up to July 4th.

4. You think ISIS SWATted the Navy yard to see the reaction?
    Diversion?
    I think about 300 of those officers need to go back to their posts.

1. avatar neiowa says:

Think of the loss to DC area donut shops. Couldn’t wait until after 9am.

I’d guess some pogue dropped his briefcase and startled the sheep.

5. avatar AllAmerican says:

And yet our military members are still barred from 2A rights. Disgusting when you think about our military being told to lock down and shelter in place unarmed like a bunch of lambs awaiting slaughter.

1. avatar PeterZ in West Tennessee says:

Yes, and so are all of us civilian employees with our state HCP. Can’t even keep it in the car trunk and tool up after leaving the gate.

2. avatar Glenn says:

Lambs to slaughter is exactly right.

I used to work for a certain part of fed govt.
      The concept of a SIP scared me.
      SIP’s, unless they are heavily barricaded, are nothing but
      KILL ZONES.
      Having so many potential targets all bottled up in a location
      they can’t get out is exactly like they say,
      “shooting fish in a barrel”.
      Who ever cam up with the idea of SIP, knew nothing about
      Physical Security.

6. avatar JMAC says:

Hoax. Looks like it all started with a tweet/email, how appropriate.

The news media has to be super bummed and kicking their desks they cant run with this story now. Pretty sure they’ll still run a “History of Gun Massacres” piece or something to keep the momentum.

1. avatar FedUp says:

Well, at least we were able to teach potential miscreants how to put 500 cops out of service for one morning.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Just imagine if 3 of those calls came in at once…

And then the actual target is attacked.

2. avatar bob says:

#OMG I heard a noise!
      #It must be #Gunz!!
      #I’m freakin out!

7. avatar Shire-man says:

Is it funny or sad that a military base can be attacked as a soft target?
    Base full of soldiers and military hardware is easier to hit than a Walmart in Texas.

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

John Walker said that K=Mart has better security than the Navy.

8. avatar Anaxis says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are similar false alarms at other federal/military facilities around the country, today & tomorrow.

9. avatar Ryan says:

Someone was frightened by loud sounds? I’ve been hearing loud sounds for about the last week all around my house. Usually in the evening. I assumed it was fireworks what with it being so close to July 4th. I guess i should’ve called 911.

10. avatar General Zod says:

Pearls clutched at Washington Navy Yard today. Film at eleven.

11. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

That’s some rollercoaster of emotions for D.C. gungrabbers. Elation at 8:00 a.m. when the incident is anounced, followed by deflation at 9:20 a.m. when it’s announced there was no actual incident.

I always picture Shannon & Co. sleeping with their blood dancing shoes right beside their beds, ready to be leapt into at a moment’s notice, like fireman’s boots down at the station.

Ohhh get down, turn around, go to town, boot scootin’ gunsploitation!

1. “Blood dancing shoes”?
      Do they click their heels and repeat:
      There’s no guns at home. There’s no guns at home. There’s no guns at home.

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

The slippers are ruby red. Bloomberg is the emerald green city magical wizard.

1. avatar Stinkeye says:

I thought Bloomberg was king of the Munchkins.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

Probably a closet Queen, Stinkeye…

12. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Initial indications are that loud noises frightened someone. The Popcorn in the ELF microwave told people to panic. The neighbor’s dog told people to call 911.

13. avatar Billy the crib says:

Well they should definitely bad loud noises.

The media are crazy rabid for a story. Theyll report on a speculation of a story.

14. avatar SonOfDad says:

Ban loud noises!

15. avatar Calvin says:

From the linked article:
    11:21 a.m.: D.C. police tweet out: “The Mayor’s Office has counseling resources for Navy Yard staff and residents re: today’s events. Call (866) 962-5048 or (888) 7WE-HELP.”

Wut? I don’t know to laugh or cry. People are going to get counseling for … not get shot?

16. avatar Coffee Addict says:

the easily spooked sheep are going to lose their cheese on July 4th….

17. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Golly I’ve had the news on all morning and didn’t even hear the rumor of gunfire…pathetic. And my church is a harder target than these idiots…be safe in the dark with very loud explosions happening nearby-hope nothing bad happens folks…

18. Fox news keeps repeating that 12 people were killed at the last Navy yard shooting. This article says 12 shot, 4 killed. I don’t feel like researching the truth. Just pointing out someone is wrong.

1. avatar Richard in WA says:

Wiki says 15 shot, 12 of them fatally.

19. avatar GreatScott says:

“Initial indications are that loud noises frightened someone”

Hey libby sheep – BOOOO!

hahahahaha

20. avatar Dustin says:

Better spray-paint a shirt red so you can wave it…