Quote of the Day: No Problem, Mon Edition

Homemade Jamaica gun (courtesy jamaicaobserver.com)

“We are urging members of the public to desist from engaging the police in gun battles and to surrender peacefully when confronted by the police.” – Jamaican police media spokesperson quoted in Police seize 8 illegal guns, assorted ammo [via jamaicaobserver.com]

comments

1. avatar ShaunL. says:

???? An actual human thought saying this made sense???

2. avatar Red In Texas says:

The derp is strong in this one.

3. avatar Will P. says:

Please also surrender all contraband, and have yourself handcuffed on the jailhouse steps. We will give you a cookie if you comply. Thank you
    Sincerely,
    The idiots in charge

4. avatar KingSarc48625 says:

I have the greatest mental picture of this guy shaking his finger at some thugs shooting at him while saying ”You are being very rude firing those bullets at me. Please surrender mkay?” Then he turns around with a smirk and says ”I sure gave them a scolding!”

5. avatar gbo says:

The best part is the inclusion of ammo as ‘additional’ evidence or contraband. Just think, if ‘Putty West’ would have only had the Taurus 9mm pistol, but not the (shocking) 14 rounds of 9mm ammo, he would have been much less of a criminal! I say he was 4 rounds short…..

6. avatar Smoke Jensen says:

Does any one know if the weapon pictured above has a CAD file? I’d like to print me a couple of those in preparation for Jan. 1st 2016. 🙂
    Gonna need lots of clipazines for them.

1. avatar Chris. says:

Local hardware store — aisle 3 & 7.

1. avatar Smoke Jensen says:

I’m not so sure Chris. I highly doubt they have that customized wrapping.

1. avatar JWM says:

Tape Aisle.

2. avatar Gunr says:

Plumbing section.

7. avatar PeterZ in West Tennessee says:

The comments on the story in the Jamaican paper boil down to “Kill them all and let God sort it out.”

8. avatar Rusty Chains says:

That “gun” and the lecture are the perfect examples of the folly of the British depending on tradition and the government to protect their rights. If they had a written constitution they and the rest of the Common Wealth might still have rights beyond what their own government allows them to have.

The adult real world example of the old child’s game “Mother, may I.”

1. avatar neiowa says:

The Brit Isles finally had their own revolution over the last few decades. Not working out all that well as the welfare yobbs decided they loved eurp style marxist progressivism. Likely to far gone. Scotland certain appears so.

9. avatar Sean in Tampa says:

Is that the new Remington pistol?

1. avatar Swarf says:

It probably works, so… no.

10. avatar Bob108 says:

He’s got to know that real criminals will not comply, so who is he directing this at? I know little about Jamaica, but from this statement, I am inclined to believe that there is an issue with Jamaica’s criminal justice system that people would rather fight it out than be subject to it.

1. avatar Yee says:

Implying only “criminal” resist against government thugs, or the quaint notion that cops only go after “bad guys”.

11. avatar Shire-man says:

More and more I believe retardation is the norm. From very high and powerful stations of society we get statements like this regularly. Chiefs, mayors, senators, presidents, CEO’s. I estimate currently 40% of all of them are full on retards.

Either that or they are pod people from another planet.

1. avatar Will P. says:

I just had a mental image of the Coneheads going “Put down your weapons now humans, you will comply.”

12. avatar PeterW says:

They sell Glocks in Jamaica?

13. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Maybe they trade pot for guns tooooo…

14. What is that gun supposed to be?

Were the crim that made this thing watching mad max?

15. avatar bontai Joe says:

Vacation places to for me to safely go with my family:
    1. Jamaica– NOPE
    10. South America– NOPE
    11. Central America– NOPE
    12. Antarctica– maybe
    13. Central Asia– NOPE
    14. Australia– NOPE
    15. United Kingdom– NOPE

Pretty much leaves me with about half the United States, and some of the English speaking portions of Canada. I guess I’ll stay home.

1. avatar JWM says:

Is Antarctica shall issue?

1. avatar ShaunL. says:

Antarctica is too cold for the cops to care.

1. avatar Gunr says:

Do penguins carry?

2. avatar JohnF says:

You’d go to Canada, but not the UK or Australia? From a stupid police, anti-gun, anti-self-defense perspective, all three are about same-same to me.

1. avatar LordGopu says:

Hey don’t lump Canada in with Australia or Britain. We can actually get most guns here and there are loopholes around some of the mag restrictions. Also most of our guns are not registered.

And you CAN defend yourself and expect to get off though depending on where you live it may require a court case (the charges you’ll be charged with are more likely related to safe storage laws and not self defense itself).

Don’t engage the police? WTF? I wouldn’t engage my late grandmother with that piece of home-made crap.

I made better zip guns than that when I was twelve.

17. avatar JohnF says:

Given that this is Jamaica we’re talking about, it’s not a stretch to imagine this police spokesperson got seriously toked up on some ganja before meeting the press.

1. avatar Yee says:

American cops could use some, it might tone down their violent psychopathy.

18. avatar Gunr says:

Items needed to make look a like pistol:

1. Short length of pipe. No PVC
    Size depending on caliber selected.
    2. Wood for handle
    Use balsa wood for one time use.
    3. 26 rolls of black electrical tape
    May need more fore calibers larger than 45-70
    4. pin for firing
    Scripto may work????
    5. pack of rubber bands for firing pin.
    If not handy, cut end bands off of condoms.
    6. Hammer
    Ball peen, or framing hammer
    7. Safety glasses
    At least one lens should be present.
    8. Life insurance policy.
    Should be in force.

19. avatar RockThisTown says:

Surrender peacefully? Why are the Jamaican police stealing lines from Buzz Cason & Tony Moon? They should be ashamed of themselves.

20. avatar Jordan says:

hahahahahaha, oh wait. You were serious. Let me laugh harder. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

21. avatar gsnyder says:

I have to assume there is a feeling of need to have gun battles with the police. If the picture is what they have for handguns, I’d say a great number of people free oppressed.