Celebrities And the Usual Suspects Wore Orange for Gun Control. Did Anyone Else?

Katie Kouric wears orange for GVAD (courtesy Twitter)

Despite producing a video of orange wearing anti-gunners before the Gun Violence Action Day, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America’s GVAD appears to have been yet another a damp squib. There are plenty of photos of sanctimonious celebrities wearing orange circulating on Twitter and Facebook. Barack Obama tweeted his support (though failing to sport MDA’s gang colors). But I can’t find a plethora of pics of “ordinary folks” wearing orange to mark GVAD and “start a national conversation on guns.” Group shots? Not a lot. Well there is this . . .

NY Mets support Gun Violence Action Day (courtesy Twitter)

INSERT BASEBALL JOKE HERE. Here’s the only other large assembly of [professional] orange-wearing GVAD supporters I could find.

House Democrats wearing orange (courtesy Twitter)

“Bipartisan Report ‏@Bipartisanism 18h18 hours ago
All @HouseDemocrats are #WearingOrange because one of Americas political parties cares about children being killed.”

Shannon Watts (courtesy Twitter)

Again, most of the pro-gun control orange-infused images swirling around the ‘Net show famous folk. (Or infamous anti-gunners like the head of MDA, Shannon Watts.) And there was plenty of blow-back from the pro-gun side: images of prisoners wearing orange, hunters wearing orange and the orange-clad Christians being beheaded by ISIS on the beach.

I reckon GVAD was an epic fail, in its own small way. Did you see anyone wearing orange for GVAD?

comments

1. avatar actionphysicalman says:

Only that dog I mentioned yesterday. She always wears an orange collar though, so I am not sure that she was making a political statement. Shannon sure looks like one of those Japanese robot doppelgangers in that picture.

1. avatar Dino1791 says:

Yeah she lept the uncanny valley in a single bound.

1. avatar John L. says:

Only made it halfway across.

Stepford much, MDA?

2. avatar Second Amendment says:

Masahiro Mori reference FTW!

2. avatar Matt in SC says:

She looks like Adam Lanza.

1. avatar Upstate New Yorker says:

1. avatar PeterC says:

Weird. She has shark eyes.

2. avatar Ryan says:

Looks like one eye is fishing while the other’s cutting bait.

2. avatar Silver says:

Gun grabbers are just one stressful day away from being serial killers.

3. avatar William Burke says:

And that looks RED to me, at least based on everything else that’s supposed to be orange actually looking orange. Doesn’t Bloombooger pay her enough to go buy something actually orange?

2. avatar Parnell says:

Here in anti-gun New Jersey I went all day without seeing one orange-clad twit.

1. avatar notalima says:

Same here in Vegas. And I was on the lookout.

I figured since I am surrounded by progressive loons all day long I’d at least have the chance to brace one. No such luck.

2. avatar JasonM says:

I saw a bunch here in Seattle…they were all around the construction on Mercer.

I didn’t see any at the gun range for last night’s IDPA match.

3. avatar Roscoe says:

There was this one small organized gang of probationers picking up trash alongside the 54 in San Diego County. Do they count?

(The detention officer wasn’t going with the program, though.)

3. avatar Kelly in GA says:

No, and I made sure to wear my DOT green shirts today and yesterday rather than my orange ones.

1. avatar FedUp says:

In Ireland, when the Catholics started wearing green on March 17, the Protestants started wearing orange. Glad to see you do the reverse, even if it’s dayglow chartreuse.

4. avatar Brentondadams says:

I have this thing called a job. A lot of Americans have one. Didn’t see anyone in orange except a caltrans road crew….

Keep up the good work gun grabbers.

5. avatar Chip Bennett says:

Apparently, there were about a dozen orange-clad Bullying Mommies at Monument Circle in Indianapolis yesterday.

*yawn*

1. avatar Chip Bennett says:

1. avatar vv ind says:

Oh yeh, schools out for the summer. There’ll be 70% more people at the MDA rallies through August.
        “Just how I wanna spend my summer mom, thanks”

1. avatar Phil LA says:

Can you imagine growing up with one of those C’s as your mother? I’m sure they take helicopter parenting to new heights.

Raising the next generation of little girls.

2. avatar Silver says:

Kids are dragged to these events, then go home and play Call of Duty. And given the way kids rebel, I wouldn’t count them out of being future gun rights supporters.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Oh, I forgot to mention: those dozen were comprised of 1/3 Bullying Mommies, and 2/3 human-shield kids.”

Those kids were reminded who feeds them at home…

(Look! A new pic for Dirk’s ‘special’ folder…)

1. avatar dirk diggler says:

New screen saver

6. avatar JFrame says:

We have already given too much air time on the dopes already. We gave them more advertisement than all the other outlets combined.

1. avatar Tim Going says:

Unfortunately not. There were a half dozen articles on Yahoo yesterday about MDA and celebrities wearing orange. We can mock them, but they are media darlings.

1. avatar Another Robert says:

Really? I spent a good portion of yesterday on Yahoo and I didn’t see any. Didn’t notice anything on the MSN portal either, but I didn’t look very hard.

2. avatar SpeleoFool says:

When I searched for “wearing orange phoenix” yesterday I found one article about GVAD and everything else was about Los Suns jerseys.

None of my friends in anti-gun territory saw any orange and I sure didn’t see anyone in the Phoenix east valley. Furthermore, not one person I talked to (gun folks included) knew yesterday was supposed to be anything special. I even have a friend who actively campaigned for the Democratic Party here in a AZ last election cycle and *he* liked my shirt + OC (and made no comment of being aware of GVAD).

It seems to me that Everytown and friends have become an oblivious echo chamber. They’ve repeated the lie that people care about their message so many times that *they* believe it. Other than TTAG and the people they pay to care nobody seems to be paying them any mind.

7. avatar Shane Nishibun says:

I’m in AL and I saw a lot of people wearing orange. (Not just Auburn fans, either.) Weird…

1. avatar Boxilar says:

Where in Bama? I’m up in North West Alabama, and I didn’t see any folks in Orange, except for a Tennessee fan and two Auburn fans at work.

1. avatar Phil LA says:

Eff both of them. RTMF!

2. avatar BigBoy says:

Were they working on the roads? Doing “hard labor”?

8. avatar Ken says:

The only thing I did was to make sure nothing I wore had any orange on it.

1. avatar Tile floor says:

Yeeeahhh, I forgot about it and I accidentally wore orange. But I also wore a gun and went to a gun store to buy an optic for my scary black “assault gun” so I don’t really feel too bad

9. avatar Shire-man says:

Nope. I didnt run into anyone who knew it was even a thing. Most ordinary people have no clue who Watts even is or that groups like hers exist at all.

10. avatar joe-in-NC says:

A very ugly tie that had some orange by Greg Fishel wral-tv 5 Raleigh NC

11. avatar Shandower says:

I like that tweet. “#WearingOrange because #NRA said nat’l gun violence awareness day is ‘pointless'”

They think our made up day, which happens to also be (according to the collection at http://nationaldaycalendar.com/calendar-at-a-glance/june/ )
    – National Rotisserie Chicken Day
    – National Rocky Road Day
    – National Bubba Day
    – National Leave the Office Early Day
    is pointless? LETS ALL WEAR ORANGE, BECAUSE… uh… ORANGE! THAT’LL SHOW THOSE NRA BABY KILLERS! WONT THEY BE SORRY! JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE!

1. avatar Richard in WA says:

Shoot dang. How did I miss National Rotisserie Chicken Day?

1. avatar Boxilar says:

I don’t know, but Friday is National Donut Day. Krispy Kreme is doing a buy one get one free deal on a dozen donuts.

12. avatar M. Mitchell Marmel says:

I wore blue, myself, the opposite of orange on the ol’ color wheel… 🙂

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Glad I’m not the only one who chose blue for that reason!

13. avatar Gary McClenny says:

This one party that cares about children—-isn’t this the same party that supports the killing of millions of unborn children every year? Someone correct me if I am wrong. The same party that opposes the death penalty for murderers but would rather turn them back onto the streets because of overcrowding of the prisons system? That party?????

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

I’ll defend that political party, after all they … er, uh (scratches head) … well there was that one time when, um … nope, I got nothing.

2. avatar Phil LA says:

And boom goes the dynamite!

14. avatar Chip in Florida says:

Sorry for the derail but that picture of Mrs Watts is….. is….. I don’t know….

I understand its a selfie and it looks like she might be in her closet or something. But why does she look so skinny? I mean like unwell kind of skinny? Like so skinny her body is eating her brain because her eyes don’t even point in the same direction….. I’m serious… is she unwell?

1. avatar Rokurota says:

Plus, that shirt is vermillion, not orange. Why do you hate National Gun Violence Awareness Day, Shannon?

2. avatar Red In Texas says:

Looks like one of the aliens from Close Encounters.

3. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

Dirk is perplexed by the picture. Is it a subliminal “come hither” msg directed towards me? Why not a full body pose in front of a mirror? Is there more to the picture that I don’t see?

1. avatar Roscoe says:

Dude, Shannon wants you, she needs you, gotta have it now…”come hither”.

It’s in her eyes.

4. avatar 7.62x54r says:

Can’t you yourself look at those pix before you post them? Why would you do that?

1. avatar Phil LA says:

I’m sure she did look at the pictures first. This was the best one she had. I guess that’s what happens when the professional photographer is late.

5. avatar Royal Tony says:

Maybe the Mets were giving away a Shannon Watts bobble head yesterday? Is that what it is?

1. avatar dirk diggler says:

Cannot wait for them to hit ebay

6. avatar doesky2 says:

It is the default look for people who are self-infected with an all-consuming 24/7 leftist hatred and bile.

From Prager……Why Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals

7. avatar Jus Bill says:

Doing drugs will do that to ya…

15. avatar jim says:

I just realized my New Balance shoes have orange trim. Guess I need to hit the range to compensate.

16. avatar john thomas says:

Ttag is the only place I’ve heard anything about it.

17. I sported an orange holster…

18. avatar Clark45 says:

Not a single person that I saw yesterday was wearing orange. Asked my wife if she saw any, ‘cuz she was out & about in Chiraq burbs. Nada.

I declare today to be “Wear blue jeans if you support the 2nd Amendment Day.” I’m certain we will see way more support, and it will really mean something, right? [/sarc]

19. avatar Model66 says:

I saw an organized group of individuals wearing orange on the side of a road. They were wearing matching outfits, gloves, and bags. Some had sticks. It looked like they were searching around in the dirt and weeds. Must’ve been looking for ghost guns.

1. avatar vv ind says:

Those people in orange thatvyou saw were ACTUALLY doing something worth while

20. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

As if I didn’t have enough reasons to root against the Mets.

1. avatar dph says:

Just guessing, but I wonder if they were given a choice about being in that picture?

1. avatar Hannibal says:

There’s always a choice.

1. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

Could have been duped. One of the Met’s colors is orange.

21. avatar Another Robert says:

Well, I just came here from one of yesterday’s threads about Dems introducing another piece of, ahhh, gun-control legislation. And I see that “one party cares ” about controlling guns “for the children” (the ones that make it out of the womb without being vivisected, that is). So where are our “no difference between the parties” people? Where was that photo taken, anyway? Those aren’t all the Dem members of the US House of Representatives surely.

22. avatar Another Robert says:

OK, I just went to the Yahoo homepage and scanned it, not a word about guns and orange. About a half-dozen stories about “Caitlyn” and the obligatory Kim Kardashian contribution tho…I think this first outing for NGVAD was a definite dud. Anybody here watch their local news? I don’t even have a TV, but I will bet the ranch that there was nothing about it here in the Piney Woods.

23. avatar Jimmyjames says:

the only time I wear orange is into and out of the woods because my state law says I have to and its probably a good idea in a self preservation kind of way. Other than that I leave it to the Clemson fans.

24. avatar Paelorian says:

If I was on the Mets, I’d have shown up to the shoot wearing Multicam and an empty holster. Maybe with an orange rubber or plastic training gun.

25. avatar vv ind says:

I had a bit of time to kill yesterday afternoon, I spent about an hour at a certain large chain bookstore. It was my biennial-ish trip. I saw nary a soul in orange BUT I was amazed, nay, shocked! At how many people visit the gun section of the magazine racks. It was very heartening to say the least! As was the amount of shelf space the store now gives to such publications.

26. avatar TheSleeperHasAwakened says:

Shannon Watts always looks cross-eyed to me…she is not a looker by any stretch!

1. avatar Hey says:

I’d bang Herr.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

Herr who, mein Freund?

27. avatar Kevin says:

We had a lot of people wearing orange shirts yesterday. Of course, they’re all employed at Whataburger! LOL

1. avatar the ruester says:

Mmmmmmm… patty melt….

28. avatar Taylor TX says:

Im really getting this cult of personality vibe coming from Shannon lately.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Im really getting this cult of personality vibe coming from Shannon lately.”

Like the ‘Heaven’s Gate’ death cult?

Holy Crap! Someone mirrored their 1997 web page!

29. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

I was at our local Home Depot and they were ALL wearing orange! Even the signage was orange!

That’s it. I’m shopping at Lowes from now on.

I don’t even want to mention what was going on down at Minute Maid Park, where the Astros play.

30. avatar C.Rogers says:

Is that Katie Couric in that top picture?
    I thought she was dead…no wait, that was just her career.

1. avatar Phil LA says:

Ha!

31. avatar Yellow Devil says:

Unless it’s Halloween, sporting orange looks like you are trying to emulate prison garb.

32. avatar TX Gungal says:

Briefly flashed on Roswell

33. avatar MattInTN says:

I saw orange all over the place. I work for the University of Tennessee (also known as the correct UT) so I don’t think it was about gun control.

34. avatar Pillager1900 says:

I almost wore an orange shirt yesterday, but then I check this blog and realized it would be a mistake. I hate it when the left controls my since of fashion. It is so anti-American.

35. avatar Ray says:

Katie Couric is a famed BITCH to work for and an IGNORANT twat on guns. Remember the D.C. Sniper case? A firearms expert (real one) was asked to explain the basic characteristics of a rifle. He explained that the rifled barrel which replaced the smoothbore has tiny spiral grooves to spin the bullet in flight for greater accuray and effective range. Then the mindless midget asked in a shocked tone “So it’s the SPIRALS that make it so deadly?” I wish I was kidding.

36. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Saw one middle-aged black man wearing an obvious anti-gun rights shirt-working at Family Dollar for minimum wage…wanted to yell at him but it was obvious he needs more help than I can provide. ThereWAS a bit of coverage in Chiraq-but it was pretty scant. FAIL…

37. avatar tdiinva says:

Saw two probables at Tysons Corner Mall in NOVA. And a charitable possible maybe on a guy running in an orange tee shirt except UVA’s colors are orange and blue. MDA choose it’s antigun color poorly. Orange is not a popular color so they couldn’t come up with a fake count of everyone wearing blue.

38. avatar mk10108 says:

Well I figured it out. Is it just me…Shannon eyes are not centered but angle inward….is she an alien or defective?

1. avatar dirk diggler says:

She is not defective. Just pre-owned in “as is” condition

39. avatar Gunr says:

I ate some cantaloup last night, spilled some on my shirt. Does that count?

40. avatar GenghisQuan says:

…is it just me, or is Shannon wearing red and black, not orange?

41. avatar styrgwillidar says:

Speaking of the orange clad victims of ISIS. If you see folks wearing an orange ribbon in SoCal, it’s church members showing solidarity with the Christians being persecuted by ISIS, not an anti-gun thing.

42. avatar Fuque says:

Drove by a park today..there were about 20 in orange with DOC stamped on their backs, they were picking up trash, raking up debris and emptying the trash..guarding them was an armed guy in olive drab making sure they didnt escape.. No doubt MDA supporters

43. avatar Bob108 says:

I agree that they would look good in orange jump suits…with the word “INMATE” and a number on it.

44. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

Not one sighting (Philly area). I was looking.

45. avatar Zachariah says:

Only Tennessee fans who had no idea their colors had been commandeered for this silly crusade. Oh, and one SJW friend I have on FB, but he’s an easy mark.

46. avatar William says:

I wore an orange holster. That count?

1. avatar Fuque says:

Stand for search, you rebel rouser, you.

47. avatar Lynne Roberts says:

Wow! how did I miss it?? Didn’t know! Darn it! Would have loved to get a few gals together and wear green and cc in front of the State House!

48. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

I wore a white shirt and open carried. I couldn’t be so lucky as to seen a group hens in orange.
    Good morning ladies. isn’t a LOVELY day!

49. This is the only orange I saw yesterday:
    Oh, I was wearing orange foam earplugs. Does that count?

All the prisoners at the ADX Florence SuperMax wore orange.

51. avatar Tom says:

I was all over the Orlando metro area running errands and shopping. Didnt see one single person wearing orange.

52. avatar Calvin says:

Walked around the Loop during lunch, didn’t see orange apparel representation above the normal baseline. Made-up day failed in Chicago. Supposedly it was picked to correspond with the anniversary of a local kid’s death. Double fail.

53. avatar Mark Lee says:

How counter-intuitively un-original. With the popularity of Orange is the New Black and fashionistas recommending the bright color to their fashion maven readers, the gun grabbers are co-opting a primary color as their own.

Time for the shaming game to turn this on themselves. We must do more to stress the fact that these subhumans are only making the problem worse by creating criminal-friendly environments where they are guaranteed to be safe from an all-volunteer first responder force comprised of people who take their personal safety seriously. Another point to stress is the “when seconds count … the police are only 30 minutes away” aspect. When a superficial gun grabber hears a few choice words of logic, it starts to burn a hole in their handlers’ logic. Let it burn, baby!

54. avatar Toasty says:

Jeez. Gun control advocates and the New York Mets working together… Talk about doomed from the start.

55. avatar Mark Whitley says:

Hey they’re all TN Vol fans! They’re just confused!
    Go Big Orange! LMAO

56. avatar gjohn says:

If anyone needs to seek out a mental health professional is Shannon Watts..She is way beyond delusional.

1. avatar dirk diggler says:

Bet she can boil a bunny on the stove with the best of them

57. avatar 688smag says:

Damn it! I used to like Jason Bateman.

58. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Prisoners wearing orange do support gun control!

59. avatar Jon says:

I saw a prison bus full of people supporting anti rights day.

60. avatar Dave says:

Criminals don’t obey gun laws. This is common sense.

61. avatar Silver says:

I find it deliciously fitting how antis adopted the colors worn by prisoners and slaves, since they submit themselves to be slaves of the state. Also, another hollow PR stunt that actually accomplishes nothing. They walked around looking like the submissive subhumans they are for a single day. In the meantime, we win legislative victories.

Also, very nice of house Dems to once and for all show themselves to be the party in support of fascism. Any gun owner who still manages to fool themselves and vote Democrat is as much a traitor to this country as any other Dem.

I didn’t see any orange around here, except a man at work wearing an orange trimmed tie. I decided to test him by complimenting the tie and he replied, “This? I hate this thing, but I spilled lunch on my other one.” So, not an anti.

62. avatar Tietonian says:

I gave my friend hell for accidentally wearing an orange shirt. Shows just how well MDA got their message out…

63. avatar Automan says:

Saw a co-worker wearing a rubber orange bracelet; his wife is a Dem lobbyist in DC. Other than him, I saw nobody else.

64. avatar pres stone says:

yeah, every prisoner celebrated gun control as well. except the ones that HAVE guns in prison.