Duck Hunting Video Game Done Right

By Craig Raleigh via wideopenspaces.com

We’ve all wanted to do this. Some inner voice, the same one that gives us clarity and reason, seems to want to pick up our favorite shotgun, a few shells, and blast some infernal piece of electronics. Well, here’s a guy who’s doing just what we were thinking. Armed with live ammo, a couple of weird friends, and way too much money to spend, he pulls the trigger on a new type of sport . . .

Who is that guy? Is he your new hero or do you think he should have his shotgun taken away? It’s a good thing he didn’t aim at the guy with the goose decoy on his head, and c’mon, that cannot be a real cop!

Duck hunting just took on a whole new meaning, that’s for sure. Don’t be too hard on this guy because we’ve all had the same idea. I mean, remember all those model ships we use to blow up in the pool with firecrackers?

Okay, maybe that was just me.

comments

1. avatar Gunr says:

Was that a Scandinavian country, maybe Norway?? Like you said, some people just have too much money to blow………………away!

1. avatar JJVP says:

I’m game, if you supply the TV’s.

2. avatar SD3 says:

Hershken-fluhrgen ingelmaersk? Gedehgen bluegelsteinchen!

3. avatar Johannes says:

That is indeed Norway.

2. avatar Mark says:

This guy is my hero!! And I need to hit the lottery!! Soon!!!

3. avatar Ing says:

I have a 48″ Sanyo LCD TV that’s going to meet the very same fate soon. Not indoors, but out at my favorite plinking range.

Destroying dead appliances is one of the funnest things you can do with a firearm.

1. avatar Mark says:

That was my thought Ing. Collect up a bunch of old TV’s, a VCR and let her rip!!

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

take my advice and don’t use CRTs. i shot a 17in computer monitor once, and cleaning up the 40 lbs of broken glass was a HUGE pain. we even shot it on a tarp, cause we figured lots of glass. Still a PITA.

4. avatar Lucas D. says:

I’d bet the dog won’t be laughing at you if you miss in this game.

1. avatar KCK says:

Lucas,
      You are the first commenter to get it.
      But you need the red pistol, right

1. avatar Lucas D. says:

I keep it OG: Original Grey Zapper, boyo.

2. avatar David says:

Yeah, there needs to be a game where you just shoot that dog.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Yeah, there needs to be a game where you just shoot that dog.”

You sound like a candidate for your local police academy, David.

Oh, the game? It’s already out, it’s called ‘Dial 911’.

Sheesh.

1. avatar Scott says:

Calm down, the man was referencing “that” dog, which if you ever played duck hunt you would know as the most infuriating heckler of any Nintendo game.

He wasn’t saying make a game about shooting dogs in general. The joke clearly went over your head, so ease up on your indignation.

Sheesh.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

Ah! Never owned a Nintendo game…

I went from ‘Pong’ and Atari 2600 to uprights.

Then worked an upright arcade video route for a few years and completely burned out on video games. (Staying late at work and wailing away on ‘Star Castle’ and ‘Marble Madness’…and getting paid for it!)

My apologies on the misunderstanding… Please shoot the annoying dog. 🙂

3. avatar Anaxis says:

@ Geoff PR
          I grew up with an Atari as well, and I got burned out on video-games about the same time as when the console wars really started heating up. I still have my family’s Atari; from time to time I’ll fire it up, and those games are more fun for me than these hyper-realistic ones of today. I get a kick out of designers nowadays looking back to 8-bit games for inspiration.

Yumpin’ yiminy. That guy’s a quack.

6. avatar Patrick says:

Do it safely, don’t hurt anyone, and have fun. Seems fine to me.

7. avatar Raven says:

“Duck Hunting Video Game Done Right!”

Err, nope. Ruined by tv, giving me massive bezel trauma. For all that money spent, you’d think they’d have went with ultra thin bezel monitors. Or multi-projector projection with edge blending/screen warping capability. Then they could’ve had a wraparound, up to 360 degree screen for near perfect immersion. See military flight sims for reference. :p

Otherwise, still impressive.

1. avatar Raven says:

In case you didn’t get it.. /sarc

8. avatar KCK says:

Right brain Kids are so creative!

9. avatar Dave says:

Done right? Slugs?

10. avatar Anaxis says:

After 5 years stationed in Germany, and having spent almost every day of downtime visiting a new city/region/country…. I can honestly believe that’s a real cop. But it probably took months of requests & forms to get permission to make this video; not including what it takes to actually own a shotgun.
    After that hey, why not? I thought it was pretty funny. They don’t often get the opportunity like we do; to just tote our inoperable/uncooperative appliances to the closest disposal site, and blasting it to oblivion.

1. avatar pod says:

Note also how the cop gave the guy the ammunition. It’s practically like New York.

11. avatar Grumpy says:

Hmm, I don’ have any spare widescreen TV’s, but I do have a few laptops loaded with Windows 98, XP and such that might be a worthy stand in. All I need to do is fire them up and watch windows try to update itself…..

12. avatar jsallison says:

Went shooting with my dad at a local dump one time, took some potshots at a bathtub sitting on it’s side. Turned toward the sound of the ricochet, dad did the same and we were looking at each other. Made a silent agreement not to shoot cast iron bathtubs anymore. 😉

13. avatar Noella says:

No obstante, para estar sano es preciso proseguir una dieta equilibrada, que se consigue combinando los comestibles de forma eficaz
    para ingerir los nutrientes precisos según edad,
    sexo y nivel de actividad física.