Bond Arms Joins the 2015 Texas Gun Festival

Bond-Armed-derringer-600x338

(sponsored post)

Yet another Texas-based gun company will be exhibiting its guns at the 2015 Texas Firearms Festival on November 14 and 15 at Best of the West Shooting Sports in Liberty Hill, Texas (just NW of Austin): Bond Arms. Gordon Bond’s made quite a name for himself with his wide range of high-quality derringers (some with interchangeable barrels). We’re talking the Texas Defender, Texas Ranger, Bond Ranger, Bond Ranger II, Cowboy Defender, Century 2000, Mini 45, Girl Mini, Snake Slayer, Snake Slayer, Snake Slayer IV, USA Defender and Backup. Which is an excellent description of ALL of Bond Arms derringers . . .

They’re the perfect back-up or deep concealment firearm. Bond’s rep will help you find the perfect size, shape and caliber (there are LOADS of them) for your derringer needs and tastes. You can buy a Bond Arms derringer at the Sportsman’s Finest gun store tent. If you’re a Texas resident, take it home that day. If not, they’ll ship it. But you can’t do any of that without a ticket to the Festival. Click here to buy yours today, before prices rise and tix sell out. They will. My word is my bond. So to speak.

comments

1. avatar Art out West says:

Derringer’s really don’t appeal to me except as a fun novelty and perhaps a snake gun. (I’ve got nothing against fun gun “toys”, and have a few) They just don’t seem sufficiently smaller than a micro .380 or airweight snubby. I’d much rather have 5 rounds of .38 or 7 of .380, than 1 or 2 rounds of whatever in a derringer.

1. avatar Another Robert says:

Truthfully, I have to agree. Those Bond Arms guns are pretty sizeable, and very hefty. I like the heft myself, and they seem to be really solid, well-made guns. But it’s still only two shots (and single-action, to boot), and for the same or less money you can get well-made, just-as-concealable, easier-to-carry 5-or-better-shooters. Some of the Bond Arms pieces come with pretty nice-looking, leather cross-draw type holsters. Funny thing, I would rather buy one for open-carry than for “deep concealment”.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Those Bond Arms guns are pretty sizeable, and very hefty.”

That mass comes in handy taming the bite of the larger calibers Bond likes so much…

1. avatar Another Robert says:

I expect so. Like I say, I like heft myself. But it’s not the best element for deep concealment.

Pretty little toys. If they were sold in MA, I’d own a few. Unfortunately, they are not on the MA approved firearms roster.

1. avatar Another Robert says:

They are pretty, but as derringers go, they aren’t particularly little. Even the rimfires are pretty massive, so the barrel assemblies for different calibers can be interchanged on the same frame.

3. avatar ThomasR says:

I bought the Bond Derringer that can shoot the 45 long Colt/.410 shot shell as one of my back up guns to my regular OC 1911. I thought it would work as a snake gun out in the woods and as a coat pocket gun that would have more authority than a .380 of even a 9mm. If I had to shoot through the cloth of the pocket, I wouldn’t have to worry about the slide of the gun jamming. Plus, I like the history of the Derringer, I can be somewhat old school.

4. avatar jwtaylor says:

Carry one in my boot pretty much every day. 3″ .410. Absolutely love it. Classy, powerful, with a spectacular terminal effect. Just love love love this gun. JWT

5. avatar David says:

Can we do a breakdown on how single action derringers work kinda like how there was a vid on how burst shot worked? So you cock the gun once, fire, cock it again (same length of pull?) and fire out of the other barrel? Which barrel shoots first? Is it one of those deals where you cock it back a little and you are charged for one barrel and if you pull it back farther you get two? Staged trigger the same? You pull the trigger too hard and you get two shots? I am not buying one of these things just to figure it out.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

It varies. Example – The Hi Standard 2 barrel derringer uses what they call a ‘rotating firing pin’.

Cock, fire. The next trigger pull fires the other barrel. As for which barrel fires first, it’s the opposite of whatever barrel fired last.

On the NAA mini-revolver, it behaves like a single-action revolver.

2. avatar Another Robert says:

The ones I have dealt with have two firing pins. Full cock, fire, drives one pin in. Full cock again, and a plate on the hammer moves up or down, fire and the other pin is driven in. The one that was driven in is retracted when the hammer is cocked. At half-cock both pins will be in retracted status, trigger will not function. Full cock is a very long pull. Some really cheap ones have a “selector” on the hammer that you have to switch manually.

6. avatar Derek says:

How close are we getting to selling out on the tickets?

7. avatar Paul53 says:

Just can’t see the need for it.

8. avatar Bob in Washington says:

I liked it better when Kirsten Joy Weiss was advertising the festival.

1. avatar DekNgo says:

Me too, even though I didn’t see her at last year’s festival…

9. avatar Marach says:

Have to say, my Texas Defender in 45/410 has seen more that it’s fair share of action. Purchased it after moving to Nevada. The 38 shake shot just did not do the job. Have dispatched 4 rattlers since acquiring it. I plan on getting the 4 inch barrel this year.

10. avatar Dean Carpenter says:

Derringers. Eclipsed in technology and efficiency by modern designs yet somehow always comforting like your attractive aunt who when tucking you in always kissed you a little too long yet not long enough.

1. avatar DekNgo says:

“Comforting like your attractive aunt who when tucking you in always kissed you a little too long yet not long enough.”

Now that’s funny. Creepy, but funny.

11. avatar Red in Texas says:

Looks like this year is shaping up to be better than the last.

12. avatar LordGopu says:

The triggers are nice on the newer ones. There used to be complaints that it was really heavy back in the day but they redesigned the trigger a few years ago. I find it easier to pull than DA on my p226. Possibly even the single action.

13. avatar Joe T says:

Looking more and more exciting by the day, cant wait till Nov