Who Thought Giving a 10 Year Old a Full Auto AK-47 Was a Good Idea?

I’ve got no problem giving machine guns to kids. I’ve been on a range before where small children were very responsibly and very safely enjoying some full auto firearms (an H&K MP7A1, FYI), but what we see here is very different. Even for adults, machine guns can be difficult to control and need close supervision when firing them for the first time. In this case, someone thought it would be a grand idea to hand a full auto AK-47 to a 10 year old, not show them how to properly hold it, and filmed the whole thing. It was… cringey. The person filming the whole scene barely escaped perforation, which is either lucky or unfortunate depending on how you see things.

comments

1. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

parent of the year award?…no?

2. avatar Andy says:

Not gonna lie, I puckered up a good bit on that. Wasn’t expecting her to actually hold on to it.

1. avatar DM says:

You were not the only one.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Holy cow. I ducked!

1. avatar jim says:

So did I. Twice.

2. avatar CJ Minnesota says:

And it was an involuntary reaction, even though just looking at the still image it was pretty easy to predict what was going to happen…

3. avatar Gs650g says:

They are inside what doesn’t look like a range. I bet it had blanks loaded.

1. avatar Emfourty Gasmask says:

Pretty positive that’s the middle east somewhere

1. avatar Noishkel says:

Probably. Plus when you go look at the injury and death statistics at full auto ranges you’ll see that they’re the most extreme outliers. No reputable public range is just going to let a child that young and that small handle a AK by herself.

1. avatar BlueBronco says:

. . . well except the one in NV last year where the “trainer” got himself drilled.

2. avatar Noishkel says:

Well tell Shannon Watt’s I said hi. Or better yet how about you f*ck off back to that septic tank you crawled out of. Once you get back there re-read what I said. Specifically that point about how these incidents are very very RARE. Trying to judge the entire industry by a scant hand full of incidents is the kind of stupidly reserves for idiot children and MDA.

2. avatar barnbwt says:

“Allah-Akbar!” preceding the misadventure is a pretty good tell as to what prompted said misadventure…

2. avatar Lucas D. says:

Blanks don’t have that much recoil. No bullet = no force pushing back against the gun as the bullet leaves the barrel.

1. avatar Sergei says:

Do you know how blanks work? They need enough gas pressure (equal to a real bullet) to cycle the gun. To achieve this, the blank shoots a wad of wax or paper which can cause serious injury at close ranges. The recoil will be similar to a real bullet.

There was a movie set death long ago where one of the actors put a gun to his head with a blank and pulled the trigger. He died.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Cyclic pressure notwithstanding, anyone who has fired a blank and a ‘real’ round from a weapon knows there is a big reduction in recoil. I don’t buy it for a second.

2. avatar louringe says:

Both Eric Hexon and Brandon Lee

3. avatar Fabian B. says:

I’ve fired blanks, and, no, they have no recoil.

For your information, recoil is not what comes out the muzzle end.

4. avatar Vhyrus says:

Brandon Lee was not killed with a blank. They fired a squib load in an earlier shooting and the bullet became lodged in the barrel. They then shot the scene with brandon using blanks, which forced the bullet the rest of the way out of the barrel as if it were loaded.

5. avatar Lucas D. says:

You were saying, bud?

6. avatar Sergei says:

AK blanks:

Compared to AK live rounds:

Looks like plenty of recoil to me…”bud”

7. avatar Lucas D. says:

Your friend in the first video is firing off the hip and only getting a tiny amount of pushback; the man in the second is bracing the rifle tight against his shoulder and gripping it very securely to control muzzle climb.

Now, before you add one more word to this thread, go fire a live round and a blank of same caliber and compare the two for yourself, because the personal experiences of multiple people, myself included, and the work of Sir Isaac Newton all say you’re completely full of shit and have no idea what you’re talking about.

2. avatar tmm says:

I don’t see so much recoil as the girl turning to run, muzzling the intrepid filmmaker in the process.

3. avatar Bruce L. says:

I’ve shot a semi-auto M14 with blanks and it worked fine. Of course, it had a blank adapter on the end of the barrel. It would fire as fast as I could pull the trigger.

1. avatar LongPurple says:

It was the same with the M1 and firing blanks. No adapter — manually cycle the action after each shot (then clean a really filthy bore).
          A 7 year old boy safely and happily fired my Garand, with reduced loads that had just enough power to unlock the bolt.

4. avatar AFIraqVet says:

That looks like it could be a Middle Eastern/SW Asian country (aka, home of the celebratory wedding fire).

5. avatar Gunr says:

ISIS in training! (first day)

6. avatar Governmentknowsbest says:

One less jackass contributing to the gene pool

7. avatar Braenen says:

I believe that this was filmed in Saudi Arabia. I consider it unfortunate.

1. avatar doesky2 says:

Another vote in the unfortunate column.

8. I would say it was in the middle east. And terrorists and warlords love for kids to be using AK47’s.

9. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Mohammed approves this…but girls don’t get a reward.

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

Ok, if a guy dies doing the Jihad thing, he is supposed to get 72 virgins… but a female member does the jihad thing then what? does she get 72 virgins or whatever? Just never thought about it that much I guess, anyone know?

1. avatar LongPurple says:

I think it was Alan Dershowitz who commented that there was a misunderstanding about that deal. The jihadist only gets one virgin, who is 72 years old.

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

still a bum deal IMO.

Who Thought Giving a 10 Year Old a Full Auto AK-47 Was a Good Idea?

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. That’s who.

1. avatar Gunr says:

Who’s daddy?

1. avatar Jordan says:

Hers

11. avatar doesky2 says:

With BHO blessings of Iran, this area slated for future construction of a really big glass parking lot.
    Maybe he’ll redeem his legacy after all.

12. avatar HustleHard says:

You knew this was going too be bad just from the still shot before pressing play. Lol

People are stupid .. And I hope the guy recording knows how lucky he is to be c alive.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Middle East? If he was “training” her for jihad and had been killed by one of those rounds he would have 72 more just like her when he got to Paradise. Downside?

1. avatar Lucas D. says:

I’d bet there are 72 dissenting opinions on that arrangement.

2. avatar Nick says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but they don’t get the virgins if they’re killed by a female.

13. avatar Will P. says:

Not fair! I didn’t get the full auto AK I asked for for my 10th birthday! How come she gets one and I didn’t, and she’s a girl!
    Sorry trying to add some humor to this. Hell I just about needed someone to help me hold the first auto I ever shot and I was a grown man. Didn’t expect a puny little M2 carbine to walk up that quick. Its fine and dandy to let kids fire all the guns they want, but with a full sized auto like that help them hold it, or have it locked down. Doesn’t sound or look like it was in the US though.

1. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Well,,,I had a Mattel machine gun when I was 10!

14. avatar Swarf says:

Either that camera operator got shot, or AK’s really are that inaccurate.

15. avatar C says:

Allahu Akbar.

16. avatar Bill says:

It is idiots like this parent that provide the Civil Disarmament community with free ammo!

17. avatar Gunr says:

Years ago, some guy was killed at the Los Altos Rod & Gun Glub, in the CA Bay area. From what I remember, the gun fired, the recoil kicked the gun back as he was setting it down, and another shot or two put a bullet or two in his kidneys. Don’t remember if the AK went full auto or what, except he’s taking the “dirt nap” now.

1. avatar Tim says:

You may be thinking of Chabot in the East Bay. They had a guy’s SKS slam fire because he didn’t bother to clean the cosmoline off it. He ended up taking a round to the head. They have a 3 round limit in SKSs now.

1. avatar Gunr says:

Don’t remember that one, but I do know the shooting I mentioned was at Los Alto Rod & Gun Club.

18. avatar Pwrserge says:

Durkas gonna durka

19. avatar Sammy says:

Absolutely breath taking. More fuel for Action Demanding Mother…….. that we have no defense for.

1. avatar Pwrserge says:

How about the obvious fact that this was not in the U.S.?

20. avatar Chris T from KY says:

So someone is using a child from overseas holding a full auto weapon as a propaganda tool. Prove to me this is in america. But be careful if its Dearborn Michigan we will have a problem.

1. avatar barnbwt says:

The building’s too nice to be Dearborn…

21. avatar Dustin says:

Are you EXPLETIVE DELETED kidding me?

22. avatar Tom W. says:

Aloha Snackbar!!!!

Or however that goes. Eddie Eagle was not available for comment as he was enjoying his Memphis BBQ sandwich.

23. avatar ed says:

Let alone the ricochets inside a tiled, walled compound like that, presumably with alternate cored ammunition of some type!

24. avatar Skyler says:

Does anyone know what she was saying?

25. avatar Paul says:

This has Middle East all over it.

26. avatar KAP says:

You can’t cure stupid? This is propaganda pure and simple, Anti-American,Treasonous, Seditious and Terrorist Extremists like Mommy’s against guns, do not care that they put a child’s life in danger as long as they make the point that the 2nd amendment rights are bad, and the Stalin wanna bees in the Senate and house will vote saying it’s the best thing since popcorn! do they care/ not as long as they have immunity from the very laws they Pass so they can have control, don’t forget the Race baiting ones either that do not pay taxes and are given a get out of jail free card

27. avatar Kapeltam says:

Part of Obama’s gun campaign. Guns for everyone BUT the U.S.A.

28. avatar Reef Blastbody says:

Aloha Snackbar!

29. avatar Ted Unlis says:

Clue 1: AK47 with under folding stock (Common in Middle East?)
    Clue 2: Location is a walled compound paved with crude mud tile (Common in Middle East?)
    Clue 3: Dark haired barefooted little girl with olive complexion speaking Arabic (Common in Middle East?)

It doesn’t take a CIA Analyst to figure out this poor child is a martyr in training and offspring of a Jihadist named Akmed, Hussein, or Muhammad.

30. avatar bartjoebob says:

This appears to be in the middle east. Plus… The girl’s gotta be able to protect herself. I hear ISIS likes the little boys and girls young… REAL young