Watch Master Firearms Engraver Otto Carter Work at the Texas Firearms Festival

Otto-carter-engraved-derringer-600x402

(sponsored post)

On November 14 and 15, at Best of the West Shooting Sports in Liberty Hill, you’ll be able to try and buy a wide selection of top-notch guns and gear. DPX Gear will have some cutting edge tools for you to consider. Kangaroo Carry will show you how to make your full-sized concealed carry gun disappear. You’ll also be able to sign-up with gun rights orgs. And, I’m proud to announce, watch Master Engraver Otto Carter do his thing live and in-person. Check out Otto’s “Aesthetic Style” Bond Arms derringer above, on sale now for $7400 from Texas Firearms Festival gun store owner Sportsman’s Finest. Click here to buy your ticket to the Texas Firearms Festival now, before prices rise and tickets sell out. The happy memories you make at the Festival will be engraved in your mind forever. So to speak.

comments

1. avatar 357M28 says:

That engraving is breath taking. My dream is over, back to the coal mines.

That’s some seriously gorgeous engraving.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Is the hammer naked, for some reason?

What we can see of the hammer is undecorated. The spur might be, but we can’t see it from this angle.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

It kinda stands out.

3. avatar jwtaylor says:

That right there is worth the price of admission.

4. avatar LarryinTX says:

Having lived a few miles away from Sportsman’s Finest for 20 years, I finally got in there for the first time a few days ago. Damn! Like a little Cabella’s in some ways. They not only have an M2 on the floor, they have a 40mm machine gun, I didn’t even know there was such a thing. I knew about the version sitting in the front turret of a Cobra, of course, beside the minigun, but this bad boy was designed to be fired by hand, controls resembled the M2. Bond Arms motor home was parked in front. Really. Neat. Place!

5. avatar James69 says:

Wow, that’s a fine piece. The pure skill involved is breathtaking. Cause with weapons one boo-boo and it’s toast. Reminds me of a old harley shovelhead one of my now dead friends had. Every spot you could engrave was. Super fine bike. I guess this practice fell out of vouge nowdays. I still like it though.

I personally would never own one like it. It’s a collector item not a “shooter” All my toys are shooters that end up in the muck,mud,rain and sometimes the river. Hey that’s life outdoors.

6. avatar Mykel Obvious says:

Otto is the Master!!! and for those who use personal vaporizers, he does some killer mechanical mods as well!!

If you can manage to lay your hands on them… rare as hen’s teeth

7. avatar sagebrushracer says:

I have seen short video clips of people engraving by hand before. the ability to assemble scrolls and curls into coherent patterns is simply amazing. Give me a jack on on ice and a few cold beers and I could watch engraving for hours!