SHOT Show 2015: ArmaLite M-15, AR-10, AR-30, AR-50

As you know from Nick’s and Karla’s coverage, ArmaLite is shaking things up in 2015 putting a bit more modern in its line of modern sporting rifles. A bit more sporting, too, with AR-10 (.308/7.62×51) and M-15 (.223/5.56×45) models geared specifically towards 3-Gun and other competition use, plus hunting. And sure, why not, let’s take a tour of some .50 BMG AR-50s as well! I only grabbed a few photos, but those follow. . .

DSC01966

DSC01967

DSC01965

yt

DSC01979

comments

1. avatar John L. says:

So the blue version is for the Navy, to go with their camo scheme? 😉

1. avatar Jeremy S says:

If you run out of ammo, you can use it as an anchor 😉

2. avatar T-Bob says:

I apologize for digressing…but WTF were they thinking with that Blue camo? I cannot imagine any circumstance where it would be helpful, but I damn sure wouldn’t want to be wearing it if I went overboard.

Can you imagine trying to look for a man overboard when he is essentially wearing oceanwater camouflage? Piss poor idea.

2. avatar Frank Masotti says:

Um isn’t a “ar” meant to be semi auto? Those 50’s were bolt action.

1. avatar Jeremy in AL says:

Ar stands for armalite

1. avatar Jeremy S says:

Yes it has always stood for ArmaLite Rifle.

1. avatar Frank Masotti says:

OK I’ll give that to you both that the ar-15 once stood for armalite. However it is now a common term. That has come to be associated with any ar-15 and model’s made by any company or person.

2. avatar Jeremy S says:

If it was any other company making this gun then I’d be completely baffled as to why they’d call these .308, .338, and .50 BMG bolt action rifles the AR-anything since it isn’t what we generally think of as an AR-pattern rifle. However, since it is, in fact, ArmaLite manufacturing them, I didn’t really think it was weird. Maybe they’re trying to drive home the point that AR stands for ArmaLite Rifle by making ArmaLite rifles with AR in the model name. I could see it being some sort of branding push and a way of getting the ginormous AR-15 market to recognize that ArmaLite is THE original.

I especially don’t mind this fact becoming more common knowledge (not that I think a few extremely niche bolt action rifles is going to have any effect on it, of course), as we’ve all seen over the last couple of years how the media and anti-gun types have either assumed or intentionally misled folks that “AR” stands for “Assault Rifle” or “Automatic Rifle” in an attempt to further vilify them.

2. avatar Ben says:

AR still stands for Armalite Rifle regardless of who it’s made by.

3. avatar BlueBronco says:

AR stands for Armalite and regardless of how many ignorant wonks says “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle” are ignorant. It was first used in the 50’s by Eugene Stoner when developing the AR10 and AR15.

3. avatar Farmer Tyler says:

I have an AR-50 and I must say the muzzle break and the sheer weight of the barrel do wonders to help recoil. But the concussion is brutal.
    After about 20 rounds your ready to stop for the day.

1. avatar Gunr says:

After 20 rounds. I’d be broke!

1. avatar BlueBronco says:

I’d be broke with my hair standing straight up with a smile on my face.

4. The mountains boast incredible views, and a fantastic variety
    of flora and fauna to explore, and that’s protected through the Vitosha National Park.
    Led from the Argentinean Grupo Cine Liberacion, and also driven by radicals in Cuba,
    Bolivia and Brazil, the Third Cinema movement
    drew heavily on the concept with the First and Third Worlds,
    and expressed a sense of solidarity and collectivism between filmmakers as well as their
    audiences. Bald Mountain attracts experienced skiers from around the globe, as well like a decent share of celebrity and well-to-do
    travelers as well.