New From Muzzleshot: The Middy Tactical Rocks Glass

IMG_1483

We noted Muzzleshot’s flash hider shot glasses a couple of years ago. What gunny’s bar loadout is really complete without them? Now, to add to their range, the’ve gone big bore. Because man cannot live by shots alone, the’ve introduced a new 10 oz. tumbler they’re calling The Middy (can a maxi be far behind?). Like its little brothers, The Middy is a “mil-spec hardcoat anodized, aluminum rocks glass styled after the A2 Flash Hider.” And while it’s always proper to serve a mint julep in a metal (well, silver) cup, we’re thinking something more along the lines of a Revolver would suit the Middy just fine. You?

comments

1. avatar -Peter says:

I think this would just confuse most of the people I’d serve drinks to at my home.

The smaller size of the shot glass makes the point of the object a little easier to guess at. Even I wouldn’t immediately recognize the design inspiration behind the large rocks glass.

1. avatar 16V says:

That is not a ‘rocks glass’ anymore than a ‘mag’ is a ‘clip’. Unless you’re one of those people who calls a ‘bevglass’ a ‘tall rocks’. Which isn’t close to accurate, but has become kinda accepted, like the whole ‘billet’ thing…

Too wide for a ‘zombie’, and too narrow to be a ‘beverage’. The most accurate name I can place it with would be ‘highball’ or maybe a ‘cooler glass’ throwing the fluting into the mix.

2. avatar GWHNick says:

I love the glasses, but I would rather buy ammo or other gear with that kind of $. I now know what my 3d printer will be making next and it won’t cost me $50+ to make. I would like a Stein and have the lid as a bullet exiting the muzzle.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Once you whip up the file, post a copy at Reddit or wherever, will ya?

Tnx!

1. avatar GWHNick says:

You know it, I will work on the file tonight.

2. avatar Vanessa says:

This is a US patent. Please don’t threaten to steal from us. Not cool.

3. avatar Red in Texas says:

10oz? That must be the CA, NY, NJ compliant model. How about a standard capacity 30?

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Or at least a 12 ouncer.
      For say, a silver bullet?

1. avatar WRH says:

Say it ain’t so, Tom. With your taste for quality guns, I would hope you would host a better beer than that.

4. avatar Yngvar says:

So is it made of glass or aluminum? Because ethanol and aluminum don’t mix.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Anodize can be quite resilient to corrosion.

And I doubt you will be storing your EtOH in them long-term…

Cheers!

2. avatar 16V says:

Ano or not, it’s still a metal cup. While it’s one thing to take a nip from a metal flask, it’s completely different to be drinking out of a metal cup. It is not an optimum experience for most folks from a tactile perspective. Not to mention the sweating far worse than glass, and the fact that it will conduct heat far faster than glass, ruining your mint julep in tens of minutes. If that.

Tacticool and practical? Make them out of glass. Black glass. Metal? Decorative purposes only.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Good point on the tactile perspective…

Sterling silver (not electroplate) for some reason has an excellent ‘mouth-feel’ to it, might be something to try for shots…

2. avatar Vanessa says:

There is no taste difference. If you have not tried it then don’t say things that are not true. Anodized has no flavor. It just tastes “cold”.