Oregon Precision Arms, of Hillsboro, Oregon, caught my eye at SHOT Show for two reasons: they had some very good looking modified Ruger Mark II pistols on their table…and they are from the great State of Oregon. OPA is a manufacturer of high-end barrel upgrades for Ruger 22/45 and MK series pistols. These .22LR uppers are designed primarily for competition use (Bullseye, Speed Steel, etc.), and are intended to compete against the likes of Hammerli and similar high-end European .22 pistols. Shown above is the Marksman II Upper with 6.5 inch barrel ($695 for upper). More pics and info after the jump . . .
The O.P.A. Marksman II Upper is an anodized aluminum upper with comes with top and bottom weaver rails. It is a direct replacement for a standard MK II /MK III receiver. It features a threaded 6 1/2 inch button rifled match grade barrel made by FJ Feddersen, and comes with a tension nut. The barrel will accept all muzzle brakes and suppressor which feature 1/2-28 threads. It also comes with a removable thread protector.
Shown here is an OPA carbon fiber wrapped barrel featured on a Ruger 22/45 lower:
Here is another stunning carbon fiber barrel that may just have to find its way into my personal collection:
Shown below is the Oregon Precision Arms blast baffle and Marksman compensator:
According to OPA, the Marksman Compensator “redirects gasses entering the expansion chamber, greatly reducing compensator lead buildup.” OPA also claims that their Marksman Compensator reduces muzzle flip by 26%, and links to a You Tube video on their website to substantial such claims.
- Works with Tactical Solutions® Pac-Lite® Ruger® 22/45 and threaded Ruger® 10/22 rifles .22lr
- Completely index-able, no fussing with laminated washers or spacers to get your compensator / muzzle brake to align properly
- 1/2 x 28 threads
- 2 finishes available gloss black & flat black
- Anodized Aluminum / Stainless Steel design
- 3 diameters to choose from:
- OEM Ruger® pistol barrel diameter (.875)
- Ruger® 10/22 rifle bull barrel (.920)
- Oregon Precision Arms Marksman 2 pistol receiver (1 inch)
Here is a close up photo of the blast baffle: