SHOT Show 2015: Tour of CZ Custom

Angus Hobdell of CZ Custom was kind enough to give us a tour of many of their 2015 offerings, some of which are available directly through the CZ-USA distribution network.

comments

1. avatar Poiuytr says:

CZ – fantastic pistols that are under-appreciated in the US. You will never regret buying a CZ semi-auto. Their rifles are amazing also. The rimfire rifles have a huge fan base with the benchrest crowd.

1. avatar Rog Uinta says:

Odd, the brand-new CZ75 I picked up didn’t run worth a damn on any brand of ammo available at the time (pre-2008). Sold it at a loss but was extremely glad to get rid of it! Went back to my Browning Hi-Power and haven’t even considered another CZ since.

1. avatar czp09jrs says:

Sorry u got a lemon. CZ’s are all I shoot anymore. P07 for carry, P09 for competition. They fit my hands perfectly. Most accurate pistols I’ve come across. Next purchase is a 75 shadow.

2. avatar Chris says:

Which is countered by my CZ 75 SP-01 which has shot nearly flawlessly with everything I’ve ever put through it. Except a severely goofed up round from a Winchester White Box.

1. avatar Sixpack70 says:

P01, P09 and was a P07 owner. All three ran flawlessly on whatever I fed it. The omega triggers are pretty good.

2. avatar JQP says:

Dammit, I was hoping we’d get an P07 option in FDE with factory night sites or Hi-Viz sights (like my P09, with tritium). Shoot, we got everything BUT that!

(and since when do Czech’s have Australian accents? “that’s not a pistol, THIS is a pistol” lol)

1. avatar Jeremy says:

If memory serves he’s English not Australian. There is a certain other Australian fellow named Angus however..

2. avatar Jeremy S says:

He was/is a renowned competition shooter and runs CZ Custom, which has a very solid relationship with CZ and CZ-USA, but is totally separate. Nothing Czech about CZ Custom other than the CZ platform is its #1 choice for modification. It has basically become CZ-USA’s custom shop at this point, though, considering CZ-USA actually does distribute CZC worked over firearms.

1. avatar JQP says:

Ahh ok that totally makes sense. Heck, I hope he’s looking at doing a custom P07. I’m a total CZ junkie now… (and hope I didn’t piss him off with that Aussie comment doh)

3. avatar dracon1201 says:

CZs are the best pistols I have ever owned.

4. avatar Toby in KS says:

I liked the red one. I have to watch it again to see which model it was.

Did he say those magazines fit 21 rounds?

1. avatar Jeremy S says:

21 rounds in .40 S&W!

2. avatar Toby in KS says:

The red one was a CZ75 CTS. Angus said they weren’t legal for production, but I didn’t catch the reason why.

5. avatar Anon says:

For those of you who are wondering what the hell an “Australian barrel” is supposed to be, in Australia handgun barrels must meet a certain length, (120mm for semi auto, 100mm for revovler) or be really bulkly otherwise, else it is considered to be too short for normal sporting use.

See the Glock 17A for another example.

6. avatar KevinX says:

Just got a P-01 after shooting a friends full sized SP-01 Phantom. The fit and quality of both are wonderful but the actual trigger on my P-01 is much different. After a few magazines the trigger hurts my finger. The gun fits great in my hands and I can shoot very tight groups until my finger starts to hurt.
    I have several other guns. This is my 6th pistol. First time with this issue. Otherwise and in other hands this a great accurate gun. Shot 100 rounds so far. Out of the box no problems.