New From Weatherby: Element Semi-Auto

IMG_0655a

Weatherby’s really upping their game with the new Element semi-auto. This is a very nicely finished gun that features an inertia-operated action, a first for Weatherby. And that action is perhaps the most impressive aspect of an already very nice shotgun. The chrome plated bolt carrier moves with a smoothness you typically have to pay twice as much for. Other features include . . .

a drop-out trigger, fiber optic front site, a chrome-lined barrel and a “AA grade” American walnut stock thats been lovingly checkered and finished. A beautifully executed, Italian-designed smoothbore with an MSRP of $1099 for 12 and 20 gauge. The 28 gauge model runs $1149. This is a lot of gun for the money.

IMG_0656

IMG_0657

comments

1. avatar fishydude says:

Pricey but still a lot less than the Rem 1100.
    I can put it on my “lottery list” along with a couple Hellcats.

2. avatar Frank Masotti says:

Nice yes, but are you paying more for the name then a shotgun by another company with “exact” same parts?

3. avatar Tom in oregon says:

Along with the earlier O/U, it looks like they are marketing less expensive gats.
    Good for them.

4. avatar Kerry says:

Thank you for an article however brief, that is not about pistol braces, suppressors,or AR accessories.

5. avatar bontai Joe says:

I am glad, no actually I am over joyed that Weatherby is marketing affordable firearms of this quality. More power to them! I hope they get a much bigger bite of the market share, now that Remington, Marlin, etc are turning out substandard product.

6. What’s up, of course this piece of writing is in fact good and I have
    learned lot of things from it about blogging. thanks.

7. avatar Yngvar says:

“an inertia-operated action, a first for Weatherby”. Franchi’s patent ran out.

“A beautifully executed, Italian-designed smoothbore”. Yes. It’s a Franchi Affinity.

8. avatar Al Bondigas says:

….but is it made in Italy or Turkey?

1. avatar David L Hoffman says:

WHERE IS THE WEATHERBY ELEMENT SHOTGUN MADE?, USA, ITALY, OR TURKEY???

9. avatar Maui joe says:

All,I bought the new Weatherby Element. It’s just fantastic in every way and is unique too and not a rip off design which is obvious to anybody that actually bought one and shot it and not just looked from a distance. Sorry, buts it’s the best shotgun I’ve owned and I’ve had just about everything made, 3 or 4 times the cost. Buy one!

10. avatar Maui joe says:

All,I bought the new Weatherby Element. It’s just fantastic in every way and is unique too and not a rip off design which is obvious to anybody that actually bought one and shot it and not just looked from a distance. Sorry, buts it’s the best shotgun I’ve owned and I’ve had just about everything made, 3 or 4 times the cost. Buy one today!

11. avatar Jeb says:

I bought this gun & absolutely love it. My Benelli M1 jammed a lot. This has yet to jam on anything from light target loads to hi brass 3″ Magnums.

I hope they make it in a nice camo like that Kuiu they used on their Arroyo Mark V. Need something that I can stick in a muddy boat or blind without worry.