It Should Have Been a Defensive Gun Use: Bada Bing Edition

“At 4:43 a.m. on Sunday December 21, 2014 the Lodi Police Department responded to the Satin Dolls located at 230 Route 17 South in the Borough of Lodi to investigate a reported robbery,” the LPD press release reveals. “It was determined that two men armed with shotguns entered the premises and robbed the business of approximately $30,000.00 dollars. The actors then fled in an unknown direction.” Actors? That’s funny! The Sopranos used the Satin Dolls club as the set for the Bada-Bing Club. If the shotgun guys had [been fictional and] burst in on Tony et al., there would have been a total different denouement. Know what I mean?

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

Lodi is far enough from Sacremento that if elected officials wanted to carouse out of the limelight they could . And its not so far as to be inconvient.

30 grand cash in a skin club. Wonder if that’s just one days reciepts?

1. avatar ropingdown says:

Satin Dolls on a Route 17 would be Lodi, NJ, not the Lodi, CA in which musicians get, oh lord, stuck in again.

You sound all to familiar with the place. As one attorney to the other, ropingdown, allow me to advise you of your Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

1. avatar Felix says:

Wouldn’t that be the Filth Amendment for Lodi?

Bada bing!

2. avatar ropingdown says:

Honest, Ralph, if I was in Satin Dolls or Scores, and I’m not saying I was, it would only be to offer a tax opinion.

2. avatar jwm says:

I blame my brain fart on falling in with bad company. Before i accidentally stumbled onto TTAG a couple of years ago I barely knew what a computer key board was. Now i’m doing TTAG and talking on a phone at the same time trying to arrange a play date with grandkids.

The high way numbers made no sense in relation to Lodi CA but i glossed over them. My bad.

2. avatar Tom W. says:

Hope they also grabbed some local grapes eh? Good vino out there.

Still wins the Land Of Fruits And Nuts everytime.

1. avatar Slick says:

Lodi, NJ not Lodi, CA.

1. avatar Tom W. says:

My bad.

Stalag New Jersey. East coast version of fruits and nuts.

3. avatar Former Water Walker says:

VIDEO DISABLED…anyway how you doin’???

4. avatar Javier says:

Fugetaboutit! Wes in Joisy aint got no guns here for DGUs. If yous know what I mean?

5. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Maybe my brain is fried from reading too much today, but I read
    Satan Dolls.

Oh Lord, stuck in Lodi again.

1. avatar John M. says:

If I had thirty thousand dollars
      From every time I stuck up
      For every time I threw down
      While Guido put his hands up
      You know I’d catch the next plane
      Down to USVI
      Oh no, stuck in Lodi again

1. avatar Gregolas says:

So much win here, John M.

BTW, if Eddie Murphy had been there, he’d have spotted them and stopped them cold.

2. avatar jwm says:

CCR for the win.

7. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Wonder if that $30,000 was all in singles…

1. avatar v v ind says:

It was really $3k. But, in Lodi, NJ anytime you have cash stolen you multiply by ten when claiming with your insurance

2. avatar jwm says:

Stacked in bundles of one hundred and tied with g strings.

8. avatar 2hotel9 says:

Glad yous guys cleared that up! I could not imagine any location near Lodi, CA as suitable for filming scenes in New Jersey! And $30 grand is a nice cash flow for a weekend at a strip club, must be one helluva joint.

1. avatar 16V says:

$30K for a Saturday? OK for a small club in a mid-size market. As a Fri/Sat haul? Sounds like a lot of money, but in the club business, that’s Very weak tea.

There’s the door, booze, VIP, and rent from the entertainers (varies by market). A decent size club will do at least $5K per weekend night in door alone (500 @$10). If they only average $50 per head in liquor, that’s $25K. Rent from the entertainers is around $100/per, and with say 5 stages, you’ll have 40 girls on. That’s another $4K. Privates and VIP rooms are big coin in the right club. A whale will drop $5K,10K, 50K in a single night. Sometimes more. The margins on a $1200+ bottle of Cristal are quite nice.

A decent-sized club will gross $100K+ per week. But there’s lots of (legit) expenses that go with it. It’s just a big nightclub with some nekkid women.

Of course, The Bing! was a little roadside dump in NJ. So, $30K for them might be good money.

9. avatar Will says:

“Actor” is a legal term, as in one who commits an act.