Quote of the Day: What a Rush Edition

os-pictures-machine-gun-america-comes-to-centr-006

“It just happens to be a little higher on the adrenaline scale than a gift shop or a miniature golf course.” – Wes Doss in Machine Gun America to open in Kissimmee [at orlandosentinel.com]

comments

1. avatar Jay In Florida says:

Ain’t it great in the Sunshine State??? Until the novelty wears off. Me I get possed off when ever I’m anywhere near some blowhole banging awY with a full auto bouncing shells all over the place….

1. avatar tfunk says:

Something is wrong with you 🙂

2. avatar Rambeast says:

Article is premium content, and you’ll have to subscribe to read it.

3. avatar Bigred2989 says:

I’d love to read more, but the Orlando Sentinel is a subscription based newspaper.

1. avatar PPGMD says:

Go to Google news, that will get you around most paywalls.

4. avatar PPGMD says:

Strange, because I actually relax at the range.

1. avatar JoshtheViking says:

Exactly, shooting is a great way to unwind. If someone wants excitement, they should do a run and gun or an IDPA match.

1. avatar Djh says:

Or a tour in Afghanistan

2. avatar Bob101 says:

Same here. Once I get into my shooting drills, I am calm and focused. Did too much adrenaline as an USAF SP in the 80’s, so I avoid it. 🙂

3. avatar Chip Bennett says:

Relaxation is one of the primary reasons I go to the range. The breathing control, mental clarity, and focus on gross and fine motor control is – for me, at least – naturally de-stressing; perhaps even slightly meditative (albeit not in any spiritual sense).

5. avatar Rick the Bear says:

Man, I was just down there and I didn’t know about it. 8~(

6. avatar Accur81 says:

Looks like a square range that has machine guns. On the video, the range safety officer was doing virtually all the work. She was pretty darn cute, though. I’d have more fun with a move and shoot against dynamic targets. YMMV.

1. avatar Chip Bennett says:

There is (well, there *was*) a facility like that in West Chester, OH (just outside Cincinnati). It’s a shoot-the-zombie-bad-guys course, using their Simunition-modified handguns. It was a lot of fun.

Anyone who thinks that miniature golf isn’t an adrenalin sport has never taken a flock of eight-year olds to the local putt-putt.

1. avatar jwm says:

Word. Go on a field trip with a class of 8 yo;s. I’d rather trade shots with the jihadi;s. Less stress.

8. avatar DPV says:

The video is on YouTube:

9. avatar LarryinTX says:

How ’bout not posting links to newspaper ads. I thought it was to the story.

10. avatar Out_Fang_Thief says:

Orlando’s Most Thrilling Attraction! That’s the tagline. For those not from Florida, this place is located in tourist central; the secondary(parasitic) raft of lesser attractions profiting from their close proximity to Disney World. Generally speaking, this is the strip mall, sea shell selling tourist trap area, we locals really try to avoid. Get it? It’s an “attraction” that’s designed to attract suckers. Non-locals, with wads of extra vacay money to spend, or the locally-grown, mall ninja’s.

Did you see how fast that cute RO put her hand on the gun after the last shot was fired? Uh….does the RO at your LGS and shooting range do that to you when you pop the last round? Yah, me neither. It’s an E-ticket ride, to be sure, but should firing machine guns be packaged as entertainment?
    So, if you’re a Islamic terrorist here on vacation from jihad….where could you go get easy access to fully automatic weapons?

1. avatar jwm says:

So nobody should own a gun cause the bad jihadis might take them away and use them? If firing a machine gun ain’t entertainment, I don’t know what is.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

@Out_Fang_Thief –

Whadda you expect? Ever since Shooting Sports on I -Drive closed years back, someone was gonna take up the slack.

3. avatar Justice06RR says:

I’m from the area also, and don’t always go to that part of town.

From the article, it says it costs $99 to shoot the Full-Auto/Select Fire weapons. Way too pricey, and definitely aimed (no pun intended) at Tourists.

It also said that the range does not allow you to bring your own firearms to shoot at their facility. That alone discourages local shooters from going there. It costs $15 to go to a local range like Shoot Straight that allows you to bring your own guns and shoot rapid fire. $100 is a complete rip-off. No thanks…