Tennessee Bail Bondsmen Go Bananas

Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 7.31.30 PM

“Two bail bondsmen terrorized seven children and their mother inside a suburban Atlanta home after the woman’s husband failed to show up for traffic court in a different state,” nydailynews.com reports. “The armed bounty hunters kicked in the door of the Lawrenceville home and threatened to shoot one of the children.” A family member caught some of the action on cellphone camera (in the video above). Under certain circumstances, bounty hunters can kick in a door to grab their prey. Holding a family hostage at gunpoint? Not so much. Bail bondsmen Kevin Roberson and Khalil Abdullah are now in jail. Bail unknown.

comments

Who do those guys think they are — cops?

1. avatar surlycmd says:

Damn, beat me to it.

2. avatar Grindstone says:

If they were cops, they would’ve shot a 7 year old in the head then claim that she was going for his gun.

1. avatar B says:

Then charged the mother with murder for precipitating the event that led to the shooting. Can’t forget that.

2. avatar notalima says:

They would have throw in a flashbang, caught the house on fire, kicked in the door, shot the dog, and the 7 year old, beat the adults down when they raged over the 7 year old being shot, and then been given a nice paid vacation whilst they were ‘being cleared of all wrong doing’.

1. avatar BlueBronco says:

Don’t forget, those Atlanta cops chuck flash bangs into baby’s cribs and burn their faces up.

3. avatar JasonM says:

I don’t remember reading that they killed the family dog.

2. avatar DQ says:

Is there anyway to make it not autoplay and play next video on the home page? Its a bit annoying when refreshing page to see new postings.

1. avatar JasonM says:

Uninstall flash.

3. avatar Tom W. says:

Bail Bond Agents “float” in that gray area of almost a cop, but not quite, and more than a mall ninja wannabe security guard. They get first crack at a bond skipper before or immediately after a warrant is issued.

Slippery slope. However, I’m glad they are in jail. I hope they get a good bail bond firm. Where’s Dawg when you need him?

4. avatar Noishkel says:

I have to wonder what kind of traffic court fees are sever enough to warrant hiring bounty hunters to go after someone who didn’t pay then?

1. avatar Rokurota says:

My thought exactly. And I didn’t know bond agents could kick in a door. What if this woman was armed? What if they get the wrong address?

2. avatar Dano says:

Commercial vehicle fines can easily run into the tens of thousands of dollars and long haul drivers are notorious for skipping out of court appearances and fines. My bet here is that he was taken for an instant arraignment and had bail set at the same amount as the maximum fine amount. Screwing a bondsman is never a good plan. It’s not like they’re on the up and up.

5. avatar John Boch says:

My name is John Boch.

You kick my front door in and you’re not a bona fide cop, I’m going to light you up. Rapidly and promiscuously.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Dog the Bounty Hunter or Lil Bow Wow, you violently and tumultuously make entry in my house, you’re going to find those locks you breached were for *your* safety, not mine.

John

1. avatar Dano says:

Why are you wanted? What crime did you commit to have a warrant issued for your arrest? Why did you skip on your bond? Did you think the bondsman would just forget about it and eat the 90% loss on the bond?

Your statement is flawed in about 19 different ways.

1. avatar A-Rod says:

Yup. +1. What he said. Exactly.

2. avatar Jon in CO says:

I think his point was “no-knock” raid and warrant-less entry. Mostly on the premise of wrong house. At the same time, if the wife/girlfriend/BM has no idea of the problems said man is causing, I’m fairly certain they’d have a hard time convicting her of wrong doing.

3. avatar Cloudbuster says:

You don’t have to be wanted for anything to have a bail bondsmen kick in your door and terrorize you, the story iillustrates. The woman wasn’t wanted for anything. Neither were her seven children. As police and bail bondsmen have demonstrated they’re perfectly capable of terrorizing innocent associates of people who are wanted. Police have shown that they are frequently capable of showing up at the wrong addresses, why not bail bondsmen. You could have a former roommate or a ne’er-do-well family member who has gotten into trouble unbeknownst to you.

Police and bail bondsmen need to learn: kicking in doors is inviting a deadly response, and that’s no one’s fault but theirs.

4. avatar preston says:

don’t matter, he’s tough, can’t you tell?

2. avatar Quinn says:

My name is John Boch and I’m a keyboard commando

1. avatar former water walker says:

John is a real guy. Gunsavelife. You are a troll and not terribly bright. Duh…

2. avatar Dano says:

My name is John Boch and I’ll kill everyone and then kill them a second time.

John Boch

1. avatar whatever says:

If he uses a .45 then it’s done and done. 🙂

3. avatar Accur81 says:

I agree with JB. If my doors are kicked in at zero dark thirty I will consider those who enter to be home invaders and treat them as such.

1. avatar Quinn says:

You’re missing the point. If you have outstanding warrants out on you and someone kicks in your door- you’re first instinct is probably to flee. Because you’re stupid enough to have outstanding warrants out on you in the first place. Someone kicking your door in when you’re just a law abiding citizen is entirely different matter

1. avatar pigs die says:

Enjoy licking that boot.

2. avatar Nick D says:

And if you don’t know you have an outstanding warrant? What if, and I’m simply speculating here, you rack up a bunch of moving violations that are recorded by red light, stop sign, toll stop, and speed cameras, all at once, and it simply enters into the automated system as one big batch, and due to some law on record somewhere, that means that instead of having 5 separate moving violations, you simply have one minor felony. This is then forwarded through the legal system without your knowledge, because they only have your mailing address, not your email address, so by the time that the letter gets to you, you are already wanted in the state of Tennessee and a bail bondsman has already offered his services to the court?

4. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

I’m Jonathan from Houston, and I approve this message.

5. avatar John Boch says:

Dogs sometimes come to the wrong house… for whatever purpose.

Google the Petit family.

Heck, I’m make it easy for you:

Or the suburban mom who gets a gun stuck in her ear while watering the flowers:

Or how about the guy who kicks in the front door of this house:

Check out the audio of that 911 call.

But shit, I can just lock up my guns and lead a happy-go-lucky life because I don’t have any warrants.

D-E-N-I-A-L can kill you several different ways, “Dano”: Physically, mentally and/or emotionally.

I’d encourage you to save up and buy yourself a clue or three next time they go on sale.

John

1. avatar 2hotel9 says:

Oop, there it is.

And for those denigrating John’s post, I am not a criminal, no warrants whatsoever, period. You kick my door in, no the f**k matter who you think you are, I light your a$$ up.

6. avatar dh34 says:

I always find watching Dog somewhat funny…the tough talk, attitudes and pretty much illegal tactics…all staged. While gun ownership in Hawaii may not be common, he’d be dead in Colorado if this were real.

And all of the folks they track down are dangerous criminals who put the citizenry at risk…yet somehow they felt they were safe enough to post a bond for…

1. avatar Mr. Antisocial Guy says:

“I always find watching Dog somewhat funny…the tough talk, attitudes and pretty much illegal tactics…all staged.”

You now know the dirty little secret, reality TV isn’t real.

7. avatar Anner says:

W…t…f…

If a badge and “police!!” doesn’t immediately follow a kicked-in door, there be some serious firepower pointed at whoever walks through.

1. avatar whatever says:

Anyone can buy a convincing fake badge, anyone can buy printed tacticool gear and *anyone* can lie.

8. avatar bandolero says:

Khalil Abdullah? Sounds like the next Caliph of Buttholistan Prison.

9. avatar jwm says:

I vaguely remember some news expose some years ago about bounty hunters in the US. Thanks to some absurd laws written in the wild west days and never removed bounty hunters have a huge lee way in their approach to arresting their targets. They can cross state lines and jurisdictional boundaries with impunity. Once in a while you’ll see these missteps printed with attendent outrage by all that hear them but, as with most laws on the books, once there they’re damned difficult to remove.

10. avatar FoRealz? says:

Go with Christ brah!

11. avatar Clay says:

Something else is going on here. They were looking for that guy for something else, this makes no sense…

1. avatar Drew says:

No, your comment makes no sense. Bounty hunters are not cops. The only reason they need to do their job is the money. Wether the guy is skipping bond on a white collar crime or a violent crime matters not one bit.

12. avatar Taco says:

Someone kicks in my door, if the words “Police, we have a warrant” are not following it, lead is coming the way of the intruder… Bounty hunters? They’re not cops…they would be treated like thugs.

13. avatar Ag says:

Cops do this everyday.

1. avatar bandolero says:

LOL.

14. avatar preston says:

JB and others point is valid but you still have to realize many times cops do a “no knock warrant” they may not even say “police” and if you shoot one, even if it is the wrong house, they will not get charged and YOU will. that is a fact. happened in arkansas not too long ago, one 9mm bullet shattered the guys femur, he is permanently handicapped now. no charges to officers.

1. avatar Drew says:

If they were reasonable people we could have this stopped right now. But they are not and it seems the only way is through repeated bloodshed. Preferably biased in the innocents favor.

15. avatar Stacy says:

So this was a wrong-door raid by not cops? They get NO leeway if they harm an innocent in the process. Homeowner shoots back? Tough. Bounty hunter is a dangerous, thankless and (often) shady job, and compensated accordingly. It’s their choice to take on the risk, and their ass if their luck runs out.

16. avatar Sgt Frank says:

Where is Rev Al ??? Oh wait , no money to be made here.

17. avatar 2hotel9 says:

This should have been a DGU of the day post, with a pic of the mother standing over the dead bodies of these 2 c**ts.

1. avatar jwm says:

Home carry. It’s what we preach.

1. avatar 2hotel9 says:

I carried in both homes I visited yesterday, and you already know my position on weapons in my house, I’m centrally located between 3 right now.