President Obama: No Excuse for Violence

IMG_0898

President Obama took to the airwaves soon after the Grand Jury decision in the Michael Brown shooting. The President walked a fine line between highlighting ongoing racial issues in policing standards and chiding protestors bent on destruction – even as the teargas filled the air in Ferguson, Missouri. CNN’s reporting shots fired, but even a cursory glance at the video shows a massive police presence on the streets, including a convoy of armored police motoring down main street.

comments

1. avatar RT says:

I’m glad to see the POTUS weigh in on another local matter.

1. avatar Another Robert says:

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that he did not say that Michael Brown acted stupidly. And no, I’m not going to listen, I can’t stand to hear that jackass bray.

2. avatar William says:

That’s just what one side of his mouth said.

3. avatar tufty says:

Hmm, not a lot of grey area in how the activist in chief feels about this.
    How the hell does this man get to be president?

1. avatar William says:

The sad truth is a majority of voting Americans wanted this clown to be President.

2. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Honestly I think he was elected due to racism, or the denial of such. A lot of touchy feely types that don’t even know any people of color can feel good about not being racist because they voted for Obama. The sad part is I have heard more than one white soccer mom bitching about that loud woman in a store that was black, those people in the projects, etc and then claim they were not racist because they voted for Obama.

I am not racist, I have become jaded over time. Now I am polite but distrust everyone until they prove they can be trusted. Doesn’t mater if white, black, green, yellow or purple.

1. avatar Turner92 says:

This was stated on Oct 15, 2012

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Trust me, this is a opinion I have held for a long time, my stay in the burbs are just fortifying my view.

4. avatar Sgt Frank says:

He covered his ass and that is all he did……

1. avatar Soccerchainsaw says:

…and he missed a golden opportunity to raise his approval ratings by coming out more forcefully against rioting (not protesting) and helping to have enough personnel in place to prevent the burning/looting. It’s not racist when ordered by a black president, don’t you know….

5. avatar jwm says:

Sad, sorry piece of shite. I’m so done with this potus. At least I managed to get a laugh out of Bush on occasion.

He needs to go.

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Funny story about Bush, his big ears and dumb look made him look to me like a monkey. One day I told my daughter look a monkey and pointed to the TV. She was 2, from then on every time young bush was on TV she would point to the TV and say Monkey, kids can be so cute and impressionable.

6. avatar Mark says:

Obama has performed one miracle tonight:
    He stated “We Are A Nation of Laws” AND DIDNT GET STRUCK BY A LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!
    God must having laughing at him too hard to get a good aim!!
    Sarc/

1. avatar gof says:

It is called irony, nor sarcasm….

7. avatar v v ind says:

gOne 1/20/17

8. avatar Rick says:

Obongo’s homies be makin’ him look bad.

9. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

The most special irony of the night was listening to President Barack H. Obama claim, with an utterly straight face, that we are “We are a nation built on the rule of law…”

10. avatar Accur81 says:

I truly don’t give a damn about Obama’s opinion. I am ashamed that he is our president. The only thing that pleases me is how much damage he has done to the Democrat party, and how much he has done to unwittingly promote gun sales. If I could describe our POTUS with a single word, it would be unwitting. Or dirtbag. The jury is still out.

11. avatar Clown Syndrome says:

So.. is this going to be a good crisis or a bad crisis that shouldn’t go to waste?

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Trick question, no crisis is a good crisis, unless your a politician and can use any crisis to trample on the constitution.

2. avatar Accur81 says:

Given the breakdown in police services, and that John Q Taxpayers have defended their businesses and property with – gasp! – civilian-owned firearms, yet again, don’t see any way the anti-gunners can spin it their way. Then again the antis can lie profusely, so they may put something out there.

12. avatar Hannibal says:

…says the man and administration that has been working hard to discredit any law and order in the area from day 1.

I’m still waiting for Eric Holder to go stop some looters.

13. avatar 2hotel9 says:

“President Obama: No Excuse for Violence” And then he did excuse them. Funny how that works, DoJ is putting pressure on local police to NOT charge any of these people with crimes.

14. avatar barnbwt says:

Wow, he actually called the protests violent? No dead ambassadors needed!

15. avatar BDub says:

It sickens me to hear rioters called protesters. Rioting is not legitimate protest or speech. Doing so legitimizes bad behavior, undermines free speech and completely destroys the credibility and voice of real protest. An educated man in the White House should make that distinction as clearly and loudly as possible.