Is This the Best Slo-Mo .50 Caliber Destruction Video Ever?

I’m not saying this Dan Blizerian .50 vs. Rolex YouTube video is perfect. The most glaring defect: Dan the Man shoots fake Rolexes. That is SO not the same as drilling a real Rolex. If Dan had shot a Rolex Daytona – or two or three – that would have lifted this slo-mo video straight into the legendary category, adding to the Trustafarian’s already formidable rep as the [all but literally] balls-out American consumer. Better/worse yet, how about a Patek Phillippe? Still, this production is a gorgeous thing, proving that Shiva the Destroyer is a serious babe, if you know what I mean.

comments

1. avatar ToddR says:

I would say this is the second best. My favorite one is the slow-mo watermelon vs the Barrett with the nice wedding music in the background.

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I really like the flash an API gives off at impact.
    Too cool.

3. avatar Neil D says:

Wonder how far the watches are from the 50 cal ? I certainly would not shoot that gun standing up. There is a bipod on it for crying out loud. Use it instead of trying to look macho.

4. avatar Jamie in ND says:

The most impressive thing is the guy can hold a Barrett .50 free hand and shoot a GD wrist watch! Nice shooting!

1. avatar Accur81 says:

That is impressive.

1. avatar Grindstone says:

One could even say it’s incredible.

2. avatar Jim R says:

Yeah that’s no small feat.

5. avatar 16V says:

Meh, Even if were a Rolex and not a Faulex, it’s really not that big a deal in the world of cool and rare stuff.

Don’t get me wrong, a Daytona or a President is worth some money as an expensive standard upper-middle bauble. Lots of Veeps wear them, while trying desperately to show they can afford them. But it’s still (at best) a mass-produced S-Class Benz compared to the world of $1MM++ Hublots, Jaegers, Vacherons, Milles and the like. Some of them sport north of 50 complications, a Rolex isn’t even Timex-entry-level in the collector world unless it’s really odd, old, and has provenance.

Even if they were real, it’s merely blowing up an S500, not a Bugatti Atlantic.

1. avatar lowhouse5 says:

I wear my father’s 1963 GMT Master which he gave to me when I turned 16 (and because he bought a President for himself).
      I kept it in a drawer until I turned 21 because I didn’t feel old enough to wear it. That was many years ago.

It’s priceless to me.

1. avatar 16V says:

Not trying to discount the sentimental value of any heirloom. I’ve got some rather rote items with emotional attachment like everyone else. I’ve got a Submariner, an early PD, and a couple of Sinns that I’d be loathe to part with, even they are all (relatively speaking) mass produced product.

I was just going for the rational analysis of a stunt that was designed to impress and fails miserably when subjected to thought.

6. avatar Grindstone says:

Hey buddy, your shoes are untied.

7. avatar Drew says:

The girl by the truck in those videos did not care about anything. She was on her phone and probably thinking something like “can we go home yet?”.