Question of the Day: Will You Be At the Texas International Firearms Festival?

Full disclosure: TTAG’s been working with the Texas International Firearms Festival to promote their annual event. We appreciate TIFF’s contribution to our bottom line. We also appreciate the event itself: a gathering of some ten thousand firearms enthusiasts at Best of the West Shooting Sports in Liberty Hill, Texas, this Saturday and Sunday, trying and buying guns from 20 way-cool manufacturers. Like any event where The People of the Gun gather to celebrate their firearms freedom, TIFF is a big deal. Kirsten, Dan, Nick, Tyler, Wes, Michael and I will be there. We invite you to meet us at the show. Remember: culture eats strategy for lunch. The more you [safely] shoot your guns, the safer your gun rights. Will you be there?

comments

1. avatar Julio says:

I wish. Stuck overseas up until around Christmas. It sounds awesome. I look forward to reading about it afterwards here on TTAG.

2. avatar Roymond says:

I got turned off by the sexist advertising for it.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

You’re just mad because the tootsie in question (KJW) can outshoot you six ways from sunday.

2. avatar Taylor TX says:

I must have missed the bikini ad somewhere then…

3. avatar tom says:

Sexist advertising… ?

I went to Best of the West on sunday with my 7 year old and she picked up three free posters of KJW which are now hanging in her room. I’m solidly a 1st/2nd wave feminist myself and I haven’t seen any sexist advertising at all.

4. avatar RLC2 says:

beta male troll impersonation is verboten.

1. avatar TheBear says:

I think Roymond is just a troll.

3. avatar Accur81 says:

Would love to join y’all, but I blew my wad on an upcoming deer hunt with my (step)son in WI.

If it’s any consolation, I’ll be qualifying with 3 guns on a timed course at Prado Olympic Shoiting Park, with some shoot / movement drills. I’ll also be taking my 300 BLK AR build for my friends to shoot. And Maybe my .308 as well.

Sounds like an awesome event and I wish you guys the best. I really enjoy your content, and work to expand gun freedom. Although the only contributor I’ve personally met is Dr. Vino, I consider you all good friends.

4. avatar LarryinTX says:

Shoot my guns? Am I supposed to do that?

I have been planning to get out to Liberty Hill to check out that range, have been putting off this decision til after the great F1 extravaganza, to see if I can recover in time. Thinking I may see if my sons are ready for another outing.

So, are tickets or whatever available there, or do I need to buy online or something?

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

You can buy them at http://www.texasgunfest.com or at the door – unless they sell out. There are only a few VIP tix left.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

I need to buy 3, probably not VIP! F1 was expensive.

5. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I was hoping to, then a free hunt in Africa came up. But it’s also elk season. And I still have an unfilled bear tag.
    Oh look. A shiny object!
    Dang it.

1. avatar Taylor TX says:

I was unaware I could be this envious, thanks for the personal enlightenment 🙂

School and pre-moving saving have swiftly annihilated all of my hunting plans this year. I hope to see an article or two from these upcoming adventures.

2. avatar Accur81 says:

Tom,

Sometimes, I really want to live your life.

Cheers,
      -Aaron.

3. avatar RLC2 says:

Yes. I am temted to say something wildly inappropriate in my green eyed envy, but then catch myself myself, Tom, and toast to your luck from afar, and hope for another Hemingway-esque after hunt tale….

Me I will be hoping to fill my tag for the dwarfishly small creature also known as a souther ca mule deer.

That is if I can avoid tumbling down rocky poutcroppings rifle strapped on thinking I can still boulder like in my 20s or blundering thru thick stands of dried poison oak and breaking out everywhere in agony,
      such is my failing eyesight and plant recognition skills, in my OFWG newb hunter status.

4. avatar Geoff PR says:

Tom – Pack Imodium for that trip….(!)

6. avatar Tim Freeman says:

Anyone know if tickets will be available at the door?

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Yes. Until they sell out.

7. avatar cmeat says:

i will not. have fun.

8. avatar Tex300BLK says:

Wish I was, spent all my fun funds drinking $10 DosEquis tallboys and rubbing elbows with the EuroTrash at the F1 race here last weekend.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Yeah, but it was FUN!

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

You were at the F1 race?

Huh? What’d you say? Speak louder please?

Ahhh, the shriek of engines at 12,000 rpm…

9. avatar Rabbi says:

Wishing you the best of luck! Have fun y’all.

1. avatar TheBear says:

Word. I’m really glad I waited on buying tickets. I’ve been sick all week and I just caught something new from the SO… ugh.

FML.

10. avatar Taylor TX says:

I was actually planning to go until early last month, life just has a funny way of dumping on vacation plans.
    I really hope this becomes an annual thing.

11. avatar Stinkeye says:

“Full disclosure: TTAG’s been working with the Texas International Firearms Festival to promote their annual event.”

Really? I hadn’t noticed. 😉

12. avatar tom says:

I’ll be there! My oldest daughter really wants to go but I’m not sure it’ll be all that great of a time for a 7 year old who has only shot our .22lr’s.

Really looking forward to shooting SCAR-17’s, MP5’s and all the other fun guns that are normally out of my price range. I did just pay off one of my CCs however… danger! SCAR-17 incoming! ha!

13. avatar John Boch says:

Had plans a few months ago, and was excited about nicer weather (than Illinois) for a weekend of meeting a who’s who.

But things just didn’t come into alignment as I had hoped.

Maybe next year. There will be a next year, right?

14. avatar outwardhound says:

Will be there both days with my daughter who is itching to get behind a big ol’ Barrett and send lead downrange.

Looks like the weather is gonna clear up just in time for things to dry out too, good times just ahead 🙂

15. avatar BDub says:

Yes, indeed. I hope to meet some of you there….SOME of you. Hehe.

The only thing that remains is to decide – Barrett booth or Sig booth first?

I’m also hoping there are decently priced Targets. I’d love to pick up a dueling-tree.

16. avatar RLC2 says:

ps, Kirsten Joy, you simply rock. Thanks for being such a great role model.

17. avatar Reyberto Colon says:

You bet I will! After just finding out today that I had won tickets for the F1 race but didn’t noticed because the message went into my “others” folder; I will not miss this one. In fact, I had originally purchased my ticket for saturday but due to a scheduling issue, had to change it for sunday. Kara was amazing and helped me out a lot with the ticket swap. See you guys there.

1. avatar BillC says:

Yeah, props to this Kara person. She helped me out with a last second ticket issue very quickly.

18. avatar Jim R says:

I would’ve loved to be there, but finances did not permit. Hopefully there’s a second annual TIFF. If so, I’m totally gonna be there for that.

19. avatar lefty jason says:

Driving the 3 hours from houston. And bringing a second date.

20. avatar dh34 says:

Yes. Taking the daughter.