In the run-up to the mid-term elections, The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has abandoned any pretense of rational argument. The anti-gun org’s ad above rivals SpongeBob SquarePants for intellectual sophistication – minus SBSP’s endearing honesty and positive mental attitude. The ad directs viewers to lapdogscorecard.org, which “outs” pro-gun politicians in an interactive map. The page includes a “Worst of the Worst” (“Best in show if you will”) gallery of 12 elected officials [screen cap after the jump]. It’s an excellent resource in the sense that . . .
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But more than that, it’s interesting to see the formerly demure Brady Campaign dive into the gutter. To the point where they’re asking supporters to do the following:
- Download a Lap Dog body here.
- Print out one of the supplied Lap Dog bodies.
- Find a photo of your favorite Lap Dog in Congress and print it out.
- Cut out the head of your Lap Dog in Congress and the dog body.
- Paste the head on the dog body.
- Take photos of your Lap Dog! Feed it treats and tweet it at the member of Congress to show them you know they’re a Lap Dog!
- Share your photos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag: #NRALapDogs
It’s a good sign when the group dedicated to degrading and destroying Americans’ natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms descends to the level of cartoon burlesque and plugs their ears to anything remotely resembling dissent (video comments disabled). The Brady Campaign has lost its founder and its founder’s [misguided] moral center. This is what’s left.