Quote of the Day: Size Really Does Matter Edition

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 1.48.39 PM

“I just need to see a weapon. I need you to be carrying a gun. As long as everybody has a gun we’re all the same size.” – Restaurant owner Kevin Cox in Restaurant offers discount for carrying gun [at ketknbc.com]

comments

1. avatar Sergio in NC says:

I like this guy!

2. avatar jwm says:

Do you get a discount by the inch? I’d be embarrassed to whip my j frame snubbie out amongst a bunch of magnums.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Hahaha
      Great morning laugh!

I like these places. Bet we won’t see Shannon and her ilk enjoying some deep fried catfish and hush puppies there.

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

Shannon eating Cajun food? I can see her finger going down her throat at the thought of it.

1. avatar jwm says:

a finger? As much practice as that girls had getting past the gag reflex it would take a base ball bat to make her flinch.

2. avatar Craig says:

If I bring my M1A, do I get free Scotch?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

The free Scotch is for those with an NFA Thompson wearing a Zoot Suit with a stylish Fedora, Daddy-O.

3. avatar gbo says:

Hey, maybe women will change their way of thinking to the more concealable a ‘gun’ is, the more more they want to handle and use it, as well as making the bearer more attractive in their eyes!

4. avatar MamaLiberty says:

No discount for gun carriers at our local coffee shop. They’d go broke. LOL

Went into the library the other day and a lady (obviously from somewhere else) asked why I carried a gun. The librarian just laughed and said, “She always does, and we feel safer whenever she’s here.”

The stranger left with her mouth in that little “O.” 🙂

I have no idea if the librarian CCs, of course. You just never know here. 🙂

1. avatar Chip Bennett says:

No discount for gun carriers at our local coffee shop. They’d go broke. LOL

Well then: how about a “security tax”, for those who don’t carry? (I’d love to see the splodey-heads that would cause!)

1. avatar MamaLiberty says:

Nah, we’re all pretty tolerant of the tourists and others who pass through. They spend money here, after all… we just keep our eyes open and go on about our business. If they don’t mind us being armed (by keeping their mouths shut), we don’t much mind if they’re socially naked that way. 🙂

2. avatar bontai Joe says:

I really like your idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. avatar Frank Masotti says:

Well you know this restaurant will never be robbed, and no one will shoot anyone in there. 🙂

6. avatar dave says:

Port Allen is about 90 mins drive from me… just might have to take the Mrs. out for a Sunday drive and lunch just to show my support.

7. avatar MJJ says:

More of this, please?

8. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

next time i’m in the area i’m stopping in for lunch….

9. avatar Another Robert says:

How about that line from the article (NOT a quote from the owner): “Criminals beware!” ??

10. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

“They forget that we really do, we’re given the right in the Constitution to keep and bear arms.”

I’m no theologian, nor a Constitutional scholar, for that matter, but I’m fairly confident that the right to keep and bear arms originates from a higher source than any document, government or any other instrument of Man.

1. avatar Grindstone says:

The Constitution *recognizes* the right, it does not grant.

1. avatar Anonymoose says:

This^^^^^^^

God grants us our rights, whether you believe in him or not, hence the terms “unalienable” and “natural.”

11. avatar former water walker says:

Sounds like a great place to me. Especially living in Illinois. Maybe I can show off someday 🙂

12. avatar Lucas D. says:

I was wondering when this story would finally make it to TTAG. I know Kevin; I see him every other day at the bar I manage, and he was telling everyone on Monday about how his new policy had already hit the 24-hour news and talk-show circuits.

The only “joke” I’ve caught about it so far was Conan O’Brien making a crack about how “armed robbery is the best discount you can get!” Right, because criminals always make sure they get permission before sticking a gun in someone’s face, and they’re certain to always do it in front of two dozen armed patrons. Pardon my French, but Conan O’Brien is a f*cking moron, along with every other self-decreed “hilarious” person who mocks Kevin and his restaurant .

Good on you, Kev. If you guys are ever in the area, do stop in and try his crawfish pies. I think I’ll do that this Friday.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

Definitely a relevant video. I like it for the criminal mindset: don’t be a hero. Kinda hard to rob a restaurant if the patrons are armed. I doubt a San Francisco restaurant would give anyone any problems.