From: “Boise State Communications” <firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Sep 19, 2014 7:49 PM
Subject: Campus Crime Awareness Notice: UPDATE
To: “everyone-do-not-reply” <everyone-do-not-reply@
*This message has been approved for mass email distribution by Kevin Satterlee, Vice President for Campus Operations/General Counsel, in accordance with Boise State Policy 8100.*
UPDATE 6:45 p.m.: The Boise Police Department has released further information that indicates a total of two residences near campus reported a prowler early Friday morning, Sept. 19. Both were in neighborhoods south of Boise State University. Boise Police believe the prowler is also responsible for similar incidents that occurred previously in the area between Broadway, Vista, University and Boise avenues. The suspect is described as a white male in his 20s, medium height, and wearing a sweatshirt with a hoodie . . .
Boise Police Department is urging residents to be cautious and lock doors and windows at all times. If you see anyone who seems suspicious around your home or neighborhood, call 9-1-1 and report it.
ORIGINAL NOTICE: In the early morning of September 19th, Boise Police Department took a report of a prowler in a residence near campus. The subject entered the residence while the occupants were sleeping and was scared off when the occupants woke up. An investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Crime Stoppers by calling (208) 343-COPS or (208) 343-2677. You can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 if your information leads to an arrest and filing of charges.
Crime information can also be reported to Campus Security and Police Services at (208) 426-6911, in person at the Campus Security and Police Services located in Capital Village at 2245 University Drive; or, if you wish, anonymously through Silent Witness at https://secureforms.
Campus Security and Police Services would like to remind students, faculty and staff of the following:
- Security escorts are available 24/7 by calling (208) 426-6911.
- Keep your doors and windows locked.
- Avoid going out alone at night.
- Stay alert to your surroundings and the people around you. Avoid wearing headphones, talking or texting on your cell phone, or anything which can distract you.
- Carry your cell phone with you and be prepared to call 9-1-1 in case of an emergency.
- Know where the blue emergency phones are around campus.
- Report all suspicious people and circumstances to Campus Security and Police Services at (208) 426-6911 or from any blue phone.
- For a list of campus safety tips, visit http://security.
- For students seeking confidential counseling services, contact the University Counseling Center by phone at (208) 426-1459, or in person at 1529 Belmont St, Boise, ID (Located directly behind the Student Recreation Center, in the Norco Building).
- Students of all genders can also receive confidential support services at the Boise State Women’s Center as well as learn how to help make our campus safer through the use of bystander intervention by contacting the University Women’s Center in person on the second floor of the Student Union Building, above the Info Desk at 1910 University Dr, Boise, ID 83725, by phone at (208) 426-4259, or by sending an email to email@example.com
Boise State University is sending out this notice in compliance with the provisions of the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1988.