KY Dem Senate Candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes Guns for Mitch McConnell

Lagging in the polls, Kentucky Democratic Senatorial candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes is running a campaign ad knocking down clays as she distances herself from President Obama on “guns, coal and the EPA.” Strangely, Grimes’ stance on firearms freedom doesn’t appear on her campaign website’s issues page. I did find this at ontheissues.org: “As an NRA member, my strong support for the Second Amendment is unquestioned. I am proud of Kentucky’s long-held gun ownership, sporting and hunting traditions.” . . .

Maybe someone should question her support; where she stands on universal background checks, ammunition magazine capacity limits, that sort of thing. And ask her why President Obama thinks her election will help gun control. And whether she rejects the Democrat Party platform’s stance on gun control, which calls for the reinstatement of the “assault weapon” ban and subjecting gun rights to “reasonable regulation.”

Don’t hold your breath. But do withhold your support.

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

One question, lady. How do you feel about constitutional carry?

P.S. Is that joe biden’s shotgun she’s holding?

1. avatar JasonM says:

Joe’s shotgun is a double barrel modified to fire both barrels simultaneously. She appears to be holding a tube-fed semi-auto, i.e. an “assault shotgun”.

1. avatar jwm says:

The elite get semi auto shotguns. Us peasants get declared mentally unsound if we want the same.

1. avatar TT says:

The elite get over and unders.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

And the vintage drilling guns…

3. avatar sagebrushracer says:

@ TT
          I would definitely be happy with a Drilling combo gun too, engraved, no gold inlay needed. I am a simple guy.

2. avatar Gunr says:

So Joe’s scatter gun fires both barrels at the same time? That makes it a single shot, not good if he misses on the first shot, or if there are more than one bad guy. And this is what he wants us to use for home defense!

1. avatar Grindstone says:

If it fires more than one round per pull of the trigger, isn’t that an NFA item?

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

Pepperbox derringers are not NFA items…

Yet.

2. avatar Goblin21 says:

She was coach, she is a A.s.s.whole and she is a Obama Liberal….No Confidence, No Support here….!

2. avatar Rob Aught says:

Oh boy, there is the sporting and hunting traditions again!

Hey, how about my right to be able to defend myself? Why is that never a campaign platform for Dems? (Rhetorical, no need to answer)

1. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

Indeed, when I read “I am proud of Kentucky’s long-held gun ownership, sporting and hunting traditions,” my Fudd alarm went off full force.

1. avatar Chadwick P. says:

Glad I’m not the only one. My “wolf in sheeps clothing” meter just got pegged.

2. avatar neiowa says:

And Marie Antoinette Obuma “Supports the Troops”. When libtards lie to you we are supposed to accept their lies, even if we know its a lie and they know we know. The circle of the democrat political world.

She runs as a dem then she is a libtard dem. Does not matter what BS she spouts.

1. avatar int19h says:

Ugg tribe good. Ogg tribe bad. Ugg smash Ogg!

3. avatar uncommon_sense says:

“… my Fudd alarm went off full force.”

whoooop, whoooop, whoooop, whoooop …

or if you prefer …
        Danger, Danger, Danger Will Robinson!

3. avatar Robert Inguaggiato says:

Am I crazy or did the court in California rule that magazine limits are Unconstitutional ??? I could swear I read it a few weeks back don’t remember who is NRA or USCCA one of these sites.

1. avatar Excedrine says:

You’re thinking of Kommiefornia’s 10-day waiting period. Expect that decision to be appealed.

4. avatar Roscoe says:

Yeah, right. First time Lundergan Grimes’ party leadership says ‘jump’ her wolf costume comes off to expose her as the sheep she is.

More political “packaging” and “marketing”.

5. avatar Gene says:

Why do these folks think that they can get support just by saying “I’m a member of the NRA”? Anyone can join it and it doesn’t mean you actually support the 2nd A. It just means you paid some level of membership dues.

This just screams weasel-words and manipulation, imo. “Unquestioned”? Seriously? Anything a candidate says demands close scrutiny. They categorically have destroyed their own credibility. The “…long-held gun ownership, sporting and hunting traditions…” is always followed with an unspoken “but”. Tired, tired phrases. I believe the people of Kentucky are smarter than this.

1. “Unquestioned” means the do nothing media won’t ask a clarifying question because she’s a democrat like them.

2. avatar Todd Moriarty says:

I’d hope my fellow Kentuckians are smarter than this, but we keep sending John Yarmuth to congress…

6. avatar DrVino says:

This reminds me of Neil “TARP” Kashkari (“Cash n Carry”) here in CA.
    Last we heard of him saying if you want 30 round magazines, he’s not your guy. But now, with 4 bills on Brown’s desk he says he’d veto them – but only when pressed and pressured for a stance….

1. avatar Roscoe says:

I’d vote for Brown before I’d vote for Kashkari. At least with Brown I know what I’m getting, and it could be worse.

Kashkari; who knows – HE doesn’t even know.

2. avatar mk10108 says:

If all my party can do is bring this bone head forward, Repubs in CA are doomed. He just spent a week being homeless and such a “revelation”. Instead he should of spent a month working at various companies learning why many leave CA for less regulation. He lost my vote & support making the statement “I’m not your guy”. Your right, your not for public lawful self protection.

7. avatar Jay In Florida says:

Another sheep in sheeps clothing!!!!

8. avatar sgt frank says:

Typical democrat talk….but where have all these well meaning democrats been for the last 6 years…..democrats only care about their section of the trough and what is in it for them.

9. avatar Tom W says:

Same tired old play from the Democrat play book. Dems, during election time “suddenly” move/shift/crawl to the “right” using cliche’s and photo ops like this one thinking voters will fall for it. (Which sadly many still do).
    Sigh….

10. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Among Democrats, there are those who sincerely believe in the statist ideology, and there are those who change colors like a cameleon to blend in with their local political landscape.

I’m not sure which is worse.

11. avatar Full Cleveland says:

“You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.”

– Lincoln

12. avatar HHAHA says:

what a joke, these liars will say anything to get votes. its so pathetic.

13. avatar Static NAT says:

Well… truth of the matter is, given the ingorance and misinformation about the NRA (and the 2nd Amendment), just putting the letters “N.R.A.” on your support Website may be enough to assure you’ll never get elected anywhere. But then again, if you don’t have it on your support Website, then you’re not a true supporter! Does this candidate have any voting records we can look at to see what her past priorities have been?

14. avatar FoRealz? says:

She has a dash name. Never trust a broad with a dash name.

1. avatar Yellow Devil says:

I know right. Just pick one or the other.

15. avatar Jay Wolf says:

Typical rich liberal, they want guns for themselves and their hired thugs. NOT for the peasants.

16. avatar Garrison Hall says:

Think about Jim Webb. Ostensibly conservative (sure sounds like it, anyway), he still voted for Obamacare even though he thought it would cause problems. Now, having done great damage to American society, he says he regrets it. Big deal. Where was his courage when we needed it? This is the problem with Democratic candidates who sound conservative. That said, I don’t much like Mitch either. But then, I don’t live in Kentucky.

1. avatar Todd Moriarty says:

Not much in the way of a good choice for senate in Kentucky this year. Matt Bevin ran against McConnell in the primaries, but was pork barreled in the west of the state by Mitch’s signature dam project, and in the east, the coal unions got behind Mitch as well

17. avatar CentralIL says:

Even if (big if) she is genuinely pro-gun, most Washington Democrats are not. Voting for her means voting for Democrat control of the Senate.

Republicans may not be great, but we are better off with them controlling the Senate than the Democrats. Judicial appointments alone can make a huge difference.

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

A lot of badly needed legislation is voted in party lines so a vote for Grimes is a vote for Donkey Crap Bolshevism.

2. avatar Yellow Devil says:

I can make the argument, however, that Pro-gun Democrats were the reason Reid didn’t even bother bringing up the anti-2a bills to the floor of the Senate since he was certain he didn’t have the support.

1. avatar Chip Bennett says:

Don’t confuse “pro-gun” Democrats with pro-re-election Democrats. Such Democrats know that, in order to get elected, and to stay elected, they need to pay lip service to gun rights during campaigns. The reason Reid doesn’t bring up such bills for a vote is not because such Democrats won’t vote in his favor, but because he knows that when/if such Democrats vote in his favor, they’ll lose their Senate seats.

As the ObamaCare strong-arming proves: Democrats will vote with their party leaders on demand.

18. avatar OakRiver says:

Before the Midterms expect to see more Democrats scramble to distance themselves from the current Administration. Once the elections are over though they’ll quickly fall back into lockstep with their party – one of our local Democrats demonstrated this perfectly over the immigration debate.

19. avatar bobmcd says:

It seems that only a minuscule number of people in the world know the difference between skeet and trap. She ain’t shooting skeet.

1. avatar Phil L says:

Thanks for making the comment I came here to make!

20. avatar Fed Up says:

So she’s strongly in support of the privilege to keep and bear sporting goods if the government approves?

1. avatar FoRealz? says:

In a nutshell, yeah.

21. avatar Chip Bennett says:

A pro-2A democrat is like an anti-abortion democrat: i.e. about as real as a unicorn.

1. avatar int19h says:

Maybe you should tell that to the NRA, seeing how they have some pro-gun Dems on their lists.

22. avatar Another Robert says:

Yup–I expect what we got here is a female Bart Stupak vis-à-vis guns…

23. avatar Javier says:

Don’t hold your breath! Politicians are all the same they tell you what you want to hear and repeat it till you believe it then once in office they turn on US like the jackals they are. Look at their voting records and previous comments then vote for those who better serve US not themselves. If you can.

24. avatar paul says:

did anybody see her hit anything, or is this another democrat shooting bull shit,?
    and telling us it is something good for us?

25. avatar rico says:

The real damage to gun rights will come from the courts. All those NRA democrats (Reid, Begich, Pryor) voted for Kagan and Sotomayor for the Supreme Court. Do you think lilttle Miss Allison would have voted against them?? And then there’s all those whacked out leftists getting onto the Appeals courts who are sailing through the confirmation process.

26. avatar Will Wright says:

Think I’d write in ‘none of the above’ if my choise was ‘tween a Rino or a dem.

27. avatar Kyle says:

Mitch McConnell already has a counter ad out.

28. avatar Col. Angus says:

Not impressed….after all, President Obola also once posed with a shotgun, although he looked slightly more feminine than Grimes….