Gabby Giffords’ Americans For Responsible Solutions Reneges on Book Offer

JDdlaiELCV86f1FbVToDUE1JXlU

Americans for Responsible Solutions PAC, the political fundraising group created to turn Gabby Giffords’ tragedy into a fundraising vehicle to disarm Americans, made what I thought was a very reasonable offer. In short, Giffords’ and Kelly’s group says that they will send you their latest propaganda book, Enough: Our Fight to Keep America Safe from Gun Violence, for a donation of any amount. I was alerted to the offer by a member of the Arizona Citizen Defense League (AZCDL). Great deal, right?

Here’s what their email blast said:

We had a crazy idea, and want to know if you’ll take us up on it.
Gabby and I wrote a new book that’s coming out at the end of this month. It’s called Enough, and it’s about why we are working to keep America safe from gun violence.
I’ll tell you more about the book itself in a second, but here’s our offer.
Contribute ANY amount you think is fair to support our work at Americans for Responsible Solutions, and we’ll send you a copy of our book before it’s even in stores.
We know that some people might contribute less than the book costs, and that’s OK.

The suggestion from the email’s author was that a donation of two cents be made, as the book probably cost about 50 cents to print and a buck to deliver. So that’s what I tried to do.

But as shown in the screenshot above, two cents wasn’t enough to get a book. So much for the truthfulness of the “ANY amount you think is fair.” Another AZCDL member said that the lowest he could make work was one dollar which would recoup most of ARS’s cost of printing and shipping…but that is not all.

As one of the officers of AZCDL warned:

ANY person who donates to these groups will also be counted as a member or supporter when they tell the media or Congress how much support they have. And, they WILL sell your information to other organizations and vendors.

So they would probably make more than enough money to cover book printing and shipping costs by selling your information.

I doubt that there’s any useful information in this book and I wouldn’t spend more than two cents for it. I certainly thought that would be a fair price, considering that they want to use the money to undermine my rights.

©2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
Gun Watch

comments

1. avatar TravisP says:

If the two cents things worked they I’d have fifty of them and they’d have the information for Tom NotARealNAme who uses pre paid credit cards and gets his mail sent to a vacant house for sale.

2. avatar RetLEO says:

Thanks for the warning. They should pay US to read it…

1. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

Well if you needed cheep TP and were in a pinch, 2 cents is a great deal!

1. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

Hmmmm, Giffords book or a leaf. A leaf is free!

1. avatar Bodiddly says:

Leaflets three, leave them be!

2. avatar John L. says:

… With a non-zero probability of being poison ivy. 🙂

3. avatar Jus Bill says:

The leaves or the book?

2. avatar UpChuck.Liberals says:

I’d bet it’d leave a rash it’d be so irritating.

3. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

nice book cover looks like he’s going to chuck her off the railing ….just another step honey…

1. avatar WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot says:

“Just look at the flowers, Gabby, look at the flowers…”

1. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

LMAO. That was a great scene.

2. avatar doesky2 says:

Laughing. HARD.

3. avatar Geoff PR says:

Oh, if only that was a justifiable response…

4. avatar Roscoe says:

Why pay ANYTHING for their or any other propaganda? It’s shoved down our throats in one form or another for free literally every day by big legacy media. Space shot and spacy cadette’s positions are hardly a mystery and have been out there, along with their hypocracy, for a long time in full view.

But it Is nice that you called their bluff on the empty promise.

1. avatar Lurker_Of_Lurkiness says:

cost to print and mail book = x
      donation = y
      if y<x they LOSE money net win for us

1. avatar Grindstone says:

What’s better? Bleed them of a buck or two or not giving them another name to add to their list?

1. avatar Lurker_Of_Lurkiness says:

I’m sure “Ben Dover”, “Hugh jidyit” and “Ima Panzi” would find the book interesting.

5. avatar Former Water Walker says:

I would have offered a penny…and does ANYONE think Gabby wrote a word of this diatribe?

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Does anybody think Gabby can write?

1. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

Well errr, not anymore!

2. avatar Grindstone says:

I certainly disagree with her politics, but come on now, that’s more than a little low.

1. avatar Jus Bill says:

No, that’s completely accurate for someone who suffered a devastating brain injury. I think she’s a wonder because she can stand for short periods and utter a few word-like sounds.

3. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Can Howdy Doody write? Everyone knows Buffalo Bob wrote the book!

6. avatar OakRiver says:

Duplicity from those supporting gun control. Who would have thought it?

7. avatar Noishkel says:

That’s actually pretty awesome… get everyone that supports your rights to ‘buy’ this book for .02 and GRIND that author and the publishing house into the DIRT for messing with the rights of everyone for this filth. Amusing this you would get a physical book.

8. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

Well let’s see . . . they used the internet (over interstate lines) to make an offer that you tried to accept. Hmmm, does this consitute mail and wire fraud? Isnt’ that a federal crime? oh, wait, there are a lot of people involved. Does that make this a conspiracy?

just saying. . .

1. avatar Retired LEO says:

Dirk have Ralph double check but according to the

2. avatar JeffR says:

For even more fun, you could go the civil RICO route and forego Holder.

9. avatar Roll says:

Giffords/Kelly are pushing hard here in AZ. They have tv commercials against politicians that are pro-gun.

1. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

Ha! Good luck with that in gun loving
      AZ.

1. avatar Yellow Devil says:

Even her hand-picked successor who rode in on her coattails, Ron Barber, hasn’t taken up the anti-2a crusade. Not that I’ve seen anyways.

10. avatar Shire-man says:

Given that the response from these people when asked “what measures do you propose and how would they help?” is to change the subject or chant some off-topic cult mantra I fail to see how a book can be filled.

11. avatar cogline says:

I would have bought a bunch and used them as a backstop for when I clear my guns.

12. avatar Anonymous says:

I’m running low on bathroom TP, I would definitely pay a very small amount for this book. It satisfies more than just one purpose. It doubles as bathroom reading material and after I get a laugh out of it as I read, I can rip those pages out and those pages double for another purpose. Talk about efficiency here!

13. avatar Joe R. says:

She was for “anti-immigration” (a/k/a: proper maintenance of U.S. southern border security), before that crazy Democrat shot her in the head. (Thankfully didn’t get Brewer off the beat).

Now she’s for “anti-gun” (better hope nobody from S. America forms a mob).

1. avatar Jus Bill says:

Nope, she’s for anti-gun MONEY. Or at least the Space Cadet ™ is.

14. avatar ChuckN says:

I’m seriously tempted to bet several simply to use as targets.

On a more serious note, I’d like to see one of the major 2A
    advocacy groups (I’m looking at you NRA) make a counter and
    say that any money made by Giffords will be doubled and given
    to either the Eddy Eagle or Appleseed Program. Now that’s
    something I’d contribute to.

15. avatar SouthernPatriot says:

It is probably worth a couple of cents and a few cents toward postage. I will need some fire starter for my fireplace, fire pit, and such inventions for burning trees and keeping me warm. I guess the tree huggers will come out next and make an offer or do a picket?

16. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Its Howdy Doody time, its Howdy Doody time!

1. avatar Roscoe says:

‘I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a book today.’

17. avatar Abad says:

Went to their site. There’s no book offer in exchange for a contribution now.

18. avatar beerwhisperer says:

Here in Minnesota (48F as I write) a couple thousand at $0.02/copy; cheaper than firewood this winter.

1. avatar Abad says:

Now that’s some thinkin’!

2. avatar Jon says:

Apparently you have 0 reading comprehension: they author of this article stated they tried to get it at 2 cents, however, it couldn’t be bought for less than a dollar….

…plus it’s probably mostly air anyway, so it wouldn’t be too useful as firewood.

1. avatar Jon says:

added: Ok, I will admit, maybe I was a little snide in the way I said you didn’t understand.

3. avatar David P. says:

You beat me to it. Lol

19. avatar Jeremy says:

Lets cut Gabby some slack. She went into politics after she washed out as a boxer. Couldn’t take a shot to the head.
    My bet is her only functioning brain cell bought the farm.

20. avatar Jon says:

The amount I think would be fair is 0.00 dollars. To save them on shipping costs, we could simply share the book by torrent. That way no one would have their name dishonestly added to any list either – since the author is all about honesty, they’re sure to have no problem with that. Sounds fair, don’t you think?

21. avatar Jus Bill says:

I think it’s fair. A pretend PAC offers a pretend book for a pretend sum of real money. What’s not to like?

22. avatar Gunnutmegger says:

Sign up under a blatantly false name, at a minimum donation to maximize the financial pressure on them. screencap the process.

When they try to use the clout of their “followers”, demand to see the list of followers. If they produce the list, decry the bogus names and attack their credibility.

If they don’t produce the list, show the screencaps and declare that Gabby and Baldy do not speak for you.