Actor Orlando Jones’ Non-Ice Bucket Ice Bucket Challenge

SPOILER ALERT! Comedian Orlando Jones pours empty brass on his head in the video above, then condemns the death of millions of people around the world fighting for peace that “all seems to stem from some militarized police force threatening the rights of people to assemble.” Uh, what? Those deaths stem from the people who order the police to quash peaceful demonstrations. Oh well. That’s the kind of cognitive dissonance you’d expect from a self-proclaimed lifelong NRA member and “active member of the Louisiana police force” who Tweeted that liberals should kill Sarah Palin to gain some respect. Funny peculiar I’d say. [h/t IK]

comments

1. avatar Tommy Knocker says:

It just proves the point that most folks AND celebrities need an editor. IMHO he was soooo close to making a really good point. Pity.

2. avatar Taylor TX says:

I was wondering when this would make its way up here. Seems a lot of people really love their “Im an NRA member BUT ______” card these days…

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

I’d love to see the NRA, from time to time, say something like “that is a lie, you are not now, nor have you ever been, a member of the NRA, you are not welcome to join, and if you claim that again, we will sue you.”

1. avatar D. says:

This. Well said.

3. avatar Hannibal says:

Stick to the ha-ha thing.

4. avatar Cogitans says:

I’m having a hard time seeing what exactly is so wrong other than hyperbole. Robert I think you missed the mark here. As far as I see it complaining about the militarization of the police isn’t any different than complaining about than those who would ‘give the order’ given that the police can only be militarized with the consent of those who give the orders. City and state legislators could end militarization tomorrow if they wanted.

1. I am yet to be convinced that the police killing people (in free [relatively] societies) is responsible for millions of deaths around the world. In what timeframe? How about focus on a real problem like…oh…I don’t know…SATAN! I was actually going to say Islamo-Nazi-terrorists.

1. avatar Duzt says:

“How about focus on a real problem like…oh…I don’t know…SATAN!”
        not sure if serious or amazing sarc.

5. avatar James says:

When was Orlando Jones last relevant? Those 7 up ads were what, early 2000s?

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

The less relevant you are, the funnier it is to be anti gun. Just look at Jim Carrey.

2. Brother From Another Planet was very funny! Wait…What?…That wasn’t him? Okay nevermind then.

6. avatar former water walker says:

Yeah I saw this. I don’t get his point. NRA & some kind of cop? Sure. Isn’t Jones some kind of gay activist too? “Not that there’s anything wrong with that”. Oh well it’s a nice break from the ice buckets…

7. avatar Jeff says:

can anybody prove to me that Orlando Jones isn’t really Jeff Goldblum in blackface makeup?

1. avatar Jennifer Anderson says:

I’m black and I must say that’s not a very nice thing to say. Funny as hell but not nice! 🙂

1. avatar Jeff says:

not nice? how? the two dudes look identical in the face.

1. avatar Dan A says:

They do seem to have the same hair, and they both say “um” quite a bit, and nobody’s seen them in the same room together… I think you may be on to something

8. avatar Joe R. says:

Not even Clifford Franklin know what Clifford Franklin is thinkin about.

9. avatar Phil says:

I don’t see anything wrong in this video. I even think it’s nicely done…
    I don’t know who this guy is, but he’s spot on. It’s about time people wake up about the current situation…

10. avatar Patrick says:

Orlando Jones is his name? I thought it was Black Jeff Goldblum. I learned something today.

11. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

Never heard of him. Sounds desperate to revive, through anti-gun bile, whatever relevance he may have once enjoyed. Guess these people regard the NRA as career CPR. Had he any self-respect, he’d opt for career DNR.

1. avatar Jeff says:

he was fairly well known on MadTV in the 90s, and less known since in various B-movies.

12. avatar sota says:

look… at all… that… lovely brass…..

13. avatar BradN says:

Why are people against this video? I think he’s making a pretty good point. This isn’t an anti-gun video by any stretch of the imagination. It’s also good to see another brother that takes the 2nd amendment seriously as I do.

1. avatar Phil says:

Call me crazy or paranoid, but I’m quite convinced a lot of people wouldn’t have any problem with this video if it would be done by a christian middle-age straight republican white man…

1. I’ll go with crazy. Paranoid wouldn’t make sense based on that statement alone.

2. avatar Tommycat says:

You mean like how we just love Bloomberg, and hate Colion Noir?

2. avatar Chris S says:

I’m with you 100%! Its a really great video and the point he’s trying to make is well founded in my opinion. Ferguson was a dissaster. Is his speech perfectly worded? No, because he’s obviously speaking from the heart. And I’ll take that kind of response over some well typed out politically correct speech any day of the week.

14. avatar Johannes P. says:

After seeing Orlando Jones’ name in the headline, I think I speak for millions of Americans when I say: “Who?”

I think Orlando is a pretty cool guy, but he kinda peaked with “Make 7 Up Yours.”

16. avatar larry says:

Seriously WTF???

I am not sure what that was? What does the NRA have to do with this? What does his “special” police badge have to do with anything.

I live in St. Louis county. People have assembled every day since Brown was killed in Ferguson, including last night even though they are getting bored and the turn out is a joke now.

Their rights to assemble only get threatened once they break the law. You know like loot buildings, burn them down, throw bottles, bottles of piss and bottles full of gas at police. Oh and shoot each other.

17. avatar Bob in Washington says:

Don’t know who he is or why I should care? I wish the bucket had been full of hot shells from a .50.

18. avatar Don says:

Who is Orlando Jones?

1. avatar Illinois Minion says:

wasn’t he in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie series with Johnny and what’s her name??

j/k

1. avatar Don says:

He must have been acting in white-face.

19. avatar Gyufygy says:

After the video stopped, Orlando Jones was tragically injuried as reloaders mobbed him looking for used brass.

1. avatar Sixpack70 says:

The old guy with the stick nailed him in the foot so many times trying to scoop up the brass that he can’t walk due to swelling.

Other than that, I think it’s a decent video. He spoke about what was on his mind and he didn’t go into loony toons land.

20. avatar Charlie says:

That was “D. U. M. Dum!” lol

So what does this clown show have to do with Louisiana?

21. avatar Wes says:

I think his message is spot on. I don’t understand the negativity towards the speaker or the message. Some people here are insinuating that he is lying about being a NRA life member. Any proof, or are people just pulling stuff out of where the sun doesn’t shine?

22. avatar Don says:

Later in an interview Orlando Jones stated that gun violence are the leading causes of death for white people and black people. This is not accurate at all regarding the ranking of causes of death:

23. avatar Publius says:

“Uh, what? Those deaths stem from the people who order the police to quash peaceful demonstrations.”

Nope, sorry Rob, but it’s entirely on the police. A politicians “orders” mean jack unless the thugs in blue are ready and willing to commit violence against people.

1. avatar Jeff says:

This exactly. If your comment wasn’t here I’d have said it. The order-givers aren’t half as responsible as those following them. If the jackbooted enforcers of the state didn’t exist, the order-givers would be irrelevant and they’d have no way to enforce their edicts. But thanks to our valiant, intrepid paladins of public safety…

24. avatar Sabrewolfe says:

So, now law enforcement is responsible for the deaths of Martin Luther King, Jr and Mahatma Gandhi? Um, how? Both were shot, true, but neither assassination was in any way associated with law enforcement.

I don’t hear anything blatantly anti-gun in this video, but, man does Mr. Jones have a horrifyingly severe case of cranial-rectal inversion.

25. avatar Rich Grise says:

SPOILER STUPID ALERT”

Fixed it for you.

1. Welcome back Mr. Grise.

1. avatar Rich Grise says:

Thanks! It’s good to be back on-line after the hiatus, “talking” with people who have English as a first language!