Revolver Six Shooter Cylinder Shift Knob

Revolver Six Shooter Shift Knob Shifter Manual Car Automatic Universal Replacement (courtesy ebay.com)

The world can generally be classified into opposing groups. You’re either a dog person or a cat person. You hop out of bed, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning or you’re a night owl who likes to howl at the moon. You take a gloomier, half-empty view of life or adopt a rosier, half-full attitude. There are those who take the time to make their bed in the morning and those who just can’t be bothered. And then there are those who think there are two kinds of people in the world and those who eschew that kind of rigid bipolarity. But when it comes to handguns . . .

You generally either tend toward pistols or revolvers. Yes, we know many of you own both. So do we. But those for whom a revolver provides a certain warm, fuzzy feeling that a GLOCK, a 1911 or other semi-auto just can’t deliver know what we mean. And vice versa. And if you’re a wheelgun weenie like we are, you’ll probably want to pick up a Revolver Six Shooter Shift Knob for your car. Or truck. Then again, that will depend on whether you’re a manual transmission kinda person or strictly an automatic driver, won’t it?

[h/t DD]

comments

1. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

Fortunately there are as in firearms OPTIONS, one gets to pick and/or choose.

1. avatar DJ9 says:

And if I was picking options for MY vehicle, I’d pick a revolver-cylinder-shift-knob that didn’t have the chambers/cartridges in-line with the cylinder’s flutes (the opposite of how they line-up in real life).

How hard is it to check a photo of the real thing for accuracy? Dumb arses.

1. avatar Buzzy243 says:

Haha I hadn’t noticed that. But yeah, that not how revolver cylinders work…

2. avatar txJM says:

It’s hollow with a twist-top.

3. avatar IdahoPete says:

Good catch! I would also want to know the caliber of the cases in the cylinder – wouldn’t want to buy some wussy little .32, right?

2. avatar Tom says:

Speaking as an owner of a car with a stick shift, and said stick shift has a metal ring around the top of the knob.

It’s like the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark when that Nazi grabs the medallion that’s been in the fire.

If this is all metal, there’s no way you can drive when you start the car without permanently burning that cylinder into your hand.

2. avatar Travis says:

I’ve been eying this for a long time… too bad the girlfriend won’t let me get it for my wrangler

1. avatar Doc says:

dude dont be whiped and just get it. if its your car its your choice, shell get over it. and if she doesnt she can deal.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

Amen to that.

2. avatar Phil COV says:

“Girlfriend”

3. avatar Gunr says:

Talk about being pussy whipped! Man up dude, if it’s this bad now, what do you think it’s gonna be like if you marry this gal?

3. avatar Independent George says:

I was always fond of “There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understamd binary, and those who do not.”

1. avatar baue8673 says:

Everytime I see that line, my engineer brain immediately kicks in with “Why did you use two bits to describe it when one would have worked?”

1. avatar BLAMMO says:

How do you express the number 2 in binary?

Of course there are only two kinds of people in the world: Those who divide the world into two kinds of people and those who don’t.

1. avatar Al says:

You represent 2 possible values as on and off, like a safety. 10 allows for 4 separate states:

You only need 2 states:

Capice?

2. avatar twency says:

But zero is not a valid number of possible types of people in the world. There might be one type of person in the world. There might be two. There might be three. Etc.

A single binary digit would allow one to represent that there are zero kinds of people in the world or that there is one kind of person in the world. The former is inherently invalid, the second is insufficient to represent the number of kinds of people suggested by the joke.

In order to represent that there are two (or more) kinds of people in the world one needs to employ at least two binary digits.

3. avatar The Brotherhood of Steel says:

In the end, binary cannot be used to express people.

4. avatar Paladin says:

@The Brotherhood of Steel

Yet.

5. avatar Geoff PR says:

Well, null can be used to express people…

6. avatar John says:

I’m with Al on this one.

Also: Yet.

7. avatar Jeff says:

I believe “null” refers to members of Congress, etc . . .

8. avatar Independent George says:

@Al – that’s precisely the kind of thinking that gave us the Y2K bug. For shame!

9. avatar Geoff PR says:

Hm. Null and void…

2. avatar Zymurgst says:

What about the ones that thought the joke was in base three?

1. avatar TxGal says:

valve stem 9mm caps, kinda cool. However I’m not one to advertise I might have a gun on me or at home. No bummer stickers, no window decals nothing to draw attention. As for the rifle, I can just see my Goldens thinking “what a wonderful chew toy”

4. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I’m guessing we’ll see this knob on trucks that already have imitation bull scrotums (scrota?) hanging from the hitch receiver.

1. avatar Rad Man says:

Ah yes, Truck Nutz. http://www.trucknutz.com
      I couldn’t afford the real thing so I just hung a couple of limes in a plastic bag off my receiver hitch.

1. avatar Nick G. says:

The realistic plastic ones are kinda over the top for me. I just used a pair of cheap tennis balls in one of my wifes stockings.

1. avatar Gunr says:

Man, that’s sick!

2. avatar twency says:

I find the anatomically-correct (if the truck were a bull) ones extremely vulgar and disgusting.

But I was slightly amused the other day when I saw two metal machine nuts hanging from a short length of chain off a pickup’s hitch.

3. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

It’s not exactly my thing, but you rock it out. Total scrotum freedom.

2. avatar Ing says:

Am I the only one that gets a nearly irresistible urge to shoot those dinguses off whenever I see them dangling from someone’s trailer hitch?

1. avatar sagebrushracer says:

No, i get that urge as well.

2. avatar Curtis in IL says:

C’mon now. They’re like tattoos. They make it easier to identify morons from a distance.

3. avatar v v ind says:

Rip em off and shove them down the truck’s intake tube…..that’s what I do

5. avatar Gene says:

And risk being arrested driving into DC? No, thank you.

6. avatar Jon says:

If that had real bullets or were interchangeable with real bullets it would be pretty cool.

1. avatar Gunr says:

Beat me to it. That’s what I was thinking, If you pack a wheel gun as I sometimes do, that would be a great place for spares, right under you hand.

1. avatar Jon says:

Not even so you would have ammo to use (although I agree, that is an acceptable use). I just think it would be cool because that would give it some authenticity – Not a huge fan of fake things that are made just for appearance, they’re kinda tacky in my opinion.

7. avatar Geoff PR says:

Back in 2008 Florida deemed bumper nuts obscene with a $60 fine.

Not sure if it ever got ruled unconstitutional or not…

1. avatar Gunr says:

I once saw a really beat up VW beetle that should been in scrap yard. It had a bumper sticker that said: My other car is a piece if shit too.

8. avatar irony_supplements says:

My wife got me one for my FR-S. Love the concept, but it stands pretty tall and attaches with these crappy plastic adaptors that don’t take long to loosen up. It’s sadly just not great. It did inspire me to look into maybe getting an old cylinder off gunbroker or the like and building a nicer, real one, but I haven’t made the time to plan that project out.

1. avatar DanRRZ says:

This. Had a “protected by smith and wesson” shift knob on my truck for a day. The little set screws did not hold it in place, it would twist when shifting. May be less noticeable in a car with a short throw.

I too thought of making my own, tapping a grip casting etc. Only downside is without the gear map on the knob, anybody I let drive my truck probably will not be able to find reverse. Not that I actually let anybody else drive it, but just in case.

9. avatar twency says:

Officer: “He was reaching for his gun! I could see the bullets!”

[Yes, I know the difference between casings and bullets.]

10. avatar Jim R says:

My car is an automatic, and I kinda want one.

11. avatar Gregolas says:

Looks darned unergonomic and uncomfortable.

12. avatar Mark says:

Semi-auto fans could just pound a hi-point onto the shifter-rod, the torture-tests on youtube indicate that it’ll still fire fine & be fairly accurate with the barrel boogered-up & bulged..

Perhaps round one would even dislodge the gun from the shifter-rod, leaving you with 8 or 9 for the bad guy..

13. avatar IndyEric says:

Would this be legal in D.C.? It has ammunition components.

1. avatar DJ9 says:

If so, probably not.

I could also see New Joisey or Canadian authorities hacksawing one in half to check it for hollowpoint bullets…

14. avatar v v ind says:

Billy lane’s patent must have run out.