ATF Helps Red Jacket Firearms Find Their Machine Guns

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 4.31.39 PM

Red Jacket Firearms becoming entangled with the ATF is something that has definitely been done befo’. The Haydens apparently aren’t really detail people. At least not when it comes to record keeping and following all of the ATF’s onerous regulations. It got bad enough a couple of years back that Red Jacket owner William Hayden lost the Louisiana firm’s FFL because they couldn’t manage to keep track of all of their guns. This time the firearms regulators got involved when Red Jacket had some Class III gear go awry while shipping to and from Las Vegas . . .

According to tmz.com,

Given the Discovery Channel stars’ prior compliance difficulties, we assume that Red Jacket is once again a “qualified dealer or manufacturer” in the eyes of the guvmint. And we don’t pretend to be knowledgeable enough in the intricacies of NFA compliance to know how shipping leased Class III firearms may have complicated the situation. Fortunately, that’s something the Haydens do for a living, so everything is hunky dory. Isn’t it?

comments

1. avatar Mike Crognale says:

Stopped watching them when they started creating “frankenguns”.

1. avatar Nevah B. Eendonebefo says:

Stopped watching them when I started watching them.

2. avatar Broken 3ight says:

Ill never forgive them for the tacti-cooled Thompson they made.

1. avatar dakiwi13 says:

was thinking the same exact thing when i saw rjf was involved

3. avatar sacorey says:

The atf needs to help them find another line of work, ive dealt with two redjacket ak74s, neither shot straight both worked their trunions loose. As far as the Frankenstein guns, theres a reason its neva been done befo.

4. avatar bontai Joe says:

Lost machine guns? “Nevah been done befo’… oh. ahh, wait oh crap yeah it has.”

5. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I wonder if Leland Yee has a temp job working for UPS?

1. avatar PsyHawk says:

HA! That one caught me off guard…

6. avatar Nine says:

Good SoGs episode?

Nevah been done befo’.

1. avatar Brasscatcher556 says:

Lulz, Win of the day for the Firearms section of the internets today

7. avatar Tom says:

When they destroyed a perfectly good Browning and injected all the soap opera drama, that was it for me. Same with American Gun after they destroyed a original Krag rifle.

1. avatar S.dogood says:

as much as i dont agree in sportering a krag it was at the request of the owner of the rifle

8. avatar former water walker says:

Anyone notice TMZ was the news source? Yep they’re believable. Not saying every word isn’t TRUE. BTW I quit watching Will & Co. a while back. Too much fake hillbilly angst…

1. avatar Dev says:

Oddly enough, while TMZ is mostly gossip mongering, they’re reporters do more actual journalism than the vast majority of “real” journalists out there. At least TMZ almost always double checks sources, since they are a nice target for a lawsuit if they report something falsely.

9. avatar 1911A1 says:

RJF is to the firearms industry as Huey and Edwin are to the “art” of Louisiana politics…and if you don’t know who Huey and Edwin are you ain’t from around here.

1. avatar SouthernPatriot says:

Don’t leave out good ole Uncle Earl! (and…The best politics money can buy!)

10. avatar Gunr says:

If your favorite shooting magazines start showing up with holes in them, you’ll know where they came from.

11. avatar Jon says:

So, does that mean William Hayden might be able to get his FFL back??

…funny, I think of Star Wars every time I hear the name “Hayden”……

“Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your guns…”
    “He told me enough… he told me you lost them!
    “No… I am your FFL.”

“Noooooooooooooooooo!”

1. avatar Ed Miller says:

Wow. *golf clap* lol

12. avatar BayouBoy says:

Born and raised in South Louisiana. I don’t care for this show. It is to over the top, in every way, from the guns they “build”, to the attitudes. Like anything filmed in Louisiana, I gave it a few chances. But honestly, I wasn’t aware it was still on T.V.

13. avatar FirearmConcierge says:

Dan – THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS CLASS 3 GEAR!

1. avatar Marcus says:

Listen, I am a stickler for proper nomenclature, but using “class 3” as a catch-all substitute term for any and all NFA restricted items has, over time, become common enough that I would not consider it to be something to get all hot and bothered about. It’s not anything like “I got this extendo for glocc nine”, or referring to a drum magazine as a “barrel clip”, or calling any telescoping-bolt machine pistol an Uzi.

14. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Probably a Fast and Furious Operation.

15. avatar Jason says:

Looking at the ATF site RJF has been run FFL’s held by other people since 2009. Even Vince held the FFL for RJF at one point.

16. avatar david says:

Yeah I was done with them after the season one episode about the m4 with shotgun and said it had never been done. Deff been done before and they deff aren’t original.

17. avatar C says:

Still a better track record at not losing shit than a lot of LE entities.

1. avatar Mighty Mo says:

Exactly what I was going to say. Will the ATF please take care of their own lost shit before they start bustin’ our asses?

2. Well said, they have a long way to go to catch up to the blood-soaked and perjury tainted legacy of the ATF.

18. avatar Travis P says:

Please tell me why I cant be trusted with a post 86 machine gun but these guys can?

19. avatar Paul53 says:

Tried to like the show, but the hot chick was the best part. These guys are to firearms as the 3 stooges are to, well, anything. IMHO

1. avatar Tom Collins says:

American Chopper and Sons of Guns both remind me of the Three Stooges…

20. avatar Quinn says:

I stopped watching when head douchebag said he’s never fired a M2 but was in the Marine Corps. Sorry buddy. You live in an alternate reality

21. I didn’t realize that stupid show was still on.

22. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

I don’t watch ANY reality shows EXCEPT Hardcore Pawn and that is because I want to see if Less Gold ever changes that white shirt he wears. The other show is Pawn Stars because I drive by there all the time. The rest of those idiotic reality shows couldn’t be any stupider. They are every bit as bad a sitcoms which almost make me PUKE like I ate a Hostess Fruit Pie.

1. avatar Mighty Mo says:

Mmmmm…….Hostess Fruit Pie!

1. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

Ewwwwwww gag me!

2. avatar Steve says:

Cops. The original reality show

3. avatar SouthernPatriot says:

Hubig’s needs to get back in business!

23. avatar Steve says:

I like how they do things that have been done before or are standard, and promote them on their show as new and revolutionary.

24. avatar Billy says:

I hated Sons of Guns when the drama began and they began making tactical bastardized versions of classic guns. American Guns was great… Until they destroyed a perfectly good classic 12G and created a monstrosity…$10,000 for a Colt Single Action Army? Even custom built… BS!

25. avatar Maestro says:

That show is utter scripted bullshit. The fakest “reality” I’ve ever seen. I really liked it at first but the more popular it got, the stupider it got.

26. avatar Southern Cross says:

I catch it on Foxtel, the local cable TV channel. Only to see what they will “Bubbarize” next and how much Tannerite they will use. I mean, the guy firing a water-cooled M2 WITHOUT water in the jacket almost made me cry.

27. avatar Taro Tsujimoto says:

The “American Choppers” of the gun world. Slack-jawed trash making crap for stupid people with money.

28. avatar Retired LEO says:

T.V. the legal mind control. Reality T.V. should be the illegal opiate of the masses. Big Brother, Honey Boo Boo, Cops & Kardashians. My wife started watching some of this idiotic nonsense with her Mother while I was working double shifts. I got new boxes blocked the programs. In a week she was happier, enjoying her job & real life. Since then its news, sports or a movie. No scripted reality in our house. Try doing away with the crap see if your life doesn’t improve.

29. avatar M1 Garand Lover says:

These idiots have also helped militarize the local Sheriff’s department. Machine guns and mortars on a river patrol boat? Are they after Col. Kurtz?

30. “Sources connected to RJF tell us some of the guns were leased from third parties, and when RJF’s shipment back to Baton Rouge got delayed … the owner of the weapons got pissed and snitched to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. We’re told the owner reported the guns as missing, and ATF agents sprung into action to locate the weapons — which are legal and licensed.”

Utter self-serving bullshit on the part of RJF and a venal, deliberate mischaracterization of what actually happened, the laws that govern such transactions, the duty to report lost/stolen weapons as well as the character of the man who is slandered as a “snitch.”

31. avatar Gs650g says:

When the Orange County chopper clowns got together with the rjf crew and shot up a classic Suzuki GS I switched them off.

32. avatar JDubs says:

“Weez strapped this here 12ga to the bottoms of an AR. Calls it thu Masta Key. Neva bin dun befoe….”

Except that even Knight’s Armament has had one in their catalogue for at least 10years.

33. avatar jimmyjames says:

They’re laughing all the way to the bank just like those knuckle dragging morons from Lizard Lick Towing just up the road from here.

34. Not really sure this is any form of “news”…more like the kind of spiteful, immature snark you see on Cracked.com or some other hipsterfag blog.

Shit gets lost in transit sometimes. Trade shows require shipping of lots of firearms to and from the Trade show/Convention venue.

Admittedly, you “don’t know the intricacies of the NFA” and shipping procedures so why hack out this POS blog post and instead STFU?

D.

1. avatar Hugh Glass says:

ya mad, brah? do you even sarc, brah?

35. avatar Arbuilder says:

I am amazed this cartoon is still on tv. I gave up on the show when Chris Ford aka Water head messed up on the shipping the AR to Vagas and threw Vince under the bus. He is an absolute brainless moron. I hope Will never turns a fast corner or it might break Chris neck. I only hope he and beaver face don’t breed.

36. avatar Joe says:

@ Quinn, while this is certainly NOT a reason to go out and watch a single episode of S.O.G. You should double check your facts. Not every Marine has fired a M-2 HB. Every class of Marines that rotate through SOI, be they Grunts or POG’s gets slightly different training. I was a Infantryman that saw combat and didnt fire the Ma Duece. I still know how to break one down, and set up including head space and time.