Bring the Heat – Attend a Moms Demand Action Grilling for Gun Sense BBQ Next Week!

grilling

What pairs better with some juicy barbecue than a little anti-gun agitprop? Shannon Watts’ Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America isn’t just for the estrogen-enhanced crowd. As the summer winds down, the Bloomberg owned and operated anti-gun org is trying to broaden their base by recruiting some testosterone-packed true believers to flip burgers to further their civilian disarmament campaign, too. “Join us for a week of Grilling for Gun Sense! From Saturday, August 23 to Saturday August 30th, our Dads chapter is preparing to host barbecues all over the country to raise awareness for our Gun Sense Voter (GSV) campaign.” . . .

So if you’re hungry and have a little time on your hands, look up the time and location of the GfGS event in your area. It could be great open carry opportunity (where legal, of course) and who doesn’t like free barbecue? At a minimum, we’re sure everyone in attendance would welcome the opportunity to hear a balanced, fact-based discussion of the fun and benefits of responsible gun ownership and armed self defense.

And if that banner above is any indication and you vote, you may just come away with a kiss, too!

[h/t Dirk Diggler]

comments

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

oh please tell me where the Indianapolis BBQ is gonna be. Worth the drive to get a kiss from Shannon. I will even bring my homemade peach jalepeno salsa.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I clicked on the link and didn’t find a single location in the Midwest. Bummer.

1. avatar gemalo says:

I clicked on the link too. Now I need to clean the virus(s) out of my PC. (j/k, but I do feel dirty after visiting their site.)

2. avatar Grumpy F'er says:

Will “millions” of members, they can only come up with 11 locations?

That’s some serious grass roots stuff right there.

3. avatar Andrew says:

There’s one in Bloomington, IN on the 29th.

2. avatar Gene says:

A kiss where?

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

🙂 the Diggler is ticklish in a certain spot. . . .

1. avatar Bernard says:

My shoulders are ticklish too.

3. avatar dwb says:

Only 10 locations listed on moms demand, none listed in Indy

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Awww…shucks, I live just an hour away.

2. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

patiently waiting. and hoping. maybe it will be at her house and John Watts, Jr. won’t get too mad. fingers crossed.

1. avatar Craig says:

How about we host a number of counter cook outs with fresh hunting kills! (right near them and all open carrying our firearms)

4. avatar James says:

We’re all pulling for you Dirk! I will keep my fingers crossed even though bbq and grilling seems too low brow and unsophisticated for an elite like Shannon. I guess times are tough all over if she is willing to mingle with the great unwashed.

2. avatar LC Judas says:

The number of women in these chapters is in the teens. So the number of men…would fit on two hands. Per chapter. How does this translate to some kind of cookout? Are they hiring cooks and party goers?

Or am I mistaken?

1. avatar Jolly Roger That says:

It could happen. How much would someone need to pay you to go to a barbecue for a while?

2. avatar Mediocrates says:

The camera angle and Shannon’s math will make it look like thousands.

3. avatar Mark says:

I’m guessing most of the guys that would support and take part in an event like this do so because their wives wear their nuts in a locket around their necks.

4. avatar Rusty Chains says:

Fifty million buys a boat load of takeout BBQ. Hell, if one was close to me I would let the bozo’s buy me lunch and then find a reporter and out myself by calling them part of the Bloomberg Astroturf.

3. We need to get our women to start their own group…. “Mom’s for Protecting Their Own Families with Guns”.

1. avatar WV Cycling says:

The comments on that facebook page will not sway anyone to move away from their anti-gunner status. They’re a bit too caustic for me. I cannot support the members of that group, regardless of how great the founding ideas are.

Random Comments:

“Adam Bortz – line em up and shoot them. start with the legs and work your way up……”

“Lakota Wolf – He should have ended the lil prick”

“Phil D’Agostino – Another Obama ass sucking piece of shit!! I’m leaving this communist state of New Jersey as soon as I can!! Just another ass fucking by the state of New Jersey! While you are at it raise our taxes and car insurances again!!!”

“Dick Bozo Day – With a hog face like his, I bet his mom was a sow ”

etc.

4. avatar Gunr says:

I’m wondering about that sign?? Says, “Kiss the gun sense voter” So who is that, Shannon!?
    And it says “We bring the heat” Are they talking about their armed protector folks?

1. avatar GoodGuyWithAGun says:

if it’s like any of their other events, they will have armed guards.

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Consisting of Larry, Moe , and Curly Joe; they are the funniest guys I know!

2. avatar dh34 says:

If they bring the usual hired guns, they’re going to need ALOT more food. Those boy’s Adonis-like physiques did not come from skipping meals.

5. avatar jwm says:

A bbq with armed security swarming the hosts and metal detectors doesn’t sound like fun to me. Maybe it should be done Texas style. Everybody bring their special bbq gun.

6. avatar Delmarva Chip says:

Hmmmm. There’s one on Delmarva, but it’s in Maryland, so I can’t open carry there. Dagnabit.

1. avatar Gene says:

Go to the one in Arlington, VA As long as it’s not at a prohibited location, OC where you like.

2. avatar JimmyDelta says:

Come hang out at the one in Arlington with me, brother.

1. avatar Delmarva Chip says:

Probably won’t be in the area at that time, but I’m around NoVA occasionally. Does the VCDL or anyone else have open carry gatherings in that area?

I’ve OC’d in Virginia occasionally – I do have a bunch of relatives who live all across the state.

1. avatar Dennis says:

Check out the Virginia site on OpenCarry.org. They have lots of events.

2. avatar Jus Bill says:

Hey Chip, you’re closer to this one:
          WORTON, MD
          August 23, 2014at 6pm

I looked it up – middle of nowhere in Kent County. It’s probably at the State Delegate’s house. Who needs directions – Worton couldn’t be that big…

I’ll bet you could hustle up a bunch of migrant workers on the way down. And the kidz from Bawldemore could swim across the bay to attend.

2. avatar Zack in MD says:

I’m thinking I might want to check out the Arlington event.

7. avatar JeffR says:

Maybe the BBQ event will be cancelled if David Clarke wins tonight? From a PR standpoint, if Bloomie can’t sway a local sheriff’s election in a Democratic stronghold, it would be a big hit to him. Here’s hoping he takes the hit.

8. avatar Alpo says:

The perfect opportunity to show off your BBQ gun?

9. avatar Mike says:

Less than eleven locations when I checked it. With an event listed for Tulsa twice (that must be a really active bunch in Tulsa). This would be laughable if it weren’t for the influence Bloomie is trying to buy by dumping his money into this anti-freedom tripe. If it weren’t for the money, this group would not viable. At all.

1. avatar Another Robert says:

Kind of like the WNBA I guess; my understanding is that they are subsidized by the NBA else they would have disappeared decades ago. But they limp along, drawing disproportionate attention from the media, playing before handfuls of true believers and kept afloat by large dollops of some billionaire’s money.

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

1) Diversity PR

2) Tax Credits and Losses (valuable for those in the 1%)

1. avatar Another Robert says:

Not surprisingly, I think you’re on to something there…

10. avatar mirgc says:

Perfect! Show up. Make a few friends with idol talk. spread some sugar around. And THEN let them know your a gun owner, what MDA should be doing about gun safety, etc.

11. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

Free food is free food. Hell, invite all of the undocumented day laborers you can find. And tell them to bring a few friends too

1. avatar WV Cycling says:

Dang, and I thought I was going to be able to post this before you got here:

“Dirk Diggler says:
      DATE AND TIME

I’ll grill S. Watts’ buns, and put some meat in between them” or something along the likes.

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

I suspect she likes her buns toasted and gently warmed. . . . but I digress. Back to the food.

I wonder if a NYC billionaire knows anything about good BBQ? We know New Yorkers don’t know anything about salsa.

2. avatar Rusty Chains says:

Dirk, I like your idea even better! Stop by the closest homeless shelter and offer a free ride in the back of my pickup to free BBQ and try to get the homeless folks to talk to the reporters the Bloombergettes will have invited! You may have even talked me into driving up to Tennessee to “help out.”

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

or stop by your local Boys/Girls Club and bring all of the “children” from the city out to enjoy the fresh air and fixins’ of suburbia. . . . . always fun to watch liberals have to walk the walk they talk so well

12. avatar LenP says:

I tried to find the location details for the one in Allentown, but it appears that these are all secret as none of the details could be found.

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

I saw that one too. No location, no phone number or e-mail to contact to find out. I’m all for free food, as are my buddies, all old fat white guys, probably wearing their NRA hats as we speak.

2. avatar bontai Joe says:

My Google-foo (which is pretty good) didn’t turn up any more info for Allentown. But as I was searching, I noticed that there is no real info on the New York City ones either. I’d get links, but after clicking on them, no mention of “Grilling for Gun sense”. I’m thinking it’s all make believe, or happening in the alternate universe of rainbows and unicorns.

13. avatar Eric says:

Hmmm…. Nothing here in th Gunshine State…. Shame…

1. Perhaps you could volunteer to host one?

14. avatar Alpo says:

LOL, I just looked through their prior events, saw this rousing success: https://www.facebook.com/events/930503620308394/

8 people in a city of 8 million

1. avatar Shawn says:

so million to 1 odds a someone in New York attended?

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

hey – if I still have a shot at Shannon, they have a shot at a real gathering

15. avatar Paul53 says:

Houston, too far from El Paso. Shame.

1. avatar Another Robert says:

They are actually having one in Texas that isn’t in Austin? I’m kind of mortified…

16. avatar T says:

Bland food with bland message, not interested.

17. avatar JAS says:

There is something know as BBQ guns or as “Court Gear”. Bet all my winnings that Bloomberg and Co. didn’t even know this was the case.

18. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Join Fathers Demand Firearms…we really bring the heat!

19. avatar Scrubula says:

Better concealed carry. Get some free food, buddy up with some anti gunners, then inform them you are packing.
    I would laugh.

1. avatar A-Rod says:

That is my plan for the Nashville event.

20. avatar dh34 says:

The Dad’s chapter of MDA hosting a BBQ….the biggest collection of weinies in America! And there’ll be a bunch of hot dogs too!

21. avatar "lee n. field" says:

Looks like there’s about ten of them in the whole country. Yawn.

22. avatar uncommon_sense says:

For over a year, I have been stating on this forum that the tide of public opinion has turned in our favor. Given the extremely low numbers of confirmed attendees for the upcoming barbecue, maybe everyone will start to believe me now.

And for all you naysayers, when a consensus of women on The View come out in favor of responsible firearms ownership, that is undeniable proof that WE ARE WINNING!

I know, the masses in California, New York City Metropolitan Statistical Area, Cook County Illinois, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Maryland have drank deeply from the Kool-aide bowl. Everywhere else it is a completely different story.

1. avatar Dennis says:

The thing about those b!tches is typical of all of the anti-gun liberals: Fine for me but not for thee. They are classic “Only Ones.”

2. avatar Jus Bill says:

In looking at the Maryland primary voting numbers, the reason that PGCO, MOCO and Baltimore City outshout the rest of the state is that the rest of the state is too damned lazy to carry their dead azzes down to their polling place. If we turn out in numbers in the Fall, Brown and Gansler are history.

And just when does the Rain Tax kick in?

23. avatar Model 31 says:

Hmm…picturing Shannon with brisket bits between her teeth….nope, the brisket doesn’t help at all.

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

hmmm. brisket

1. avatar Another Robert says:

I just had an awful thought. I will not inflict it on this august company.

1. avatar Model 31 says:

Her dragon onion breath?

2. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

someone liked it well enough to procreate with her. . . .

3. avatar Jus Bill says:

No Dirk, she metastasized and spawned.

24. avatar chuck (hates nj) says:

I can see how the conversation went with their husbands
    wife: honey you’re going to the MDA grilling for gun sense this weekend.
    Emasculated husband: but but I don’t wanna.
    Angry wife: YOU’RE GOING AND YOUR BALLS ARE STAYING IN MY PURSE!
    Emasculated husband: yes master.

25. avatar Quinn says:

HA. Stupid women. Everyone knows men do the grilling

26. avatar Braenen says:

Awww… man… no event scheduled for Atlanta.

27. avatar frc42 says:

You guys have it all wrong. Just sign up and volunteer to host a BBQ, or attend one if there’s something local. Have a BBQ on Bloomie’s dime. Bring many, many friends. Or advertise it in Craigslist, or in the shady parts of town. Oh the irony of the MDA loonies getting uncomfortable when the welfare class shows up for their free food. Note that it would be wrong to imply that $100 Walmart gift cards will be distributed.

If you go I’d suggest CC instead of OC – at least until your stomach is full.

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

you are on to something. Volunteer to host and get reimbursed from MDA for Everytown’s Civilian Disarmement with Illegal Mayors. find out who their paymaster is. get their bank check info. let’s take this viral and trace the $$$. oh and advertise like crazy so people show up and it becomes a pro gun rally

1. avatar Gene says:

Given it’s a public event, I don’t think they can boot people for carrying. I do, however, wonder if they can harass by calling the Police and suggesting they’re “afraid for their safety” because they “saw a gun” and play a falsified brandishing card.

1. avatar Jus Bill says:

Especially if everyone OCed a BB gun.

2. avatar Mister Fleas says:

I love your idea!

28. avatar Excedrine says:

Not going anyway. Could get leagues better BBQ right here in NC anyway.

29. avatar dcert says:

It shames me but I was kinda hopin thered be one somewhere here in socal… bein in the libby wunderland and all. I cant pass up free food >. <

30. avatar Chris Johnson says:

Not happening in Az. 🙁

Not really surprising since everybody here is pretty much pro gun. haha

31. avatar TheDabbo says:

They mean COOKOUT not BBQ! /rant off.
    (Unless they plan on slowly smoking pork and other meats). If I show up to the Nashville “BBQ” and get a burger instead of a pulled pork sandwich and/or ribs, I’m going to be pissed.

1. avatar A-Rod says:

Exactly! I plan on showing up to the Nashville event all CC style.

2. avatar Jim says:

Amen to that. People of that ilk seem to feel that scorching a hotdog on a gas grill is barbeque. I want a slab of ribs, or perhaps some brisket. Smoked for hours of course.

3. avatar Jus Bill says:

If they’re of the mindset I’m thinking of the meat isn’t the only thing they’ll be smoking…

32. avatar Jonathan - Houston says:

Woohoo! Houston date and time TBA, but it’s on the list! I am so there.

1. avatar Nick D says:

Heh, maybe I’ll meet you there, wherever it is. Shall we CC, or sling BBQ rifles on our backs?

33. avatar Noishkel says:

Road Trip. >,,>

34. avatar Fuque says:

Geez… no BBQ in the Redoubt area.. what gives???

35. avatar cigardog says:

I like meat…and I like MILFs…but no. Just no.

36. avatar Fuque says:

And Each dad pulling into the parking lot has his Magentas swinging proudly from the rear view mirror of the wifes mini van.

37. avatar DaveL says:

The “Dads” chapter of MDA? Quick, we’re going to need 4 whole pounds of ground round!

38. avatar Paco says:

Based on observing the comments on this forum for several years, my guess is that there is at least a few posters here that would feel very comfortable at this barbecue.

39. avatar Cameron B says:

how much vegan barbecue can on group order?

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

vegan barbeque? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh……. sorry, but I vomited a little in my mouth. (LOL)

40. avatar Sara says:

Glad there are so few of these events going on. We need moms with common sense, not moms with no common sense pretending gun sense makes sense. I challenge every one of these “moms for gun sense” to take a firearms course one day. I wish we lived in the world you think we do where no one needs to own a gun, but that just isn’t the case. When you have a problem with an intruder in your home, who do you call??? The police… aka, the people with guns, and hope the make it there before you’re beaten, raped, robbed, and murdered. Yup, your gun sense makes TOTAL sense…

41. avatar Paul says:

Didn’t see any in Jersey so I offered to host one for “common sense” gun laws. Lord knows that we need some common sense (read sanity) in the Garden State. If any of you guys want to join just let me know. I’m hoping we can snooker Shannon into letting us run a (false flag) event in NJ. Then, when the press shows up, we let fly our real colors!

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

If you are in north NJ and it isn’t during Labor Day weekend, I’d be interested in eating on Bloomy’s dime.

42. avatar soccerdad1150 says:

Interesting that they post date, time and city, ..but offer no link to the actual place to show up. Methinks they are astro turfing again. Please keep us informed if that changes, as there is one relatively close to me.

43. avatar DonFromCT says:

Wow. 11 whole events. Let’s see with ten attendees at each, minus the 5 pro gun infiltrators, that’s a whole 55 attendees.

yeah BRING ON THE HEAT.

44. avatar ShaunL. says:

Lebanon Junction, KY
    August 24, 2014 at 2pm…….

LMFAO!!!!!! If you’ve ever spent any time there(I have) you’d know this locale isn’t the best choice, or even a sane choice. Things there could get weird.

Check out the “demographics” section for population and such.

1. avatar ShaunL. says:

From the Wiki page…… Hunting and fishing are big diversions on the many tracts of private property, some of which have large ponds. There is also a public pay lake and the Rolling Fork of the Salt River with canoeing. There is a country-western dinner show, The Junction Jamboree, which features live entertainment and food. The town has one park and swimming pool. Additionally, the annual Old Fashion Days festival usually draws large crowds.

LOL!

2. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

this caught my eye in the demographics section:

There were 716 households out of which . . . . . . , 11.5% had a female householder with no husband present,

45. avatar Kevin says:

Funny not even one in all of new england area, that covers 7 states too. Come on i want to show them my NRA Shirt or Cold Dead Hands Shirt.

46. avatar JRM says:

Personally, I’m too old for Mom to cook for me or for Mom to tell me what to do with and in my life. Besides, Tofu barbeque? If they’re against guns, I’d bet they’re against hunting and eating meat.

47. avatar Chas says:

Hey, I’ll come help! I can grill a tasty burger!

Wonder if they’ll let me open carry my M&P 45?

48. avatar Paelorian says:

They bring the heat, we bring the heaters.