Austin Food Trucks at Texas International Firearms Festival [Sponsored Content]

052114_D7C_8006 copy

Hey Sharp Shots! Kirsten Joy Weiss here with an update on the Texas International Firearms Festival at Best of the West Shooting Sports in Austin, Texas on November 8 and 9. After you get done shooting guns from FN, GLOCK, Taurus, SIG SAUER, Mossberg, Barrett, Beretta, McMillan Firearms, Henry Repeating Arms, Springfield Armory, ArmaLite, PWS, Underground Tactical and Tracking Point; after you sample suppressors from SilencerCo and The Silencer Shop; after you let loose with a SlideFire bump stock; after you test new ammo from Winchester, or before, you might want some food. The best of Austin’s legendary food trucks will be there! Specifically, Burro Cheese Kitchen, MMMpenadas, Stony’s Pizza, Schmidt’s BBQ (with their 30′ smoker), The Evil Wiener (keep it clean guys) and Fishey Bizness. No alcohol, of course, but plenty of water and a shady tent where you can kick back and listen to the sound of lead clank on metal. Bliss! Tickets are strictly limited to 5k per day. Click here before they’re gone.

comments

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

KJW, Austin’s food trucks are awesome. Is that 30′ smoker you mention the one that shows up at the F1 track on a tractor trailer and sells smoked legs from monster turkeys, etc? I’m thinkin’ I may have to come.

1. avatar Kirsten says:

Larry,

Its the best BBQ I’ve had in my life. And I’ve lived in the South for a bit. But you’ll have to be the judge of the BBQ when you come 😉

1. avatar Stinkeye says:

There’s a little place in McMahan (about ten miles from Lockhart) called R&G Barbecue. Go out there, and you might end up with a new #1 on your list. Get the brisket, and even if you’re not a BBQ sauce person, try the sauce. Best dang BBQ sauce in Texas.

2. avatar DrVino says:

Who is sponsoring the pre-moistened de-greasing wipes?

3. avatar Gunr says:

What kind of pizza? If it’s pepperoni I’m gonna call and see if they deliver to Oregon, and some extra for Tom!

4. avatar Taylor TX says:

Damn I want to goto this. Maybe an ATX road trip in the makings.

5. avatar markemark says:

Any idea who makes the lever action Kirsten is holding in the picture? I’ve always been fond of them and this one is especially nice looking.

1. avatar Tyler Kee says:

Grizzly Customs Marlin with a stock made from reclaimed wood that had been underwater for ~150 years.

1. avatar Missouri Josh says:

I’m a Winchester man, gentleman (model 94 or bust), but I’ll be damned if that ain’t a good looking lever action.

The cutie taking shots with it doesn’t hurt its marketing successes, either. 🙂

Only had one Marlin- my model 60 (if I recall correctly?) in .22LR. Never ending jams with that thing. In fact, it was sooo reliable, that when I moved out of my childhood home, well I just left it in the damned closet.

It’s still in that same closet in my mother’s house to this day. And that’s where that old bastard will stay.

2. avatar markemark says:

Crap! Never heard of Grizzly Customs till just now…this could cause a serious drain on my “gun money” envelope in the safe. 🙁

2. avatar SteveInCO says:

Oh, yeah, there IS a lever action in that picture!

6. avatar Great Scot says:

Damnit, I sigh whenever I see a post about this because I know I can’t be there and I know that there’s going to be a pic of Kirsten to make me even more jealous. *Sigh*

7. avatar Joe R. says:

Sucks when you feel too old to call her gorgeous, but. . . Weiss is a cutie. Bring on the pics of matronly armed women, I’ll wait and sulk.

Good on the food-truck thing. Hungry armed people bad (proven every day in Africa and N. Korea).

1. avatar Gunr says:

Whats the most dangerous job in North Korea?
      Riding shotgun on a garbage truck!
      Yeah I know, the original was Italian.

2. avatar Gunr says:

Joe,
      Just how old are you?
      I’m in my 70’s, pushing the hell out of 80, and I NEVER feel to old to call a sharp looking woman “gorgeous”

8. avatar Broken 3ight says:

Its gonna be a long 4ish months.

9. avatar whispershot says:

There are not many things hotter than a beautiful woman holding a beautiful gun! Oh … this article is about the food trucks … yeah, I’ll bet that’s going to be some great food or whatever.