Rahm Emanuel Hates The Truth About Guns!

c87795c6-58de-4101-8d93-107108679e44

That’s a badge of honor we’d wear with particular pride. Well, we would, but The Godfather probably hasn’t read many of our gun reviews, let alone some of the fan mail we’ve written for his feckless police commissioner. Anyway, that’s the title of this article by Katie Kieffer running at townhall.com. It’s yet another takedown of Hizzoner’s latest brainstorm, the one he says will finally strike a blow against the city’s horrific crime problem. You may have read about it here already — more roadblocks thrown up to discourage gun retailers from doing business and, you know, selling guns to law abiding residents in the City of Big Shoulders. Because that will keep guns out of gangbangers’ and other criminals’ hands. So…more of the same. But you knew that.

comments

1. avatar Full Cleveland says:

Come on TTAG. Let’s proceed with setting up a gun store in Chitown. It’ll be fun!

1. avatar Gene says:

They could use that high speed camera to videotape the sale

1. avatar John says:

I can only imagine that watching a customer waiting for a NICS check at 10,000 FPS might qualify for the most boring experience ever.

2. avatar John L. says:

I wonder if there are enough readers here who’d be willing to crowdsource a Chicago gun store.

If so, as a former Chicagoland resident, I’d seriously consider pitching in in the 100-1000 range.

A suggested name: Chicago Violin Company.

1. avatar Bernard says:

Or Chicago Typewriter Company. Or Chicago Piano.

1. avatar Rusty Shackleford says:

How about: “Chicago Typewriter and Violin Case Co.”

2. avatar Bud says:

That’s a classic

I enjoy posting pictures of City of Chicago checks signed by Rahm Emanuel and made out to the NRA and SAF

When you’re bored read the Second City Cop blog:

or HeyJackass! at

to read experts at ridiculing Rahm Emmanuel (Tiny Dancer) and his Police Commissioner (McStreetLights)

1. avatar John L. says:

I love HeyJackass!

Some of those graphics would be hilarious if they weren’t serious. (Number of men “shot in the junk” just makes me cringe, however….)

1. Thanks for the love.

It’s cringe-worthy when making updates to the shot-in-the-junk-o-meter. Thankfully more people get shot in the ass instead.

2. avatar Jus Bill says:

I read SCC every morning.

1. avatar Clem says:

I read it before I get out of bed every morning. I believe the announcement that Chicago (which is taking on water and) is starting to list to starboard will be made there.

3. avatar Danny Griffin says:

Rahm should get a law passed making crime illegal.

4. avatar Dev says:

The Prince of Chicago hates the truth about anything.

5. avatar Greg in Allston says:

Chicago; the blue model ship on the first class journey to Perdition. When Chicago finally implodes on the treacherous shoals of fiscal reality, it will make Detroit look like Mad Max’s Disneyland. Please pass the sweet and sour shrimp.

6. avatar Excedrine says:

This is my surprised face.

7. avatar T says:

Rahm hates the truth because it exposes his true self. Not at all surprised.

Tiny Dancer hates anything that he doesn’t control. If he’s not the world’s most egocentric excuse for a human being, he’s in the top five.

1. avatar Gene says:

Probably has an interpretive dance celebrating himself, too.

2. avatar Rusty Shackleford says:

You should read about the exploits of his brother.

3. avatar bontai Joe says:

Worse than former NY mayor Bloomberg? And I often wonder where these guys went to “mayor” school? Seems like they perceive themselves as crown princes instead of being servants of the people.

9. avatar William Burke says:

Rahm has a huge fan following here at The Truth about Gun Skittishness!

10. avatar Jm R says:

We aren’t exactly his biggest fans either.

11. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Robert,
    Shouldn’t you send a note about capitalizing the name correctly? Or at least telling them to link to your site?

12. avatar Mark Lloyd says:

Having done nothing more than fly to Chicago and drive back once, and then drive though Chicago on my way east, I can only convey this random thought, “what a shit hole” The other thought; “if they start nuclear war, nuke that place first”

1. avatar KCK says:

Being from SE Wisconsin, don’t drag us into it.

13. avatar S.CROCK says:

All TTAG haters should be your motivators. It means the web site is doing something right.

14. avatar Nighthawk says:

I wonder how Rahm is going to address all those “open carry demonstrators” in Chicago’s South Side.

1. avatar Jus Bill says:

You mean the ones that only come out after dark?

15. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

Funny – I haven’t seen Shannon hosting any MDA rallies on the south side. Rahm should encourage her to come. For the children(TM).

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

I’d pay money to watch her walk around the south side of Chicago, say from 35th and Michigan to 42nd and Michigan. Hey, it’s only seven blocks, what could happen? He He He He…..

1. avatar Jus Bill says:

Is that a “Safe Passage” Zone? That would be totally ironic.

16. avatar vactor says:

we can call it “”Alphonse’s, Secondhand Furniture, 2220 South Wabash Avenue”

17. avatar Ardent says:

I wonder if perhaps it hasn’t occurred to The Godfather that the subjects of his city could simply use their right of travel and go somewhere else, buy a gun, and bring it back. I really wonder, anytime I buy a gun, new or used, it’s only an art object until I see it shoot and feed for a bit, so a day trip is pretty common when I buy a gun, the shop, the camaraderie, then the range. Then again I’m the sort of weirdo who spends 6 hours in a gun shop and then goes to dinner with the owners and principle employees. (No really, that’s what I did tonight, but in was in pursuit of a business deal, so not too weird, right?)

1. avatar Nighthawk says:

It’d only be weird if you wined and dined them to secure a Hi-Point for the “right price”.

18. avatar Former Water Walker says:

Well since Emanuel means”God with us” maybe rahm thinks he’s a tiny little god. BTW I live a bit south of Chicago and I do not think it would be worth the extraordinary BS involved in establishing a gun store or range.

19. avatar Frank Masotti says:

Having Rahm hate TTAG is a feather in your cap. 🙂

20. avatar GuntotinDem says:

Il Doge was sitting at my desk a few weeks ago when I came to work early. I politely asked him to leave. He’s shorter than I thought.

Perhaps we could send all the gun stores betamax recorders that way they have the tape but no one could ever see it.