Die iMac Die! iMac vs 20mm Anti-Tank Rifle

Not much needs saying here, save the fact that my iMac’s been slowly going slower since Steve Jobs kicked the bucket. Oh and this comment under Rated RR’s video: “In next weeks episode: Watch RatedRR attempt to explain to an Apple Genius what happened.” Specifically, why the 20mm shell didn’t vaporize Cupertino’s finest.

comments

1. If you give him a cowboy hat, change that 20mm to a 1911, and have him put nine shots into the laptop, then you’ll have a viral video.

1. avatar SigGuy says:

How do you define a viral video? This was posted two days ago and has nearly 300,000 views.

2. avatar Noishkel says:

Stop showing videos of stuff I can’t have! 😛

1. avatar Model 31 says:

You don’t need a background check to get an iMac.

1. avatar Nicks87 says:

Not yet anyway.

3. avatar Logan says:

Anybody have a suggestion for another gun site that focuses more on fun stuff like this, and gun/product reviews as a majority of their content rather than political coverage. I like TTAG, but sometimes I just want dumb fun (like above) without seeing hate speech on either side of the gun debate.

My analogy: I’m looking for a gun coverage site that would be like a car site that covers the new releases and reviews, rather than a car site that focuses on the business end of the car industry.

Thanks in advance for any further reading suggestions to supplement my time on TTAG!

1. avatar Dracon1201 says:

I also read TheFirearmblog.com and Everydaynodaysoff.com. Those focus more on entertainment. I still come here for everything else.

1. avatar Logan says:

Thanks for the info! Exactly what I was looking for! Pretty sure ENDO’s going to be in my regular rotation now.

1. avatar Zach says:

I love ENDO mostly because he talks shit about everyone with out holding back.

2. avatar Rich Grise says:

If you just like to see stuff get blown away, just poke around youtube.

4. avatar JohnO says:

I can remember mail-order ads for these things in the backs of hunting mags. Seem to remember they were fairly cheap.

5. avatar Spectre_USA says:

That is a spendy day of shooting!

Apple crap isn’t exactly inexpensive, and a pair of $40 rounds is way out of my fun budget.

Thanks for “biting the bullet” and posting the slo-mo for us folks that cannot hope to afford it.

6. avatar PhoenixNFA says:

@logan

Everydaynodaysoff.com

“Endo” for short. Mike chooses to be a bit more lighthearted and almost no reviews. Mattv2099 stuff, CarnikCon stuff, and some others are regulars on there. Check it out.

7. avatar Pwrserge says:

What do these guys have against macs? There are other things I would much rather see explode… (Like the average Dell latitude corporate notebook.)

1. avatar Spectre_USA says:

Dell Latitudes? I’ve done that a half dozen times, just never filmed it.
      The old GX-620 desktops were particularly satisfying, I hasten to add…

8. avatar William Burke says:

The problem is, since Jobs died, or maybe just before, Apple stopped paying much mind to the system software. Mountain Lion was frustration, and the newest, Mavericks, is even worse.

Every day, almost, I have to shut down, start up with the command to “zap” the PRAM, and occasionally run the Disc Repair, because the disc permissions are routinely altered – by everyday activities.

For instance, every time I run DU, the same printer permissions file is set to an incorrect number; I don’t even own or USE a printer! Yet this file is seemingly INSTANTLY mistakenly numbered by the first activity of the day. And so the problems build, for something I don’t even own, or use!

So yeah. “Insanely great” has become “frustratingly sorta okay, sometimes”.

1. avatar Pwrserge says:

Honestly, comparing to the daily headaches I get from my latitude at work, that sounds like a dream. I have not rebooted my Mac Pro in almost four months and have never had an issue.

2. avatar JasonM says:

The biggest issue I have with Mavericks is that sometimes I have to manually unmount and remount the firewire raid array I have on my iMac, so that my MacBook Pro can remount it for Time Machine access.
      …and the well known mail issue. They really need to #∪¢ϰing fix that one!

9. avatar Chris says:

Henry Bowman approves….

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Excellent reference.
      Well done.

10. avatar JasonM says:

The coming soon showed a new Mac Pro ($3000 base price). The iMac he toasted looked like a 27″ that is less than four years old (probably still worth $800 or more).
    So I have to ask: do these videos generate that much in revenue? Or does he just like wasting money?

I don’t mean to imply that I don’t like the videos; I do. I was really impressed by how I could see the gas pressure escaping the barrel behind the bullet. I’m just curious about the shooting expensive stuff concept. I’d enjoy the video just as much if he shot a $20 10 year old CRT TV.

11. avatar PhoenixNFA says:

No, the videos do not generate that much revenue.

It’s kind of a tongue in cheek reference to first day unboxings and teardowns but with a gun-flavor added.

12. avatar KCK says:

Is this one of the guns Disney did a army training cartoon for?
    I think it is the Boys

13. avatar Martin B says:

Aaaargh!! That iMac is YEARS younger than my one! I have a 2006 build that STILL WORKS! I have had problems with Safari slowing annoyingly this year (after looking at online shoe buying web sites), but I clear history, and I get my normal zippy speed back. iMacs don’t die, that just do less stuff than new ones. But cool to see anti aircraft rounds at work. Any explosive rounds to try?

14. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Love the slo-mo!!!!
    The deflection of the round just a foot after exiting. Wow.

15. avatar Rick says:

You killed a Mac! You, you, Gates supporter, you!