Joni Ernst’s Latest Ad Hits Closer to the Bullseye

Iowa Senate candidate Joni Ernst garnered some attention with her “Squeal” campaign commercial touting her political pork-cutting bona fides by pointing out that she grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm. Her latest less cringe-inducing promo features her riding a Harley, hints that she packs heat and shows her perforating some paper at an indoor range while promising she’ll “unload” on ObamaCare. Let’s just hope her demonstration of firearms proficiency portends better things than formerly A-rated Joe Manchin’s did.

comments

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Simple withdrawal from constant lies and unconstitutional attacks is an improvement for most Dems.

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

Yup, I don’t like them dems, but watching them stray farther away from our Guns is great to watch.

2. avatar Knuckls says:

I second that emotion.

3. avatar dan543 says:

+1 for the 3rd Generation S&W! (I think).

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

that’s why I have 4 of them !!!

4. avatar Accur81 says:

She’d get my vote. Oh, wait, no voter ID? Maybe she will get my vote. Best wishes from sunny SoCal.

5. She’s got my vote, or would, if I could vote for her.

6. avatar 45acp says:

Nice to see that semi-old school S&W.

It looks like she’s right-handed and left-eye dominant.

1. avatar William Burke says:

She seems a bit untrustworthy, to me. I’d be happy to be wrong, though.

1. avatar Rick Burkemper says:

So Sherlock, how do you come to that conclusion with 31 seconds of exposure?

1. Just remember Burke is the same guy who says ALL policemen lie all the time.

Consider the source.

2. avatar doesky2 says:

Re:… ALL policemen…..

Jeez…rake the guy over the coals for being off by a few %

8. avatar William Foley says:

Nice, except for the tes cupping.

9. avatar Another Robert says:

Dem or Repub? (and for national office, yes it does make a difference–still haven’t been shown otherwise).

1. avatar Chris from Iowa says:

Republican

10. avatar Steve Lo Vullo says:

I like her, but scrap the tea cup!

1. avatar dwb says:

Why? It’s working for her. Don’t we have enough 2nd amendment nannies demanding action that you have to be the teacup police?

2. avatar William Burke says:

Please tell us what you have invested in the way she shoots.

3. avatar Chris from Iowa says:

Just means she is probably a classically trained wheelgun shooter that went with an automatic because it looked cooler on the commercial.

11. avatar Jon in CO says:

The question is whether or not she actually backs up what she says. Witty campaign ad nonetheless.

1. avatar TheBear says:

Yup. I showed this ad to my girlfriend and she said it spoke to her as a woman too.

I for one would enjoy if more more women would stop talking about breaking molds and actually do it as this gal seems to be doing.

12. avatar JasonM says:

Based on the way she loads, and that grip that’s too low on the beavertail, I doubt she’s a regular pistol shooter.
    But she’s still orders of magnitude better than our senators: Patty Murray (GOA: F) and Maria Cantwell (GOA: F).

13. avatar El Mac says:

Get some training for pete’s sake.

1. avatar ST says:

I remember a certain guy from Top Shot who won a match-and the show, eventually-while shooting with the teacup grip.

Lets can the elitst BS, eh?

14. avatar Bob in Washington says:

Nice try lady, I give her points for trying. Murray and Cantwell manage to keep getting elected and all I get is form letter replies from the both. They are as anti-gun as you can get.

15. avatar Rick Burkemper says:

So what if she doesn’t shoot like Kirsten Joy Weiss?!? Give the lady a break. I thought the commercial was unique and very appealing. She’s a Mid-West born & raised conservative who is obviously not a member of the OFWG club. As a state senator and an officer in the National Guard (O-5) I think she’s got a lot to offer. As an Iowan I think she could be a breath of fresh air in the Senate. Oh, and she’s all about the 2nd Amendment, has her CCW permit, and has an “A” rating from the NRA.

1. avatar KMc says:

She has my vote, her home town of Red Oak is a short drive away. And she will be a much better Senator than her predecessor, Tom Harkin. The smartest thing he ever did was retire. Go, Joni!

16. avatar Farpoint7 says:

I hope she wins BIG and I also hope we can get a candidate like that here in California someday soon.

17. avatar Lfshtr says:

The last democrats in office was Kennedy, after him they are all liberals. Hate to tag it that way, what it is, is what it is. My mama was a demo, but she is now Republican/conservative, heck yes.

18. avatar Mike says:

Great ad. I can vote in this primary. Tough call, I like what I hear from Whitaker too.

19. avatar Don from CT says:

oh my god sweetheart. Watching her remove that gun from the case, rack the slide with the wrong hand, and then fire it with the beavertail an inch above the web of her hand was enough to make me scream.

1. avatar TheBear says:

Try focusing on the fact she’s shooting a “scary” pistol in a public ad more than your elitist bullshit.

Fact is I can probably outshoot the vast majority of people who post here- I should hope so having been able to put so much ammo downrange on the government dime.

Ask yourself why I and people like me who have posted in this thread have not seen fit to call the things out that you seem to have such a problem with. 🙂

1. avatar Rick Burkemper says:

20. avatar mike says:

Thats a wig, right.

1. avatar Chris from Iowa says:

It is a military regulation haircut.

“Ernst has served a combined 21 years in the United States Army Reserves and the Iowa Army National Guard. She spent 14 months mobilized and overseas in Kuwait from 2003-2004 as a company commander at the start of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Her unit was responsible for running logistical convoys in Kuwait and into southern Iraq. A Lieutenant Colonel, Ernst currently commands the largest battalion in the Iowa Army National Guard.”

1. avatar Claire Millar says:

It’s a wig!

21. avatar Cyrano says:

She is a Guardsman (has had firearms training, maybe not the best in handguns but tea cupping is an accepted grip) and a conservative. The interviews she has given on the radio with our local no holds barred, no spin Radio personality has shown her to be a promising 2nd Amendment candidate.
    She has done two interviews, I only found the first one.