NRA Response to Facebook Policy Damp Squib

(courtesy nraila.org)

Huzzah! The National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action has responded to a gun control-related event on the same day that said gun control-related event occurred. Has the fast-acting Gun Owners of America GOAded America’s oldest civil rights organization into losing its sloth-like PR process? We shall see. But I like it!

The NRA enjoys 150 times more support on Facebook than Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns. That’s why Bloomberg and the gun control groups he funds tried to pressure Facebook into shutting down discussion of Second Amendment issues on its social media platforms. Bloomberg failed. NRA members and our supporters will continue to have a platform to exercise their First Amendment rights in support of their Second Amendment freedoms. – Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA Institute for Legislative Action.

comments

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Hey, responded on the same day AND it didn’t say something stupid about video games. This is a very positive step!

1. avatar Citizen says:

“AND it didn’t say something stupid about video games.”

Amen here. I sent them a strongly worded note regarding not cutting down the 1st amendment to defend the 2nd after their last snafu.

It was almost enough to make me cut my membership, but not quite.

2. avatar Nick says:

Buh buh buh MUH EVIL VIDYA GAMES, GAY MARRIAGE MEANS THE TERRORISTS WIN, ABORTION IS LIKE GENOCIDE, REEEEEFER MADNESS!!!

1. avatar Matt in TX says:

I like Nick, he silly!

2. avatar ThomasR says:

55,772,015 abortions since Roe versus Wade was passed.

Genocide? “The deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, cultural, or political group” (Webster Dictionary.)

I don’t think a bunch of mothers deciding voluntarily to murder their own unborn child would fit the definition.

But I’m probably just being anal about proper word usage trying to describe an absolute abomination.

1. avatar Dave says:

Especially since “murder” and “child” aren’t proper word usage either…

Or “abomination” for that matter.

2. avatar Duke of Sharon says:

Thanks for setting him straight Dave. We all know that killing Jews is not “murder.” Further, a young Jew is called a piglet, not a “child.” Finally, it’s not an “abomination” it’s a civic duty.

. . . wait, . . . what were you talking about?

3. avatar ThomasR says:

You show Dave why genocide and mass murder is so common in history up to the present moment. A human being is dehumanized; (fetus) and so to end it’s life is not murder; it,s simply a “choice’.

Just apply this process to those that have survived the womb; viola! Generalized mass murder and those that commit these acts feel justified.

3. avatar Gyufygy says:

Holy guacamole, you are correct. Perhaps they are leaving the esteemed company of Hillary when it comes to video games.

2. avatar Citizen says:

“The NRA enjoys 150 times more support on Facebook than Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns.”

Burn. I actually like the snark in the whole comment.

1. avatar Racer88 says:

I would have expected an even higher number than 150.

1. avatar Citizen says:

Frankly, I had to quit facebook because of all the anti-2a stuff after sandy hook, so even a “mere” 150x is shocking to me.

2. avatar PeterK says:

Yeah, it’s pretty great. I’ma have to join up if they keep this up.

3. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

OMG!! Let me put my shocked face on!!!

4. avatar DrVino says:

He brought it and they’ve been served.
    Apparently, it is now on.

1. avatar Puyallup devil doc says:

“Oh, its been broughten..”

1. avatar DrVino says:

Dance off!!!!!

2. avatar peirsonb says:

He brought it, set it down on the table, and opened it…

5. avatar JTPhilly says:

Nice. I like the little bit of attitude in it.

6. avatar ropingdown says:

I couldn’t have hurt our cause that Mark Zuckerberg enjoyed learning to shoot and butcher his own food for a year, just to get close to the experience from which urban people have become alienated.

Next thing we hear, MZ will be a person who takes responsibility for his own safety and that of his wife. I wouldn’t be the least surprised.

1. avatar DrVino says:

Well, he’s in the SF area, but he IS wealthy enough to buy the town and all the people in it, so it could happen….

2. avatar Gene says:

I had completely forgotten about that. Good point.

7. avatar Accur81 says:

Has this world gone crazy that CA is getting more gun friendly and the NRA is responding (with a righteous burn) in a timely manner to anti-gun rhetoric?

1. avatar rlc2 says:

No. Not crazy. A sea change underway and I suspect whole legions of former democratic voters are feeling it too.

Nicely done Mr Cox af NRA. Reminds me time to renew my membership.

8. avatar Tim Krahling, Sr. says:

To tell you the truth, I’m more than a little disgusted at the straws we’ve been grabbing at lately and calling them victories.

Ah, so you work for the Brady Campaign.

1. avatar Ardent says:

Oh! Get that man some ointment because Ralph just burned him!

9. avatar Jus Bill says:

Those straws are being woven into a fine fabric of anti-2A fail.

10. avatar 2hotel9 says:

I love how all the “news” a$$holes are screeching endlessly without end that FB has caved and removed all posts about guns. What a bunch of stupid f**ks.

11. avatar Raul Ybarra says:

Actually, I found the wording of the FB policy interesting. “…advice offered by…” Offered, not sought out. The “thank you” is basically the list of groups that have been nagging FB. It’s not much more than a pat on the head so they’ll go away without anything actually changing.

At the end of the day, the so-called policy change is nothing more than a reminder to “keep it legal guys” and at most something to give them some liability protection. What is so funny is the MDA/MAIG spinning of this. The extent of delusion in their comments are more commonly associated with the need for psychiatric care.

What would be fun, though, would be for people to contact Facebook and ask if the company is officially signing on to the MDA agenda like the press releases imply. I wonder how Mom’s would respond if Facebook actually repudiated the claims?