What is it with civilian disarmament advocates and false claims of victory? Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America (a wholly owned subsidiary of Mayors Against Illegal Guns) proclaimed success when Starbucks issued a letter asking customers to leave their gats at home – a request entirely without force of law. More recently, Shannon Watts’ mob took credit for the removal of a pro-gun billboard in Chicago – when the ad’s lease had simply expired. And now that Americans for
The Final Responsible Solutions reckons it’s a victory because they carved-out campus carry from Georgia’s pro-gun legislative package. Wrong. The bills that are due to be signed by the Governor will . . .
– Remove fingerprinting for renewal of Georgia Weapons Licenses (GWLs)
– Remove the total restrictions on GWL holders legally carrying a firearm in churches and bars, leaving this decision to private property owners.
– Allow GWL holders to carry in non-secure government buildings
– Prohibit the state from creating and maintaining a database of GWL holders.
– Prohibit a ban on firearms in public housing, ensuring that the right to self-defense should not be infringed based on where one calls home.
– Codify the ability to legally carry, with a GWL, in sterile areas of airports.
– Lower the age to obtain a concealed GWL 21 to 18 for active duty military, with specific training.
– Allow for the use of firearm sound suppressors while hunting.
– Create an absolute defense for the legal use of deadly force in the face of a violent attack regardless of where you are.
– Remove the portion that allows the governor to restrict law-abiding gun owners from carrying their firearms during a declared emergency by executive order through Emergency Powers protection.
– Include a provision that would have the state report those persons who have been involuntarily hospitalized or have been adjudicated mentally deficient to the NICS system while also providing an ability for relief through an application process to the court system for the purpose of restoration of rights.
– Strengthen current firearms preemption statutes through further clarification of the regulatory authority of local governments, excluding firearm discharge ordinances.
– Repeal unnecessary state-required license for a firearms dealer, instead requiring only a Federal Firearms License (FFL).
I score that a solid win for firearms freedom and utter fail for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and their paymasters (Mayors Against Illegal Guns), Americans for Responsible Solutions and any and all other civilian disarmament proponents in the Peach State and beyond. And hey, look at this:
Georgians who carry firearms are “gun offenders.” The above images are incendiary to those who cherish their natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, but it’s hard to get worked-up about losers claiming victory when you’re winning. If you know what I mean. [h/t georgiacarry.org]