The Never-Empty Double Gun…lolwut?

NEDG-Double-Glock-Conversion-Kit-cutaway

One of my friends recently stumbled across this website, where the proprietors are looking to introduce a unique and interesting new firearm — a double-GLOCK SBR. The patent pending concept is to shove two plastic wunderguns into the same housing so that if one gun runs dry, you still have a second one at your disposal while you reload the first. I suppose there could be some utility there, but all I could think of was . . .

rphhSPF

I do have one question, though.

If you add a stock to a GLOCK, it instantly becomes a “short barreled rifle” and requires registration under the National Firearms Act. If you already have one GLOCK registered as an SBR and you add another one to this contraption, does that second receiver need to be registered, too? I’m not entirely sure myself, but I’m pretty sure the answer is yes.

comments

1. Glocks glocking Glocks.

2. avatar PGT says:

why stop at two?

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

After that, most of us run out of trigger fingers.

2. avatar theboi says:

add a third barrel and make it a bull-pup bam 3 Glocks

3. avatar Clay says:

Oh no! they are going down the road that Gillette went down with razors. The double barreled AR-15 is bad enough. Please stop this insanity, before we get the Glock star with five ten round Glocks attached to each other.

3. avatar imrambi says:

Add a collapsible stock and this will be a Feinstein nightmare!

1. avatar Roscoe says:

And a new type of “ghost gun” for Kevin de Leon to rail against.
      Why, just look at the picture; it has ‘ghost’ all over it.

1. avatar Dave says:

Yeah, but when you multiply it by two it is capable of firing 900,000,000 clips per second!

1. avatar Roscoe says:

‘zactly!

4. To be fair, from their website the idea is to allow the weapon to still be ‘ready to fire’ while the user is clearing a jam or other malfunction from one of the two fire-systems.

Not necessarily a horrible idea, but one that can be more easily solved with a backup weapon.

1. avatar Guy says:

It’s the same logic that led Blackbeard to carry a half-dozen flint-lock pistols at a time, Billy the Kid to carry two revolvers, and… someone smarter to invent removable magazines.

If you’re in so much trouble that you have a spare mag, but you don’t have time to run toward cover and reload, having a second GLOCK brand GLOCK probably won’t help much.

5. avatar EricV says:

Couldn’t you just take the stock off and add a single point sling so you wouldn’t have to register either and still rock 2 Glocks at once?

1. avatar Sam Spade says:

Instead of a one-point sling, why not hook the ends of the sling together and make a belt? Then hang Glocks on it every few inches. Is having belt-fed Glocks illegal?

6. avatar Chris says:

That design is a bit odd however their Carbine mod for the glock is not bad looking.

1. avatar Chuck (hates nj) says:

Looking at their products page I realised that fugly contraption is a carbine kit and a pistol kit combined. Im guessing they us the rail on the pistol kit to attach it to the the bottom of the carbine kit.

7. It’s like this:

THEM: “Wow, we have this GREAT idea!, It’s not like we ever learned much of anything about guns or whatever-n-stuff, but it’s a GREAT idea”

YOU: “Seriously? What is the practical benefit of …”

THEM: “You never run out of bullets! COOL idea, GREAT right?”

YOU: “Errr … why not just shoot two handguns?”

THEM: “This is a rifle”

YOU: “It shoots a pistol caliber cartridge, so …”

THEM: “Exactly, EVERYONE knows rifles are more powerful than handguns!”

YOU: “That’s not exactly true. You’re shooting a pistol caliber so … ”

THEM: “Well we read it in a book”

1. avatar Austin says:

While I think that the idea for this weapon system is a silly one, you’re wrong on two points. First of all, pistol calibers out of longer barrels generally means more velocity. How much more will vary, but it’s almost always “more power”. Maybe that’s just semantics, but it’s technically a fact. It’s unclear whether this thing actually allows for a longer barrel to be installed, so that may be a moot point in this case, but pistol caliber carbines do, as a general rule, have “more power” (if the barrel is longer).

Secondly, a rifle is inherently more accurate, because it’s longer, meaning more mass, and therefore subject to Newton’s first law, keeping the mass ‘at rest’; has a longer sight radius; and has 4 points of contact (cheek, shoulder, two hands) vs the two that you get from just two hands.

Rifles are ALWAYS a better fighting tool than a pistol–unless, maybe, you’re rolling around in the dirt with an opponent–even if they’re firing the exact same round as an alternative pistol.

8. avatar Jonathan K says:

Ha, they made their design in about 30 seconds on pimp my gun.

1. avatar Frank says:

I saw that as well. Which makes the use of the Xzibit meme even more apropos, But hey, at least they acknowledge it on their webpage.

9. avatar lolinski says:

And you called dual-wielding silly.

10. avatar MiketheHopsFarmer says:

Double glock? Now I’m going to have Bone Thugs-n-Harmony stuck in my head the rest of the day! Ah my misspent youth. Need to listen to E. 1999 Eternal when I get home!

1. avatar Chuck in IL says:

Saw those duds eating breakfast at Denny’s in Anthony TX last February.

11. avatar JasonM says:

You could put 16″ barrels on the two glocks to avoid the SBR issue. But then there could by cycling issues.

12. avatar Charles5 says:

This. Is. Stupid. The End.

13. avatar PhoenixNFA says:

Yes it does. Double SBR

Google: doppelglock

1. avatar CA.Ben says:

Well that was 15 minutes of my life that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Pisses me off that Glock 18s are only $570… for law enforcement.

14. avatar jwm says:

We need a 3 glock version. 2 pointing forward as now and a 3rd pointing to the rear. With a little rear view mirror so the operator as phuck guy operating operationally can cover his own 6. And see how cool he looks doing it.

1. avatar Piet Padkos says:

Unless the 6 ‘o clock barrel points to his face while the 12 ‘o clock barrels point towards the tangos, and the stock is engraved ‘Darwin Awards 2014, I ain’t interested.

1. avatar VSN says:

It should be one pointing straight forward and the other two pointing 45 degrees off-center. That way, you’ve duplicated the Wide Cannon from Bionic Commando!

1. avatar jwm says:

Sounds like a duck foot pistol from flintlock days.

15. avatar BDub says:

See, this is the problem with readily available design software – everybody thinks they can design.

16. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I want one.
    It’s the perfect excuse to buy another Glock.

.. and it’s not adding a stock to a Glock. It’s adding two Glocks to a stock.

1. avatar sam says:

So, if it was tied to one’s “unit”, would it be adding two glocks on a stock to your c@ck? Ind if you did the same dressed as an artist, would it be adding two glocks, on a stock, to your c@ock, in a smock? How about carrying this device while fishing from a dock, wearing only one sock?

1. avatar Defens says:

I do not like two Glocks in crocks. I do not like them, Sam-I-Grok.

2. avatar Kelly in GA says:

This is the funniest thing I’ve read in a bit. Well done, sir. If there was a Dr Suess for adults, he’d be proud.

1. avatar Another Robert says:

Heck, that’s the funniest thing I’ve read in forever! I’m worn out from laughing, I’m afraid to read any farther down the thread just now…

17. avatar smackit says:

So the REAL question is…..When is Glock going to turn on their brain and make a folding polymer carbine and make a boat load of money?

1. avatar Steve S. says:

As long as it took Glock to make a US-importable .380, I wouldn’t hold my breath on a carbine.

18. avatar CLarson says:

This reminds me of the ever escalating number of blades on razor cartridges. What is better than 2 blades…3 blades…whats better than 3?
    Let’s just add this to the list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multiple_barrel_firearms

19. avatar Alan Longnecker says:

Now if you could insert 6 Glocks into a bumpfire stock, you might have something.

Probably a disaster.

Cool YouTube video though.

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

Or the most interesting pepperbox….. IN THA WOOORRLLLDD!!

20. avatar Mike says:

Wow!…And here I was thinking that the double 1911 or double AR15 were the stupidest firearm concepts I would ever see.

1. avatar peirsonb says:

Ever hear of the Breda 30? That was actually expected to be used….

1. avatar jwm says:

The good thing about the Breda 30 was it was expected to be used by our enemies in that war. Wonder how many allied soldiers are alive because the Italians had that pieco o’ sh!t?

21. avatar Roll says:

Do like the Red jacket guys: weld them together and have it watercooled!

1. avatar peirsonb says:

….and convert them to single action, exposed hammer.

1. avatar jwm says:

Nevah been dunn befoah.

1. avatar bontai Joe says:

Ya beat me to it

22. avatar Paul53, says:

Meh. I’m holding out for a movie gun, you know the revolver that only needs to be reloaded every hundred rounds?

1. avatar Charles5 says:

Actually, as I understand it, they can be fired indefinitely. They only have to be reloaded when the plot necessitates it.

1. avatar 'liljoe says:

and every time they go into a situation you hear the gun cock… again

23. avatar Piet Padkos says:

Now all I can think is they should sell these stocks in a pack of 10 made from plaster with metal pins for support.

When the cops show up and say “Is that a double SBR?!”, throw it on the ground and say “Not anymore!”.

24. avatar Gunr says:

This could be great for twin brothers to use at the same time!

25. avatar ValleyForge77 says:

Stupid is as Stupid does.

And this is just plain stupid

26. avatar Colby says:

What?!?! It’s 2014 and that thing doesn’t have a folding or collapsable stock? That thing is so Clinton era. If you’re gong to go “EBR” go full in with all the scary features that put the “E” in “EBR.”

And I think it needs a thingy that goes up for a proper three-hand hold, and extre “E”.

27. avatar H.R. says:

The proverbial solution in search of a problem.

But if they could find a way to make the rear Glock attached to a 16″ barrel, only one Glock would have to be registered as an SBR.

28. I thought the article would be about the Browning Double Auto.

1. avatar CA.Ben says:

This comment is useless without links!

1. avatar Carry.45 says:

Well player, sir! Way to be negative CA Ben

29. avatar sota says:

I want the version that’ll take 2 Arsenal 2011’s.

30. avatar TheSleeperHasAwakened says:

What about a Glock that shoots Glocks?

1. avatar Lurker_of_lurkiness says:

I’ll just leave this here http://samandfuzzy.com/1125

31. avatar US says:

Another interesting product on that website is their “pistol kit,” whose primary purpose is apparently to add extra bulk to your Glock.

32. avatar Kirk says:

TurDuckEn. TurGlockEn?

33. avatar Avid Reader says:

But does it go up to 11?

34. avatar fuque says:

Loose all that poly and get one of these.

35. avatar bruce badger says:

Or…you could just use a thirty round mag in your AR.

I know, I know. No Glock cool factor.

This is a solution in search of a problem.

36. avatar roadkill6 says:

And that’s how, with a few minor adjustments, you can turn one gun into five guns. http://imgur.com/RbJSgvu.png

37. avatar DirtyDan says:

My question is, how many liberals could Gaston Glock shock, mock, and gawk if Glock bought the stock so he could chock glocks full into his glock stock so he’s safe from any threat in a city block? Soon everyone will want a double glock stock and the stores will have to restock…