Stand Strong Connecticut

StandStrong CT

Send your STAND STRONG CONNECTICUT photo to guntruth@me.com. We’ll post them on our Facebook album [click here to view.] Please put STAND STRONG in the subject field of your email. You can click here to purchase a Stand Strong Connecticut t-shirt (half of profits go to Connecticut Carry).

comments

1. avatar Tim Freeman says:

Nice OD Green furniture. All he needs is a triangle folding stock and he will be ready for The Zone :3

1. avatar Stalker says:

Blowout soon, fellow stalker.

2. avatar jwm says:

Like the hat and the AK.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

And the t shirt!

3. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Is the bolt held open on that AK?

How do you manage that? I love the AK, but I’m not an aficionado. They make AKs with a bolt hold open feature?

1. avatar Steve in MD says:

I don’t think that’s a standard feature.

VZ58s have bolt hold open though.

1. avatar scoutino says:

True. But Vz. 58 has nothing in common with AK except cartridge caliber. And similar curved magazine to feed it.

2. avatar Delbert Grady says:

Alot of AKs will friction hold the bolt open as long as you dont bump the rifle too hard it will stay.

3. avatar Jeff says:

safety lever is modded. a lot of AK owners cut a notch in the safety lever that acts as a manual BHO – pull back the carrier, flip the safety up, and the notch captures the charging handle. release the safey, and the bolt automatically releases and charges a round.

Serbian AKs of recent years (eg Zastava) adopted this modification as a standard feature.

you can also buy aftermarket safeties already set up this way.

4. avatar Ontheotherhand says:

I want an AK 12

5. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I like the t-shirt. Where can I get one?

6. You can get a safety lever with a “notch” that you can use to lick the bolt back. The notch is for the charging handke . Google for more details.

7. avatar LongBeach says:

That’s one of the more badass AK’s I’ve ever seen. Nice pic.

8. avatar Maineuh says:

Nice shot. Here’s a fellow who probably doesn’t scream like a girl when he comes upon a scorpion. Like some people I know. Namely me.

1. avatar jwm says:

You want to scream like a little girl? Be sound asleep in your fart sack and wake up to the realisation that you’re no longer alone in there. That gawd dammed millipede/centipede(Never did figure out which it was) was on my throat when I became aware of it.

All those legs were attached to my skin when I pulled it off and it felt like I was cutting my own throat as they popped lose. Screaming like a little girl was the manliest thing I did for that night.

9. avatar Roll says:

Southern Arizona stands with you!

10. avatar Mark says:

Thanks for the compliments, folks!
    The rifle is an old WASR 10 with all the faults they are infamous for and it is the most robust firearm I’ve ever known. The T shirt was a gift (my wife has a matching one), the hat is from a shop in Tombstone and, no, I don’t scream like a girl when I see scorpions. Not anymore, anyway. They still give me the wllies, though.

1. avatar lolinski says:

I know the feeling. You see one and you go all “aaahh, crap crap crap!”, in your thoughts of course. You wouldn’t say anything like that out loud.

Must admit, I like the AK. No bells and whistles, just a nice rifle.

2. avatar Maineuh says:

I’ve spent late winters in Phoenix for the past five or six years. Used to go around shining a black light hoping to see scorpions. Finally, at the last place we stayed in, I found no one but dozens of them, all over the property. They were outside but I just couldn’t overcome the idea that they might be inside, too. had the chills for a solid week. Those things just look so ancient and menacing. Love the Arizona desert, though. You know, otherwise.

3. avatar Jeff says:

My WASR was the first AK I ever bought. I was advised against it by many snobs, but an AK collector friend of mine advised me not to listen to the snobs and buy one any way.

It’s been the most reliable rifle I’ve ever owned. I lost count of how many rounds I’ve sent through it – multiple cases of 500 and 1000. Never a single failure that I can remember – not a single one. And it still shoots good groups (for an AK) out to 200 yards with a 4x POSP – haven’t shot it any further than that.

1. avatar lolinski says:

Hate to tell people what to do but try it out at 300, might surprise you.

What kind of POSP is it, regarding the reticle? I know there is the Simonov which compensates to 300 meters. (chevron for 100, 200, 300 m). Also there is the SVD type, which can also compensate to 300.

1. avatar Jeff says:

I have one of both. The POSP is the newer black commercial model with Simonov reticule for 7.62×39. The Simonov actually goes to 400m but like I said I have not tried it out to 300yd+ yet..

I also have a standalone commercial POSP (Pilad 4x) that has the SVD reticule for 7.62x54r. I haven’t really figured out what to use it for, since I have no 54r rifle, but the clarity of the glass is excellent.

Some time this summer I plan to get out of the excessively-treed Norway of America (western Washington state) and into some high plains desert areas with my rifles, and let them all stretch out their legs a bit. At that time I’ll set up some plates and see how far out the AKs can go.

2. avatar lolinski says:

Take it with a grain of salt but I think thte 7.62×54 reticle can be used with 7.62×39 too.

11. avatar TJ says:

He looks badass

12. avatar TJ says:

Who does Northern Arizona stand with?

1. avatar Maineuh says:

Nobody. There’s a bunch of holes in that part of the state.

13. avatar Jumbie says:

Well, that’s certainly a very phallic placement…

14. avatar g says:

Nice AK! (and matching t-shirt…)