Gun Hero of the Day: Rosenberg Texas Police Department

Valentine's Day gift suggestion courtesy The Rosenberg, TX Police Department

“Men… remember Valentines Day is about one week away…why not the gift of safety?” asks the Rosenberg Texas Police Department’s Facebook page. “Women…tag or share with the one who needs a little nudge in the right gift giving direction…” Three-hundred and fifty-two comments later – minus a few less-than-enthralled gun control advocates – and I think we have a winner! The Rosenberg Texas Police Department [click here for their Facebook home page]. “The sales manager at Tactical Firearms in Katy agrees with the police department’s message,” ksla.com reports. “‘In Texas, guns make great gifts,’ says Colin Van Dyke . . . Van Dyke thinks firearms as a present would be on-target, as long as she knows what she’s doing. ‘That’s a great idea as long as safety is first, because there’s nothing more dangerous than a complete novice with a firearm.'” Except maybe a rapist with a firearm. Which is why our name is The Truth About Guns and we approve of Rosenberg’s message.

comments

1. avatar JasonM says:

Is that a Charles Whitman’s Sampler?

1. avatar Art Vandalay says:

Now that’s funny right there sir

2. avatar ScurvyDog says:

That’s what we call comedy.

2. avatar sagebrushracer says:

Which is why our name is The Truth About Gus

1. avatar JohnO says:

Hahaha!

3. avatar P.M.Lawrence says:

Tell me more about Gus. You said you would.

1. avatar Gurney Halleck says:

I hope he’s not one of those rapists with a gun.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

That’s therapists, Mr. Connery. Not the rapists.

2. avatar Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says:

“An ASTRONAUT called Gus?!”

3. avatar H.R. says:

Whatever they tell you about Gus, it will be the truth!

4. avatar the ruester says:

There must be some kind of mistake. Texas is not gun friendly. Ask any one of a number of commenters.

1. avatar Jay Perez says:

Plz explain why texas is not gun friendly, sorry we don’t cater to open carry political activist! Like I said in the past I still see no reason why we need to legalize open carry, myself and thousands of texans would still conceal carry! I am sorry if I offended you but I really want to hear why we should have open carry!!??

1. avatar Garands r Grand says:

Because freedom is freedom. But I guess I am spoiled here in arizona.

1. avatar Jay Perez says:

I have nothing against open carry guys, carry anyway you want. I just don’t get the Texas isn’t gun friendly state comment. Move to CT, NY, CA and Colorado if you don’t agree. The gun culture in Texas is exploding right now, just this past year we past a lot of new gun laws. What other states did that after Newtown besides a few. Expect to see Texas change many more in the future. We still want constitutional carry here!!!!!!

2. avatar JR says:

Jay, quite a few states passed better gun laws in 2013.

3. avatar Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says:

Well, you certainly pay enough in tax for that freedom…

4. avatar JK in CO says:

Jay,
          I take umbrage at you lumping Colorado in with the likes of CA, NY and CT. We’re going through some sort of identity crisis I agree, but a (stupid) mag limit does not a SAFE act make.

2. avatar Charles5 says:

On principle if nothing else. I personally don’t open carry because I don’t like the attention, but if it doesn’t bother someone else, then let them have at it. No one is being hurt by it. I have lived in Georgia and Virginia, both of which have open carry and society has not digressed into chaos. As I have said many times before, laws should only address violations of other people’s property. Someone open carrying doesn’t violate anyone’s rights. It may offend your sensibilities, but your feelings and sensibilities aren’t protected by the Constitution, nor should they be.

3. avatar Delmarva Chip says:

I’m not going to get into another OC vs. CC debate, but I will say this: open carry, just like concealed carry, HARMS NO ONE. It is simply a different method of carrying a weapon for self-defense. The only difference whether or not a bit of clothing is in front of or behind the weapon.

What I’d like to hear from you is why you think the government should have the power to prohibit open carry.

1. avatar William Burke says:

Best post of the day, Del!!

4. avatar William Burke says:

Because you don’t really love Liberty. Go back to Constitutional School.

SHALL. NOT. BE. INFRINGED.

Any questions?

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Yeah, one: how’s it working out for you?

Because they ARE infringed. And they will continue to be infringed until you and many others do something about it. You could go all outlaw or you could try and convince people to stop supporting anti-gun politicians. I guarantee you typing “Shall not be infringed” a bunch of times does dick-all for that.

5. avatar John in Ohio says:

Because carrying under a government license is exercising a privilege. A privilege does not equal a right. If a state only recognizes a privilege to keep and/or bear arms and prohibits the right then that state does not protect the right to keep and bear arms.

It’s not really rocket surgery to figure out… 😉

5. avatar Bob in Washington says:

The wife has been hinting around about a Glock 42. What better Valentine gift than that. Basic black, none of that pink pistol crap for her. Guns and roses for the lady of the house.

1. avatar KCK says:

Valentines day 2015 maybe, Cause even my two local Ganders have not even seen one yet.

2. avatar ScurvyDog says:

I’d like for you to elaborate on how you intend to make that happen, so I might perhaps learn and make it happen for myself. There ARE no G42s, just like there are no G30Ss.

6. avatar jollyroger says:

I gave my wife a Pink Sig mosquito for valentines days with a pink range bag and pink ear pro, speaking of which you should go like the pic of her first time shooting in the can can contest……

1. avatar ScurvyDog says:

Firearms pinkism is sexism. Don’t be that guy.

1. avatar ducky says:

Guess my wife is sexist then. She bought a Ruger lc380 and duracoated it bright pink, and used the nail polish trick to fill in the lettering on the slide.

7. avatar Gyufygy says:

Man, Gus is such a dick. He, like, takes candy from babies and stuff.

The Truth About Gus.

8. avatar Eric L says:

I bought my wife a Taurus 1911 ( I’m not rich and that’s the one I could afford) just because she wanted one and gave her my glock 19. I’d rather her have her own and be comfortable with them than to wait for one “special” day.

9. avatar Maineuh says:

Gus sucks.

1. avatar ScurvyDog says:

But Gus is a badass name. Nigel and Manny too. Badass.

10. avatar peirsonb says:

That’s a funny looking GLOCK.

1. avatar JoshtheViking says:

I think it’s one of those Smith and Wesson brand Glocks.

1. avatar KCK says:

Out of battery too

11. avatar FoRealz? says:

I like the response they left on the FBook to a comment

Rosenberg Police Department Duke Clermont…encourage a constitutional right? Of course we would…in fact we took an oath to protect it.
    60 · February 6 at 10:41pm

Nice.

1. avatar rotating_equipment says:

I like living in Rosenberg. Every interaction I’ve had with the RPD has been positive. They seem to be doing this whole police thing right.