Mossberg Launches Duck Commander-Branded Firearms

The Duck Commander guns feature a camouflage pattern and will come with an American flag bandana.

“The gunmaker Mossberg has teamed with Duck Commander, the company owned by ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Robertson clan, to release nine different shotguns, as well as two semiautomatic rifles and a semiautomatic pistol,” cnn.com reports. “Mossberg has begun shipping some of the shotguns to distributors, according to spokeswoman Linda Powell. She declined to name specific retailers that will carry them.” So what makes these guns different than all the others? Mossie’s Duck Commander guns will all be painted camo with the Duck Commander logo. The words “Faith, Family, Ducks” is etched into the shotgun’s receiver. They’ll all ship with an American flag bandana, as worn by (but not specifically worn by) Willie Robertson. And I do believe that’s it. Other than the fact that I told you the mainstream media loves, loves, loves the rednecks heart guns meme. This will get lots of play.

comments

1. avatar Paul G. says:

Guns for killing ducks, squirrels, and soda cans….it’s the American Way!!

2. avatar Chris says:

A&E owns the Duck Dynasty brand. These look to be Duck Commander branded?

1. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

Chris you are correct. The Duck Dynasty brand name is an A&E brand. As these are duck commander they have no affiliation with A&E. It would be funny if they did, I mean the Civilian Disarmament crowd would have hissy fits all over the place!

1. avatar Dave says:

But will your average, gun fearing civilian know the difference?

1. avatar Excedrine says:

Will your average, inanimate-object-fearing civilian actually care to even learn the difference?

The answer to both of our questions is, quite frankly, no.

The average gun-fearing American won’t know the difference, but they aren’t going to be buying the guns anyway.

3. avatar Jus Bill says:

No, but they’ll be whining to mommy anyway. And maybe pouting too.

Oh, and MJ called them “assault rifles” this morning, so it’s official now.

4. avatar neiowa says:

No and that is another stick in the eye of A&E/the leftist “entertainment” cabal which is a HUGE +100.

3. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

Well I like Mossberg for a scatter gun, and well camo, yeah that is cool.
    Hope they do well… I mean really every time a Duck Dynasty gun goes boom, a gun grabber sheds a tear lol

4. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

They should come with a duck call.

1. avatar FFL Dealer says:

Every public duck hunter just sighed in exasperation.

1. avatar John says:

True^^

1. avatar William Burke says:

You mean there are secret duck hunters?

5. avatar T says:

I’m pretty sure these guns will fly off the shelves.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

I’m inclined to agree, and why not? Good for them.

Get it while you can, boys, and God bless America.

1. avatar Dave says:

Looks like my days of not owning a Mossberg are coming to end.

2. avatar RockThisTown says:

And if they do fly off the shelves, GLAAD will be sad.

6. avatar insertjjs says:

Mossberg pistol???

1. avatar Steve says:

It’s a .22lr AR15 pistol

1. avatar Chris Mallory says:

Probably based on a Plinkster with a plastic clamshell around it, just like the rifles.

1. avatar insertjjs says:

saw some pictures after my comment and it is based of the plinkster in the AR shell. Have a friend that has the rifle and its not that bad of a gun. a lot cheaper than the purpose built 22 ARs

2. avatar JT says:

That makes sense.

7. avatar Sam Spade says:

I might get one of the shotguns if they were to inscribe 1 Timothy 5:8 instead of “Faith, Family, Ducks.” No fan of cammo, though, but better than black.

1. avatar John says:

Acts 10:13

1. avatar William Burke says:

You need to attach the quote; I don’t own a Bible. On second thought, never mind.

2. avatar RM says:

Luke 22:36

1. avatar JTPhilly says:

I’ve got Luke 22:36 engraved on an AR ejection port: “…if a man does not have a sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one.”

2. avatar RM says:

That would be AWESOME. I bet a gunsmith could do that…

3. avatar JT says:

How about the Book of Armaments, Chapter 2, verses 9–21?

8. avatar Marcus says:

“fly” off the shelves. I got that.

“Evil camo rifles” just doesn’t have the same zing.

1. avatar William Burke says:

Yeah, Ralph… but they don’t just up and shoot people; they HIDE IN THE BUSHES and shoot people!

10. avatar jwm says:

I just bought my hunting shotgun, a mossberg 500 20 ga. Standard wood furniture and finish. My son has a mossberg with the real tree camo scheme in 12 ga. He has tentative plans to include turkey in his plans, I do not. He got his mossberg after a complete lack of faith in his Freedom Group 870 developed. It had all sorts of issues and he finally took my advice and went mossberg.

I already had a mossberg 12. If I decided to hunt with it all I need do is switch out the short barrel on it for the 28 inch in the safe and put the mag block back in. Take maybe 2 minutes to do that.

Mossberg is one of those companies that make a product you can count on. If this Duck stuff will help more people buy guns, I’m all for it.

1. avatar William Burke says:

What could possibly go wrong with an 870 of any kind?

1. avatar jwm says:

Best we can figure was a QC issue. Continous problems with feeding and ejecting. Replaced magazine spring and follower. Finally converted it from the extended tube security model it started as to a 5 shot standard model. Spent so much time, effort and money on it that now that it’s finally starting to act right he wants nothing more to do with it. Bought it new and has practically bought enough new parts for it to make a second gun.

Got a new mossberg and hasn’t had a hitch with it.

1. avatar William Burke says:

Wow. Could I ask how much you paid for just the gun?

2. avatar jwm says:

My son bought the gun new. Best of my memory says 350-400 bucks. It was an extended mag security gun then. Now it’s a standard 5 shot 870. Freedom group sucks.

3. avatar William Burke says:

Thanks. Wasn’t even aware FG had a version of the 870. Don’t hang around at gun stores much. It makes me happy, then not having them makes me sad.

4. avatar Paul G. says:

Remington is part of Freedom Group.

11. avatar Lars says:

Never bought Mossberg before, the duck guys who I have no idea who they are nor do I care to know as I don’t watch tv let alone reality tv, won’t get me to buy a Mossberg now.
    You are part of the problem if you watch this show or any other reality tv show. You are no different than some liberal goof who watches Survivor or Dancing with the Stars. Go buy your stupid duck a&e brand shotgun and pay a premium price for a name. Our country is becoming a joke.

1. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

I don’t really watch DD either, but to correct your point these Mossbergs are for Duck Commander not Duck Dynasty. So it is NOT A&E’s product.
      I don’t foresee them tacking on a big price tag, now if everyone wants one, well then shops will mark them up for what it will sell for.
      Nothing wrong with that. I just wish they would include a duck call in the box too. That would actually be pretty cool.

1. avatar William Burke says:

A bottle of duck sauce would be much cooler.

@Lars, I haven’t checked but I’m pretty sure that the Duck Dynasty family doesn’t give a rat’s hat about you either. Which actually makes me feel better about America.

1. avatar Totenglocke says:

So, Ralphie, you’re mad that Lars is promoting doing something productive or educational with your time instead of being obsessed with some inbred hillbilly on TV? You are just as much a part of what’s wrong with this once-great nation as Kim Kardashian is.

1. avatar ThomasR says:

What built this “once great nation”? A bunch of hill Billy’s committed to G-d, family, country, freedom that was well trained in the use of guns; like the hill billys that a whole bunch of people like to watch on TV.

Which is really why the Robertson clan is being attacked by the liberal/progressive forces in the print and broad cast news; liberal/progressives are dedicated in destroying all that made America a free and Christian nation. You can’t have a people believe that there is an other god than government. It makes the statist job harder in trying to rule the “useless eaters and breeders”.their words, not mine.

2. avatar William Burke says:

There is now circulating a 2009 video of Phil Robertson preaching to a congregation (I surmise), “You have to marry girls when they’re 14 or 15; then they’ll pluck your birds for you (paraphrasing). And get them to cook a meal before you marry, so you’ll know if they can cook.” Seek and ye shall find it.

That one there changed my view of him 180 degrees. Arrogant “hillbilly preppy”. That was, to my way of thinking, MUCH more indicative of his lack of character than the harmless, sad perplexity regarding homosexuality.

3. avatar ThomasR says:

Well William Burke, I went to see the video you spoke about. and once again, I picked up something entirely different; Phil spoke about marrying 15 to 16 year old women; but asking permission from the parents first; ( he married his wife Kay, when she was 16 and he was 20;) I saw a man speaking from a place of humor but practicality as well; getting married this young was considered the norm for most of history; the extended childhood that most teens live today is an aberration and ultimately very unhealthy for all involved; but ultimately, the proof is in the pudding.

He and his wife with a great deal of challenges are still married over forty years later with a number of grown children running a very successful business trying to live Christian values while still being imperfect human beings. How many people, regardless of how old they got married, if they even ARE married, could say the same.

I see something to be admired.

4. avatar William Burke says:

Ralph, I didn’t intend for that to sound as critical of the man as it seems to have come out. But you’re right, and I should have paid more attention to what I said, and how I said it. You have inspired me to try harder!

In all honesty, I actually didn’t watch the video, but just summarized several pieces I read about it. And that’s not how I like to roll.

5. avatar neiowa says:

“Testing” the gal to see if she can cook or not is a damn good litmus test on her character and general usefullyness. The modern chic skill of whipping out a ccard and buying a pile of hooker clothes at the mall doesn’t count for much when life (or future events) happen.

If you swing that way perhaps see if she can change the sparkplugs in her car or properly wire an electrical outlet.

6. avatar Paul G. says:

I dunno, mine can cook, clean, garden, clean fish, etc…..and shoot. She’s a keeper. She knows enough about tools to hand me the right ones when I’m working on a vehicle or around the house.

3. avatar Totenglocke says:

*slow clap*

You sir, should be awarded a medal.

1. avatar ThomasR says:

Well thank you Totenglocke, I’m glad you agree with me.

2. avatar ThomasR says:

oops, I was checking the time stamp, Totenglocke, your comment wasn’t meant for me.

4. avatar Chris Mallory says:

I don’t watch the show, but at 8 P.M. after I have been productive all day long, what I watch on TV doesn’t really matter to you or anyone else. Pound Sand!

1. avatar 45&4WD says:

This, times eleventy billion.

5. avatar William Burke says:

I think it’s wonderful you eschew television; I find it not so endearing that you have to be all high-and-mighty about it.

You sound like a “reformed” TV watcher. Y’know, like “reformed” whores and “reformed” alcoholics?

6. avatar Accur81 says:

Lars,

I’m sure our Founding Fathers would have harsh words for these God-fearing, gun owning men who run a successful business and fail to pander to the PC crowd. Riiiiiiight.

12. avatar Tommy says:

Already online news sites and blogs are freaking out about this. Case in point: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/duck-dynasty-gun-game-article-1.1564460

The best part is that the editors of these pages don’t actually have to work! Look at the caption in one of the pictures. No need for facts when you can spread fear and lies.

1. avatar Paul G. says:

That doesn’t look like a pistol….that adjustable stock screams “carbine”….in 22lr of course. I guess they posted the wrong picture…oops.

2. avatar Jus Bill says:

So much fail in one story. Even in the comments. Way to go, NYDN!

13. avatar MojoRonin says:

My complaint with Mossberg is their Warranty and Customer Service. I have had a shotgun in their warranty abyss for 4 months, 8 days. Go figure, right before hunting season and holiday season – they don’t return calls or emails for status updates, they give you the ‘we’ll have that to you in 2 weeks’ runaround. I heard ‘just 2 weeks’ for the last 3 months.

I had another warranty issue that resulted in Bersa having to replace a pistol (Thunder 40 Pro full size was horrid with FTE’s – it was probably a lemon – I opted to trade for a Thunder 9 Pro UC which is the one to get by them, by the way!) Bersa is faster for warranty / exchange, and they handled my problem for a replacement during the Hurricane Sandy thing (their US office is in New Jersey), and the pistol had to come up from Argentina – then they got me 3 extra magazines for my wait *during* the opening weeks of the Sandy Hook massacre. So despite power outages, flooding, and one of, if not the worst gun-buy rush in U.S. history, Bersa made good, and did so VERY well.

Mossberg? Good if it don’t break. Don’t break.

14. avatar William Burke says:

I am more interested in what the first Mossberg/DD PISTOL will look like. And shoot like!

1. avatar Paul G. says:

It’s just an AR styled 22lr pistol.

15. avatar RLH says:

FLAME DELETED. KNOCK IT OFF.

16. avatar LTC F says:

The only Mossberg I own is a 60 year old, bolt action, .22 WMR. It’s taken it’s fair share of varmints and squirrels. My only shot gun is a 30 year old 870 Express. I’ve shot everything from skeet to deer with it.

I like the Robertsons. DD is one of the few shows I can watch with my kids. I admire a guy who can turn a homemade duck call into a multimillion dollar company and still live in the swamp and hunt every day.

Having said that… I don’t like cammo guns, I have all the .22’s I need and I can’t get ammo for those, and I have the only shotgun I need.

17. avatar MOG says:

Ducks are safe from me, unless they break into the house. (I like my firearms plain).

1. avatar William Burke says:

I like to get mine at Chinese restaurants.

18. avatar cigardog says:

I saw some Duck Commander wine in the grocery store today.

Cue the shark being jumped in…

1. avatar William Burke says:

Chardonnay. Wow, it’s really true: they’re PREPPIES in backwoods drag.

19. avatar Cameron B says:

wow so these guns shoot better/ faster than my 140 dollar mossberg does? No? oh i guess i’ll stick to owning one that wasn’t designed by and designed for a guy sipping on a starbucks Cafe Americano driving his Eddie Buaer edition ford explorer.

Also i know the Roberstons are born again but could anyone make one that says “Family, Pasta, Guns”