Incendiary Image of the Day: Americans for Responsible Solutions FOAD Edition

Aloha from Space Cadet Kelley (courtesy americansforresponsiblesolutions.org)

Chip writes:

I can’t take it anymore. The messages [from Americans for Responsible Solutions] send my blood pressure through the roof! I had to take myself off the mailing list from the anti-gun group American’s for Disarmament, or whatever Space Cadet Kelly call the circus troop he runs. I clicked the unsubscribe button and found myself here, looking at the image above. Which made me laugh so hard I want to sign up again just so I can unsubscribe again! The imagery is perfect. The Giffords group turning their back on you for leaving.  The kids over there to the right because Think of the Kids!(tm). The crowd all pushed up to one side so it looks bigger than it is (lots of empty seats on the right hand side, just out of focus). But the part that made me laugh the loudest . . .

Follow Mark Kelly on Twitter @ShuttleCDRKelly. Why would I want to follow that man on any social media? I understand how F’ing cool it is have been an Astronaut! But to be so incredibly crass as to call yourself Commander Kelly? Arrogant much? I looked around and didn’t see any of the other Astronauts calling themselves @ShuttlePilotJohnson or @MissionSpecialistChamitoff. What a FLAME DELETED. As if we didn’t already know that.

comments

1. avatar John L. says:

So … Likely not their desired effect? 🙂

2. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

I liked Giapetto, I mean Kelly, more before he shaved his head bald . . . .

3. avatar Bob S says:

He calls himself “Commander” because that was his rank in the military, not because that was his role on the mission. That part’s kosher.

1. avatar A-Rod says:

So that @ShuttleCMRKelly is misleading or lying? WIKI says his rank in the USN was Captain.

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

I believe Giapetto was promoted to commander right as he retired, after his wife was shot. Perhaps because they felt sorry she was married to a jerkoff like him?

1. avatar JDL says:

Navy Captains rank higher than Commanders. Most likely his mission title.

2. avatar Duke of Sharon says:

Kosher perhaps but sad. Most former military I know take their promotion to “just plain Mr.” very seriously.

What’s not kosher is using one’s military affiliation for political purposes. Your haircut suggests that you probably know that. Yes, I know that it’s no longer actionable once you’re retired but that doesn’t make it right.

3. avatar Erik says:

Exactly

4. avatar ErrantVenture11 says:

The only person who calls me “Commander” is my wife.

1. avatar OCD says:

She calls you that to? Damn I thought I was the only one she calls that. 😉 J/K

2. avatar William Burke says:

If I were married the wife would have to call me Commander Salamander. That’s just the way it is.

1. avatar CA.Ben says:

Aaand that’s why you aren’t married.

5. avatar DanRRZ says:

I really like the title of their faction, I just wish somebody who actually understands the topic coined the term first.

I mean what more responsible solution to gun violence exists other than ensuring every law abiding American can constitutionally carry and protect themselves and loved ones from the threat of gun violence?

1. avatar Pulatso says:

If I had the money and time, I would form People for Responsible Gun Laws, and the goals would be nationwide constitutional carry, nationwide reciprocity for concealed carry, and repeal the NFA.

1. avatar General Zod says:

I like it. Tell me where to sign up.

2. avatar Defens says:

Heck – shouldn’t take much investment. Make up a few signs, get some friends to march around on some street corner, slap the photo on Facebook. Then send the link to Bloomie and ask for some money (without entirely revealing the agenda, of course).

6. avatar Aharon says:

I was the Owner and President of my own part-time one-person college business therefore I am going to create a Twitter account called President Aharon.

1. avatar 505markf says:

Reminds me how a friend explained California to me: “it’s a place where if you believe I am who I say I am, I’ll believe you are who you say you are.” Only thing that explains the numbers of writers, directors, and producers working at Taco Bell.

Kelly has a great background as a pilot, warrior, and astronaut… it is really a shame that he’s turned out to be such a Gomer.

1. avatar Mark N. says:

My brother in law, who lives in Long Beach, says that if you want service in a restaurant, you say, “Oh Actress.”

2. avatar Duke of Sharon says:

I performed during the Superbowl halftime once.

Of course, I was at home on my couch at the time, but none the less.

I also argued in front of the United States Supreme Court.

I was arguing with a deranged homeless man in front of the United States Supreme Court building, but none the less.

7. avatar MojoRonin says:

Well, there’s the Electric Six song “Dance Commander”, that one f’n rules. By the way, everyone of you acts like the guy in the video when ever a cool song is on and no one is around. Everyone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRrfnvGQG1I

1. avatar William Burke says:

Was that from the TV show DANCE DYNASTY?

8. avatar Eli Stein says:

Walking drooling billboard for why 9MM FMJ is a lousy round.