Now that 2013 is officially in the rear view mirror, we can take a moment to reflect on the turd sandwich that was last year. It started off on an awful foot, the ripples from Newtown lasting the entire year. It derailed not only the civil rights advocacy that has been going strong for years, but also a major part of a president’s agenda and caused no small amount of sturm und drang in congress. Throughout it all we were there, reporting from the trenches (seen here in the SHOT Show press room in 2013) bringing you the latest firearms news. Here are some of the most read articles of the year, broken out into three categories . . .
General Gun Related Stuff
- Oops: Red Jacket Firearms Loses Their FFL
- 9mm Subcompact Pistol Roundup – Because You Asked for It
- Lever-Action Ballistics: .30-30 vs. .357 Magnum
- Mossberg Unveils $276 “Tactical .22″
- Ask Foghorn: What’s Up With the Ammo Shortage?
- VA Man Arrested for Following “Double Barrel” Biden’s Armed Defense Advise
- Ralph’s Guide to Buying Your First Mosin Nagant 91/30 Pt. 1
- Bottom Drops Out of AR-15 Market
- Guns & Ammo Supports Gun Control
- Ask Foghorn: Best 9mm for Concealed Carry?
- And So It Begins: New York Sending Out Gun Confiscation Notices
- BREAKING: Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms
- Black Man Shoots White Teen, Jury says Self Defense. And Nobody Cares
- Feinstein: Veterans Have PTSD, Shouldn’t Own “Assault” Rifles
- List of Proposed California Gun Control Measures — 500 Round Max, No Grandfathering, No Detachable Mags, Mandatory License…
- Gun Review: Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport
- Gun Review: Ruger LC9
- Gun Review: Hi-Point C9 9mm Pistol
- Gun Review: Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield
- Gun Review: Beretta Nano
- Gun Review: Glock 19 Gen4 9X19mm
- Gun Review: Smith & Wesson BODYGUARD 38 and BODYGUARD 380
- Gun Review: FN Five-SeveN
- Gun Review: SIG SAUER P226
- Gun Review: Mosin-Nagant
I cut the “Politics” posts short because while there were definitely a few in the top slots, in general politics posts don’t have a long shelf life. They’re interesting for a day or so, then they tend to drop off the radar. Looking over the full 100 article list, it’s gun review after gun review racking up the pageviews. And boy, do we have a lot of those.
For anyone interested, the top article of the year was Oops: Red Jacket Firearms Loses Their FFL with 202,301 pageviews.