SIG SAUER Accepts TTAG’s Readers Choice Award for the SB15

P1020962

Jeff Creamer, SIG SAUER‘s Director of Product Management, was pleased as punch to be handed TTAG’s Readers Choice Award from Chris Dumm yesterday for their SB15 pistol stabilizing brace. The popular gizmo was intended to help disabled vets, but it ended up being a smash hit with more than its original intended audience. And from the looks of things, we may be back next year to hand them a different award — for the handgun category instead of accessories.

comments

1. avatar Hasdrubal says:

I still can’t believe the ATF signed off on this. But they did, so I bought one. And it’s awesome.

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I may have to get one just in case I get an AR pistol.
    Hmmmm

1. avatar Taylor Tx says:

Shit, I want an AR pistol just to get one 🙂

3. avatar Rokurota says:

Jeff looks spiffy in his suit! Congratulations.

4. avatar iCONOCLAST says:

I’m sure that plaque will hit the round file once they get out of Ttags sight

1. avatar Ing says:

You never know. See Dan Zimmerman’s comment below.

Sorry, pal. One of the recipients is featuring the award very prominently on its website.

5. avatar EagleScout87 says:

I really dig that the companies getting the TTAG awards are actually happy to be getting them. Good work folks!

1. avatar Dan Zimmerman says:

When we pointed out the fact that the awards were the result of votes by the readers – not bullshit puffery bestowed on some favored manufacturers – that made them actually mean something to the companies.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

If you do this again next year, the plaques should say something about “reader’s choice” on them, to make that clear.

6. avatar Out_Fang_Thief says:

“And from the looks of things, we may be back next year to hand them a different award — for the handgun category instead of accessories.”

Are you referring to Sig’s new polymer, striker-fired, modular P320 handgun, that will retail for just over $700?

1. avatar Mlk18 says:

I was going to ask the same thing. Their new striker fired pistol looks like they took a hammer fired failure and decided to make it a striker fired failure. Smart money was on coming up with a whole new design, but they didn’t. Not surprised.

1. avatar Rokurota says:

I was skeptical too, but now that I’ve seen it, I get it. Basically you get a Glock with the SIG name and backwards compatibility with the P250 and complete modularity. Probably a better trigger than the Glock, too. And I like the beveled slide a la CZ P09.

2. avatar Diesel Dan says:

Exactly. I wanted to see a new design, but once I noticed how strict SIG was being about keeping it in a closed box (instead of teasing a silhouette of it) I had the vision of a striker-fired P250.

3. avatar Out_Fang_Thief says:

“Smart money was on coming up with a whole new design, but they didn’t.”

Oh, but they did. The P320 has interchangeable S-M-L grips, trigger sets, and can operate as a 9mm, .40, or a .357…..on the same frame. It’s a modular gun that can be adapted to fit any hand size. There is nothing like it. Sig is taking it to the Glock buying police community. The law enforcement community had input about what they wanted in a sidearm, and Sig complied. Glock should be very concerned.

Sig…a failure? Ya, that’s why the Navy SEAL’s chose the Sig for their sidearm.

1. avatar ARluv says:

Not only is Sig taking it to Glock, but they’re certainly sticking it to HK to with their new MPX. Can you imagine how many MP5 pistols and MP5k’s HK would sell if they were out on the market at the same price point the MPX is coming out at??? Sig is the only company I see out there really pushing the envelope and coming up and promoting new ideas.

Oh…and I was totally skeptical about the new P320…but after handling in at Shot..I’m a believer! The trigger is just about as good as my HK P7 PSP…and that’s saying a lot.

7. avatar Michael says:

They are pushing the envelop, with the AR pistol brace and pistol attachment thing