New from Colt Competition: CRP20SS

CRP20SS, c Nick Leghorn

I’d first like to welcome Colt Competition to the Republic of Texas. They made the move just after all of the anti-gun legislation started flying, and it looks like they’re settling in well. The company is producing a new rifle called the CRP20SS, which is designed for the law enforcement market rather than the competition market — a first step for an otherwise single-minded competition based company — yet still available to the public. The gun features a 20 inch barrel, tuneable gas system, and modular rail sections to give you rails when you need them and flat tube when you don’t. They said something about pricing but I just plumb forgot — the older similar model is $1,899.

comments

1. avatar ensitue says:

And LEAs can get M-4s for free so how is this a viable option?
    Oh Yeah
    Taxpayers

1. avatar Steve Truffer says:

What? Its a competition gun. What does this have to do with .mil M4’s?

1. avatar Steve Truffer says:

EDIT: nevermind, wrong article. thought I was on TFB.

2. avatar Rusty Owen says:

Have you guys considered a review of Colt Competitions’s bolt action?

1. avatar Jeff says:

Is it an AR?

1. avatar Rusty Owen says:

No, the M2012. http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/ColtBoltActionRifles.aspx

Apparently Colt’s Manufacturing took over the production since I last looked.

1. avatar Jeff says:

You mean it’s not an AR?

(it was a joke 🙂

3. avatar Ben Eli says:

I wish colt would actually do something new. Maybe a bullpup with a good trigger, or some knew handguns. Or a magazine fed shotgun. Just something different other than regurgitating the same platform with slightly different details. They have the resources and the money. They just don’t have the will.

4. avatar troutbum5 says:

Anybody have any experience with that MagPul adjustable stock in the picture? I’ve got longer arms than most folks, and I know the stock can be adjusted up to about 3/4″ longer than anything else. Maybe more with a sturdy pad on the butt. I like higher cheek pieces as well. Just wondering if the $200+ price is worth it.