New from Caracal: Precision Bolt Action Rifle in .308

P1010437

Caracal, the company in the UAE who makes Robert’s favorite carry gun, is extending their line of firearms. After introducing a 9mm carbine last year, they’re back with a bolt action .308 rifle. And man, is it nice.

P1010424

The rifle hits all of my needs for a good precision gun, and then some. Not only is the stock fully adjustable, but the trigger adjusts too. And you can dictate the amount of roll in the second stage independent of everything else, even. Its a level of customization that one normally doesn’t see in rifles.

The gun also takes Accuracy International magazines, has a specially designed muzzle brake, and the whole thing is made in their shop — no outside parts required.

No word yet on price or availability, but “less than a TrackingPoint” seems to be an accurate estimate.

comments

1. avatar Gun_Chris says:

Yawn, I’d like to know when they are going to release their ‘fixed’ pistols, what they’re going to do to try to make it up to consumers, and all the other questions along those lines.

2. avatar LongBeach says:

I could operate so f*cking hard with that rifle… so low-drag my callsign would be Astraglide.

1. avatar Tom says:

Actually it would be “poopsock”.

2. avatar ropingdown says:

Truly operatorish operators know .308 is passé. Embarrassing, even. Outside of a very few conflict zones nobody uses this kind of crap for anything productive, and inside conflict zones this gun says “my unit couldn’t afford a real sniper rifle.

Maybe this thing’s just intended for picking off excess south-Asian workers from Dubai towers or such?

1. avatar Anonymous says:

I would hardly say that it is embarrassing.

An M24 chambered in 308 make it in the top 8 longest range sniper shots in history:

– a 1300 yard shot.

1. avatar Gyufygy says:

I believe that was tongue planted firmly in cheek.

3. avatar El Mac says:

No link?

1. avatar Nick Leghorn says:

Doesn’t even have a name.

1. avatar ShaunL. says:

338LM AND the big “Fiddy” are available too….. Drool.

4. avatar RKBA says:

How long before the first round of recalls due to ‘accidental discharge do to design error’ or ‘bolt explodes in face’ due to improperly treated metal?

I’ll skip anything Caracal makes.

Too many viable competitors with ‘proven’ track records.

Thanks, though….

1. avatar Marcus Aurelius says:

Different designer (I’d bet), different route of firearm. I doubt they’ll have a problem with these rifles.

5. avatar Hkfan says:

You know, there are chassis systems available from manufacturers that have a reputation for quality and reliability.

6. avatar Brad says:

Rkba stole my thunder. Over/under on recall date?

7. avatar Jon in CO says:

Hey Nick, is that rifle a takedown model? Looks like something I could stuff in a briefcase.

8. avatar Tj says:

They did right by me on the recall, gave me $100 more than I paid for the gun, a discount on next purchase (if they ever release), and covered my holster expenses. I still feel recalling the entire line was bogus.

9. avatar JD says:

Iran also has a thriving and much more proficient arms industry,

why don’t we just also send all of our small arms budgets their way, hurting domestic makers, and as we have for gas at 300% cost to Dubai ? Have you been there lately and have you seen the expansion/growth on our wealth transfer since, say, 1991 ? Remember the financial meltdown attacks during Bush2 ? They both eminated from Islamic Sovereign wealth funds. One was located in London. The other was located in Dubai. These are not our friends, however blind you choose to be to this issue in the name of “freedom” or “choice” or “low price” or “new and exciting” or ….etc.

10. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It actually used to be a enjoyment account it. Glance complex to more delivered agreeable from you! By the way, how could we keep in touch?
    beats studio sale http://www.religionandnature.com/beats/beats-studio-sale.html