New from Adams Arms: Competition Optics Ready (COR) Rifle

P1020653

Adams Arms is a relatively new player in the AR-15 market, but they’re already making waves. Their guns use a piston system that’s dead simple to use, and they come set up pretty much the way you’d want them kitted out. Now they’re adding a new competition rifle to their lineup with the COR . . .

P1020645

The rifle comes standard with Diamondback’s new flip-up offset sight, a Hiperfire trigger (which is pretty sweet), and Magpul furniture. Not to mention the lightened bolt carrier and operating parts for a quicker cycling action and softer recoil.

P1020736

Also coming from Adams is a more finely tuneable gas system. Instead of the “on/suppressed/off” trio of settings currently offered the new gas system has about eight settings to allow you to tune it to exactly match your ammo and your gun’s condition.

P1020673

The only issue is that the new gas system is completely covered by the handguards. Anticipating this, they’re also coming out with a set of handguards that use the standard barrel nut and are easily removed with the throw of a lever.

comments

1. avatar JL says:

Personally, I like the looks of Adams Arms much better. Unfortunately its only for piston guns I believe 🙁

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

That spikes BCG is cool looking.
    Geez. Another AR. Guess it loses something in print. It would be better to be there, holding, weighing, testing triggers, arm length, cheek weld, sight radii, etc…
    Then it would be a bit easier to ‘see’ what works best for yourself.

2. avatar Keith in TX says:

I like the finish of the one in the middle of the top photo, it looks like snake skin.

1. avatar Ruun says:

That’s Kryptek’s Nomad pattern. Looks bad ass.

1. avatar Diesel Dan says:

Yes it does. Unfortunately, i don’t see anyone offering Kryptek’s Mandrake pattern on rifles or related gear.

1. avatar crashbbear says:

there’s always hydrographic transfer. with a clear coat of duracoat. is very nice.

2. avatar Keith in TX says:

Unfortunately I can’t own one.
        If I put that in my safe most of the other guns would die from envy while the black ARs would be rendered useless due to a permanent erection.

3. avatar Ing says:

I’m not much for the evil black rifles — not that there’s anything wrong with them. They just all tend to look the same to me (#omgracist). Stuff jutting out at odd angles, all blocky and awkward…but not these.

For lack of a better word, these look sexy. They remind me of the trim, purposeful aura of a lever-action rifle.

4. avatar CA.Ben says:

What’s up with the weird fins on the barrel? Is that for weight? Heat dispersion? Both?

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Circumferential rings are about heat transfer. They don’t much of anything for rigidity. That’s what fluting is for.

1. avatar Diesel Dan says:

I thought the military, by the end of WWII, realized that the Circumferential rings on a barrel did almost nothing to dissipate heat.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

You might be right. I just know they don’t do anything for strength.

2. avatar Hkfan says:

Fluting does nothing for rigidity. It’s to lighten the weight of the barrel.

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Which allows the use of a thicker more rigid barrel in the first place. Plus fluting adds surface area which will should help cool the barrel faster even if that is not the intended result.

5. avatar JL says:

I would be interested to see a comparison of this vs a competition gas gun.
    Everyone immediately says piston systems recoil more, but I cant think of any that were geared toward 3 gun…

6. avatar Jeremy S says:

I really, really like my AA complete upper. Quality is great. Accuracy and reliability have been great. I wonder if I could retrofit the new gas system that allows more adjustment. Although the normal, suppressed, and off settings on mine have worked just fine, I wouldn’t mind a little more fine tuning. With some rounds I feel like a setting between normal (which is full open) and suppressed (which is less gas venting) would be best — i.e. it ejects just a bit hard on normal but doesn’t eject reliably on suppressed. Except with a can, of course, in which case it works exactly as advertised.