New from Crye Precision: 12-Gauge Semi-Automatic Door Breaching Shotgun (SIX12)

P1020110

The standard breaching shotgun is the Master Key, a tiny Remington 870 shotgun modified by Knight’s Armament Company to fit on the front end of an AR-15 or M-16 rifle. It works, but it’s heavy and racking the action requires you to take your hand off the shotgun. Crye Precision think they have a solution that would let the door kicker fire multiple rounds into a door while still having a finger on the trigger of the rifle . . .

P1020111

The shotgun has a rotating 6-round magazine that is detachable, so you can reload it on the fly and very quickly. The gun has a solid single stage trigger, and is semi-automatic to make the operator’s life easier. There’s also a convenient blast shield on the front of the magazine to keep the blast from screwing up their hand.

P1020099

Oh, and they have a standalone version. Which looks BAD ASS!

comments

1. avatar Jim R says:

That definitely looks cool. Wonder what it runs.

1. avatar BillC says:

12 gauge shells 😛

2. avatar Nate says:

Man that looks cool, especially the standalone version.

3. avatar A-Rod says:

Cool but can you take the cylinder and set it up as a landmine like the Pancor Jackhammer? No? Nice but I’ll pass.

1. avatar lolinski says:

Dont you have claymores for that?

Besides mines are cowards weapons, I despise them and their users.

1. avatar a.a. says:

What about AC-130s, apaches, RWS weapon systems, or just in general any weapon in the US arsenal that protects its users and gives almost no chance to the target. Mines and IEDs are a weapon that works. If we wanted to be fair we would still be squaring off in open fields with muskets.

1. avatar William Burke says:

Land mines are the weapons of scum. In real-world usage, they maim and kill children far more often than they kill the enemy.

2. avatar Adam says:

There is no such thing as a cowards weapon in war. We use crap all the time that gives our enemies no chance to fight back, why we should we say they are cowards for using what they have. That is war, adapt and overcome, which ever side can do this better wins.

1. avatar lolinski says:

How can I say this in a nice way? If you aren’t pulling the trigger and seeing a man go down, I will probably call you a coward.

I have seen too many innocent people maimed/killed by explosives to condone their use.

2. You want to trot that line out to the relatives of the brave men who manned American bombers to fly daylight raids into the heart of Nazi Germany before they had even as much as a fighter escort?

I’m sure you will immediately want to qualify your assertion, sir.

3. avatar max says:

@Lolinski
          I guess that’s a fair opinion, but I think most practical thinkers would disagree with you. Including me.

4. avatar Cliff H says:

“If you aren’t pulling the trigger and seeing a man go down, I will probably call you a coward.”

“If you aren’t pulling face to face and seeing your opponent’s eyes as you chop him down, I will probably call you a coward.” – Japanese Samurai, immediately before being dropped by a man with a muzzle loading musket.

Call m any fvcking thing you want, I still win.

5. avatar BillC says:

lolinski is from the land of SAABs, which ironically makes a lot of our explosives. AT-4 anyone?

6. avatar int19h says:

Killing your enemies from afar when you can is not cowardly, it’s just wise.

It’s also doubly efficient, because when the target cannot shoot back (or at least where they know it will never hurt the person operating the gadget that’s raining fire on them), their morale also plummets. People hate not being able to hurt back.

Which is, again, good. You want your enemies to be demoralized, panicked, and afraid of your superiority. They won’t pick fights with you then.

7. avatar Paul Rain says:

Paul T. McCain: You’re right. Those were brave men to firebomb German civilians, so that Stalin could occupy the Baltic States, Poland, Yugoslavia, and East Germany.

3. avatar GruntDoc says:

Your window on the short bus must have been extra clean from all the licking.

4. avatar defensor fortisimo says:

Claymores have 2 modes, controlled and uncontrolled. Only the uncontrolled mode, (trip wire,) legally qualifies as a booby trap. Controlled functions as a remote controlled shotgun blast on a much larger scale. There is no practical difference between it and direct fire, your argument is invalid

5. avatar swag says:

Dude your in no position to despise landmines lol I feel like you probably have little to no experience with them. Its a tactical impliment only an idiot wouldn’t use everything they can to their advantage

4. avatar Toasty says:

Dat standalone…

5. avatar Matt in FL says:

I don’t see the blast shield. What am I missing?

1. avatar Sid says:

Your eyes can deceive you; don’t trust them. Stretch out with your feelings

2. avatar Andrew says:

screw the attachment, lets get back to the stand alone version (Thats what she said, heyoo!).. Shexshy. Vewee Sexshy.

6. avatar imrambi says:

That will be on Feinstein’s list in 3…2…1..

1. avatar Soccerchainsaw says:

Was that ‘double-barrel’ Joe’s head exploding I just heard in the distance?

7. avatar jwm says:

Man, that’s so ugly it must be super tacticool.

1. avatar michael nieto says:

do you only find traditional looking firearms cool

1. avatar jwm says:

Basically, yes. But my sense of beauty could be suspect. I think Mosin Nagants are cool. To me the Glock is ugly. But it works and works well. It’s still, in my opinion, ugly.

As for tacticool. Well, there’s a whole lot of wannabe operators hanging around gun forums. I guess it makes sense for a company to take their money. It’s not like this stuff will ever go anywhere but the range and the safe.

I think Mosin Nagants are cool.

I may be the world’s biggest fan of Mosin rifles and carbines, but they’re about as attractive as Lyudmila Pavlichenko.

2. avatar lolinski says:

I shouldn’t mention then that I keep a poster of her taped to the ceiling above my bed?

@lolinski, try saltpeter instead. It works just as well and it doesn’t cause nightmares.

4. avatar C says:

Cool =/= beauty. Mosins aren’t cool, but they are beautiful in their way. This is not beautiful, but it is cool.

8. avatar Roll says:

Very Starship Troopers like, I approve…

9. avatar Jake says:

Why does that thing remind me so much of the ED-309 from the original robocop? That one didn’t work out so well, but this thing looks flipping AWESOME. Didn’t the M26 MASS already fill the void on this though?

10. avatar Chad says:

Nice, don’t forget the $200 tax stamp for a SBS.

1. avatar Jon in CO says:

If I’m not mistaken, that would fall under SBS, the rifle would get registered as the host, and since it is a rotating cylindrical design, a destructive device? Street sweeper was the same basic principle, or am I wrong?

1. avatar Kashim says:

Revolving shotguns are not automagically DD’s. The Streetsweeper was, yes, but there’s a couple of cowboy designs floating around that aren’t. If you bought it as the standalone, then it doesn’t look to be an SBS either. The underbarrel one probably uses a shorter barrel – but I *think* you can count the AR as part of the OAL (it’s the shotgun’s stock, right?), so if you’re willing to take “completely unwieldy for 400”, then you might get away with no stamps. Anyone seen an FTB letter on the subject?

11. avatar Jeremy S says:

Sweet! How does the action work??? Does the trigger pull rotate that magazine like a double action revolver rotates its cylinder?

12. avatar Defens says:

How about just welding a couple of GG&G picatinny clamps to the barrel of a Rossi Circuit Judge, sans buttstock, and mounting that? Not that .410 would be a preferred breaching round….

13. avatar JSIII says:

If its under $1100 I will get one. Pew pew futuristic gun

14. avatar Tim U says:

Please make a standalone with 18.5″ barrel. I’ll grab one.

1. avatar Ken says:

Description on another site says that a commercial version will be made available with a 22 inch barrel. That would put the OAL and barrel length outside NFA. Police/mil versions to be available by end of this year and commercial version sometime after that. I’m not holding my breath for either time-line.

15. avatar Rob says:

I like it, sadly I live in the **** state of California so any “shotgun with a rotating cylinder” is banned as an “assault weapon”

16. avatar Skookum says:

The world needs more shotgun revolvers.

17. avatar ErrantVenture11 says:

Imagine a round of sporting clays with this…

Tactifudd.

18. avatar Oddux says:

Damn, this may be the most interesting firearm at SHOT. It’s both new and cool. Any word on availability to civilians and when it will be hitting the market?

19. avatar bill says:

I wouldn’t want to put my face right up against the Cylinder Gap there, could shear my face off.

Boy, could I have used one of these last year when I locked myself out of my apartment.

1. avatar Steve Truffer says:

Ralph, how was Ms Pavlichenko unattractive?
      She’s on the left.

@Steve, take another look. All she had to do was stare at the Germans and they dropped dead.

2. avatar ErrantVenture11 says:

I kicked in my own garage door (the one from the garage into the house, not the bay door) when I locked myself out this spring, the rest of the family out of town and no spare key. I felt like a bada$$…

Early in the morning, going to be late for work, no time to putz around waiting for a lock smith. The door swung in rather quickly and the doorknob punched a hole in a different door, but in the end the cost to replace the other interior door was a cheap DIY compared to calling a locksmith. Plus now I have a sweet hole cutter for my drill…

Mwahahaha!

The locksmith cost me $75 and picked the lock in 30 seconds flat. I’m glad he’s on our side.

21. avatar lolinski says:

I want one. Sadly its illegal in Norway (damn you California!).

Do they intend on making a full auto version? With 10 or 20 round drums? C’mon, this is an opportunity to revive the Jackhammer.

1. avatar BillC says:

Dammit, I was making fun of you earlier for being from Sweden. Nevermind.

1. avatar jwm says:

He lives in Norway now. But he started in the Balkans. Former Yugoslavia. Serbs, Croats and so on. Probably explains his passionate dislike of explosives.

22. avatar Josh says:

Is it semiauto or is it a revolving chamber? How easy is it to swap out cylinders? It looks like a cool concept for a limited use.

23. avatar Yoel Grauberg says:

Ahh, the latest greatest toys for the DHS gorillas to use when the confiscation begins.

1. avatar Erik says:

Exactly what I was thinking. This is what they will use when they serve that no knock warrant on your house at three am, because you have guns.
      No other reason for it to exist. Not defensive.

24. avatar ShaunL. says:

I’m on the fence.

I see no use for the stand alone version other than the (uber)cool factor but I approve of the ingenuity and hope they sell bunches.

25. avatar Aaron NM says:

Question is how does it transfer? AOW I imagine for the attachment ($5 transfer tax), but then might it become a SBS if you attach it to an AR (which would act as a stock).

What about buying it a standalone and then detach it from the stock and to a rifle or SBR. What is it now? NFA is an incredibly stupid law.

26. avatar a.a. says:

A solution looking for a problem.

27. avatar KY1911 says:

Muzzle against door-frame….hand 2 inches from muzzle….what could possibly go wrong?

28. avatar a.a. says:

Anybody got a clue how you are suppose to hold you hand when pulling the trigger on the shortbarrel on the 10upper. Looks uncomfortable at the least.

1. avatar BillC says:

I’ve seen this on other sites, and there is a pistol grip that can be attached to the shotgun when it is used as a masterkey.

29. avatar Jon R. says:

Coming to a SWATing near you!

30. avatar Dracon1201 says:

OH GOD!!! I want that standalone!!!!

31. avatar Jeremy says:

I think I remember seeing in a video about it that it’s double action not semiautomatic.

32. avatar Taylor Tx says:

Crye Precision, makers of stuff other than multicam, but yea youll never see it out in the real world so we’ll just stick to “makers of Multicam!”

Shot show does NOT qualify as in the real world 🙂

33. avatar C says:

If that standalone isn’t an SBS, i am buying.

34. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Wasn’t the Striker moved to the NFA list? I suspect this’s will be too. Even with an 22 inch bbl.

35. avatar Excedrine says:

I wonder if this can be sold to us little people as an AOW or SBS…

If so, WINNING.

36. avatar Philip says:

Meh. I’ll take an M26 MASS. Oh wait… Already have them.

37. avatar defensor fortisimo says:

I’m just trying to picture the speed loaders for this thing

38. avatar Jeff in MS says:

As I understand it, it’s NOT semiauto, but essentially a trigger-actuated double action only revolver.

39. avatar Jeff Fisher says:

Right off the bat it matches a topped-up stock 870 for capacity. How fast can you swap cylinders, and how much do spare cylinders cost? Because even if it’s slower than an untrained AK reload it will still beat a tube-fed shotgun for reload speed. Forget breeching doors. If this thing is done right, it could be the next big “social” shotgun thing. Maybe scale the thing up a bit for an 8 round cylinder and drop the under-barrel option in a Mk2 version?