Infographic: How Big Is The SHOT Show?

Image: Nick Leghorn for TTAG

I’ll give you a hint: this is only the press lounge from 2012. Bring Back The Beer!

The SHOT Show extravaganza is almost here, and all of our email accounts are buzzing with invites, plans, and travel details as we draw a deep breath before taking the plunge. As if to remind us of the enormity of the undertaking, the NSSF has put out a cool infographic which boils all of the halls, stalls and booth babes into some mind-boggling statistics. (Okay, I made up that part about the booth babes.) . . .

Click on the jumbo thumbnail below for the full infographic:

Image Courtesy NSSFAll I have to say is, yikes.

comments

1. avatar chuck (hates nj) says:

Ok stop rubbing it in, we all wish we could be there already. Now get your stuff ready and go find us some cool shit.

2. avatar Mic says:

I tried to think of a way my job was involved in some aspect of the arms industry, so I could go. But no time for love Dr. Jones.

1. avatar peirsonb says:

A few months ago I relocated for a job. Not ten minutes after I officially accepted I got a call from Remington wanting to bring me in for an interview.

It was that day that I learned it is physically possible for a person to kick their own ass….

3. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

This is the second year in a row I won’t be at the shot show.
    I’m so bummed.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

It’ll be my 40th year of SHOT Show non-attendance.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

If you get the chance, it’s really a treat. You get to talk with folks, see stuff you never would normally see.
        Go. Just go. If you are a gun person, hunter, ‘operator’, or whatever.
        Try to get to a SOFEX or a TREXPO show.
        Way cool.

2. avatar 16V says:

Then go for the real show, the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo. 2 days of SHOT, then stick around for the next 2 days of, well, if I have to explain, it’s not something to google at a corporate job.

Russo & Steele also have a high-end car auction going that week, so Vegas really will be the ultimate place to be a man. Especially one with some play money.

4. avatar Jim R says:

I started making plans to go a couple years back until I learned, like E3, it’s trade only. Boo. Hiss.

5. avatar Danny says:

Hell or high water I’m going next year. Gotta figure out who could take me though.

6. avatar ErrantVenture11 says:

Miles of aisles…

7. avatar MiketheHopsFarmer says:

You know, with a start/finish line in the parking lot you could get some tacticool shoe company to sponsor the SHOT 1/2 marathon opening day. See who really is OAF and who has a heart attack in front of the ballistic athletic supporter booth!

8. avatar Neon says:

Oh I don’t know about there not being some booth babes. I’ve sure seen some over the years at Shot. not as much as the auto show but still.
    See you Tuesday.

1. avatar 16V says:

Booth babes? See my post above…

9. avatar KMc says:

My Sons and I are going for the 1st time, can’t wait!

10. avatar TLH says:

I love the fact that I work for the company that provides the decor for SHOT